Justin Fields at the QB Collective

TonyDogs

Liked Posts:
This is the same stuff written about Mark Sanchez when he was in high school.

I love the Fields pick but reading a high school scouting report is pointless.

What sticks out most is his intelligence, I think. The fact that he picked up and remembered things so easily. And a 29 score on your ACT is no joke, maybe not genius level, but it's really good, especially for an athlete who typically doesnt value grades as much.

Also, the fact that he scored higher than any athlete ever on that aptitude test only reinforces how smart he is.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
What sticks out most is his intelligence, I think. The fact that he picked up and remembered things so easily. And a 29 score on your ACT is no joke, maybe not genius level, but it's really good, especially for an athlete who typically doesnt value grades as much.

Also, the fact that he scored higher than any athlete ever on that aptitude test only reinforces how smart he is.
Being recruited by Harvard I think says something too

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Reading that gave me a boner

57.gif

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
When did have the time to study for the ACT? Playing football, going to football camps, etc is a lot f work. Kudos for his work ethic. If he concentrated just on academics, what is his ceiling? Food for thought.

He reminds me of Robert Smith, the former RB for the Vikings who also went to OSU. Highly intelligent individual as well. I think this is what scared teams more. He is not a meathead.

Varking

Enigma
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Toronto FC
  1. Minnesota Timberwolves
  1. Carolina Panthers
  1. Colorado Avalanche
  1. Florida Gators
This is the same stuff written about Mark Sanchez when he was in high school.

I love the Fields pick but reading a high school scouting report is pointless.
Was the same stuff written about Sanchez? I didn’t know he was recruited by Harvard.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I will give all my dogecoin gains just to have the pre-season start tomorrow so we can watch him play already
Yeah this is going to be a long 3 months.

Varking

Enigma
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Toronto FC
  1. Minnesota Timberwolves
  1. Carolina Panthers
  1. Colorado Avalanche
  1. Florida Gators
Dont believe none of that bs. He slipped because of the epilepsy issue. Plain and simple. All that other stuff are just excuses.
Hard to imagine this was a legit concern when he’s never missed a game due to it. Even his actual injuries only kept him off the field for two plays.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Dont believe none of that bs. He slipped because of the epilepsy issue. Plain and simple. All that other stuff are just excuses.
Or its multiple things. The epilepsy, the "work ethic" bashing, the first read nonsense, etc. I've read various reasons from multiple "experts".

I think it's just another case of GMs falling for what they're hearing, rather than what they're seeing. Like @Varking said, it had no affect on his game. NFL teams have Doctors. They're not idiots.

Midway Monsters

Liked Posts:
I think he fell in the draft due to the stigma around Ohio State QBs. Honestly I have my doubts too because Ohio State had one of the best offensive lines in college football. Fields does not throw well at all under pressure and he takes a long time to get the ball out of his hands. I really hope the Bears can surround him with talent and an elite offensive line.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
Hard to imagine this was a legit concern when he’s never missed a game due to it. Even his actual injuries only kept him off the field for two plays.
Its not a legit concern but come draft time teams over think this shit. Either way i honestly dont give a shit. Hes a Bear now and i believe hes going to ball out and the teams that couldve drafted him are going to be kicking themselves.

TonyDogs

Liked Posts:
I think he fell in the draft due to the stigma around Ohio State QBs. Honestly I have my doubts too because Ohio State had one of the best offensive lines in college football. Fields does not throw well at all under pressure and he takes a long time to get the ball out of his hands. I really hope the Bears can surround him with talent and an elite offensive line.

1. No serious scout takes into account a schools history of prospects at a position.

2. Ohio State did not have one of the best O-Lines in football.

3. It's been well documented why Fields holds onto the ball. Do some research.