Just me, or was the officiating particularly horrible today?

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:
Any scenario where the offensive player has control of the ball and the defensive player can strip the ball away while the offensive player is on the ground doesn't make sense.
If they want to keep the process of a catch then the best ruling would be incomplete but I don't think they have a rule for this scenario other than the catch was not completed yet?
Exactly this

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I could be wrong but I thought there was a situation where the Bears had a 3rd and 3. They didn’t convert, but had an illegal motion or shift. They gave them the penalty and let them replay the down making it 3rd and 8. Later in the game I thought Atlanta committed the same penalty and also didn’t convert. But they let us decline the penalty to make it 4th down. Did Atlanta accept the penalty when we did it? Am I confused about what the penalty was? If Atlanta accepted the penalty then why? It would have been 4th and 3.

I thought the exact same thing.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
So many controversial calls coming on pivotal plays was infuriating. Both roughing calls turned into 7 points for the Falcons instead of stops. And the td overturned to an interception should have been flagged.

I don't get how refs keep missing PI when the DB never turns his head. ARob has been a victim of uncalled PI in 3 consecutive weeks so I'm not surprised to see him losing his shit out there.

This was one of the weirdest games I've seen.
Remember when Ertz fully extended and pushed Kyle Fullers face into the ground, right before catching a TD last year? Yea, Bears are still stuck in the Refs Doghouse for some reason. Nagy needs to be in the ear of the refs before the game this week, this shit can't continue to happen.