JR creates a position for Randy Brown

fola

Liked Posts:
July 1, 2009 -- The Chicago Bulls announced today that Randy Brown has been hired as Director of Player Development. In accordance with club policy, terms of the contract were not announced.

“We are excited to have Randy back in the Bulls organization in his role as Director of Player Development,” said Chicago Bulls General Manager Gar Forman. “In this new role, Randy will work with players before and after practice, overseeing on-court skills development. As a former player and coach in our league, I feel Randy’s experience will be of great benefit to our young players in numerous areas of their development.”

Brown, 41, joins the Bulls after spending the last two seasons as an assistant coach for the Sacramento Kings. A 12-year veteran of the NBA, played for the Sacramento Kings (1991-1995), Chicago Bulls (1995-2000), Boston Celtics (2000-02), and Phoenix Suns (2002-03). During his five seasons as a member of the Bulls, the Chicago native was a member of three NBA Championship teams (1996, 1997, 1998), including the 1996 squad that won an NBA-record 72 games during the regular season.

“It’s great to be back with the Bulls, and come home to Chicago once again. The Bulls are one of the best organizations in the NBA, one that I have always had a fondness for,” said Brown. “I look forward to getting started, and working with our players to help them advance and strengthen their skills.”

http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/brown_090701.html

If nothing else, it shows just how loyal JR can be. Although it kind of makes me wonder, what the hell did bg ever do to Jerry?

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
This is what I am talking about. He will never get credit from fans for doing something like this. I bet Reinsdorf could have found someone more qualified, but Brown was an one time loyal employee who was now in trouble. He offered a man a hand up, in a way that still helps Brown keep his dignity. Classy move.