Justin Fields and rookie QBs vs Playoff teams

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Not trying to challenge the main point of the comparison which i assume is that Fields performed well against high level competition relative to the peers in his class - but if they are going to use combined passing and rushing TDs they should use combined turnovers, IE ints and fumbles lost.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
JF had the toughest schedule of the group

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Don't pretend that Mac Jones was not the best QB in the rookie class last year. Did he peak, maybe....

I like Fields better and I am SOOOOO glad we have him instead, but I am giving Jones his props, because he deserved it.

Predict Field will have a better year this year, because I think the League knows how to defend against Jones now, and Fields will have better play calling letting him perform better than last year.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Just out of curiosity, we all agree that in this set of stats that Fields is the tallest midget right? Let's not lose sight of the fact that his numbers are not great here.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don't pretend that Mac Jones was not the best QB in the rookie class last year. Did he peak, maybe....

I like Fields better and I am SOOOOO glad we have him instead, but I am giving Jones his props, because he deserved it.

Predict Field will have a better year this year, because I think the League knows how to defend against Jones now, and Fields will have better play calling letting him perform better than last year.
Curious if you watched any of his games. Out of the rookie QBs his SOS was second easiest. Wilson, Jones, Lawrence, Fields, Mills.

The SOS +1.09 (Wilson) , -.90 (Jones) to -.59 (Lawrence) -.45 (Fields) and -.40 (Mills)

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Curious if you watched any of his games. Out of the rookie QBs his SOS was second easiest. Wilson, Jones, Lawrence, Fields, Mills.

The SOS +1.09 (Wilson) , -.90 (Jones) to -.59 (Lawrence) -.45 (Fields) and -.40 (Mills)
I'm on the East Coast, and we get Patriot games on a regular basis, so I watched (actively) 2 games.
Browns - 3 TDs but the game looked very Alex Smith like, nothing super explosive, but very efficient...
Bills game - 3 passing attempts could not be a more different game... he handed off the ball

As I stated in my original post, I'm far more optimistic about having Field than Jones, but Jones lead his team to a 10-7 record and to the playoffs, and if Fields had done that last year we would be erecting a statue in front of Soldier Field....

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm on the East Coast, and we get Patriot games on a regular basis, so I watched (actively) 2 games.
Browns - 3 TDs but the game looked very Alex Smith like, nothing super explosive, but very efficient...
Bills game - 3 passing attempts could not be a more different game... he handed off the ball

As I stated in my original post, I'm far more optimistic about having Field than Jones, but Jones lead his team to a 10-7 record and to the playoffs, and if Fields had done that last year we would be erecting a statue in front of Soldier Field....
Yeah for sure. I didn't watch many of his games, here and there and redzone. I wasn't that impressed.