Justin Fields college comparisons.....Watson? McNabb? Culpepper? Vince Young? Trubi.....(ducks and hides LOL)

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That he has that elusiveness and ran about 1/2 as much as Watson bodes well for the NFL. He also ran a full field O. When and how he plays will have a lot to do with what the coaches want from him. Apparently he's quite smart but If he starts early, he won't have most of the offense at his disposal. I expect him to do fine either way but I think the best scenario is him showing up after 6 games or more. As much as I want to see him play, I want to see him have all his tools on hand. That includes his own recognition and library to play from, an OL that has come together and his new slot WR (Newsome) to acclimate.

Last edited:

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Was thinking the same thing. Josh Allen seems like a good comp, although Fields has a better pedigree coming out (and more speed). Allen put up a 107 passer rating last year with nearly 70% completions, 4,500 yards, 37 TDs with 7.9 yards per attempt... in the cold weather. I'll take from Fields all day.
Which says a lot about the coaches playing to his strengths...ours on the other hand wont

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
who do you think his best comparison is?

How about we just let him be Justin Fields and let his play/development show the player he is?

Oh, my bad. I keep forgetting I'm on CCS...

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
How about we just let him be Justin Fields and let his play/development show the player he is?

Oh, my bad. I keep forgetting I'm on CCS...

?‍♂️ Kinda the entire premise of a message board...

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
I do agree player comps are an exercise in futility but it's the offseason. People want shit to talk about.

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
?‍♂️ Kinda the entire premise of a message board...
Comparing him to guys who have failed in years past for whatever reasons they failed (or had some success) at the NFL level before he's even played a down or taken a fucking practice scrimmage snap is the 'entire premise' of a message board?

Agree to disagree. You/OP have every right to be an idiot and a meatball, but I'd contend that two brain cells colliding for a functioning thought could stimulate far better discussion--like how Northwestern or Bama made him look pedestrian while Clemson and the rest of the brief 2020 schedule made him look rather successful.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Comparing him to guys who have failed in years past for whatever reasons they failed (or had some success) at the NFL level before he's even played a down or taken a fucking practice scrimmage snap is the 'entire premise' of a message board?

Agree to disagree. You/OP have every right to be an idiot and a meatball, but I'd contend that two brain cells colliding for a functioning thought could stimulate far better discussion--like how Northwestern or Bama made him look pedestrian while Clemson and the rest of the brief 2020 schedule made him look rather successful.
From what I've seen you're "that guy." The resident douche canoe who thinks he's above it all.

We've had plenty of legitimate football discussion over the years on here. You rarely engaged. Instead, opting for child like behavior with personal attacks. 20 years between two bears boards this is nothing new.

As I said In the next post. I agree player comps are an exercise in futility but people are bored, man.

Here's a thought. Start a thread if you really wanna talk football.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
@Zvbxrpl as for the questions you posed about Fields looking pedestrian in those those games. It's a good one. Coach Day addressed some of this. OSU was missing 22 players in the big 10 championship game because of covid. Fields was pressing to make plays. According to him and Coach day. His #1 wr was out and they had to insert a true freshman in the lineup.

Going into the Bama game, Day claimed that Fields had two broken ribs from the hit in the Clemson game, could barely get out of bed and didn't practice at all leading into the game. If you look at some of the very basic throws he missed in that game, like check downs, it was pretty clear his throwing motion was compromised from the injury. That said, personally I don't think it would have mattered regardless. That Alabama team was an all timer. Even if he could have somehow possibly recreated his performance from the semi final I think Bama still wins that game.

Pat Fitzgerald on NFLN just now said Fields also hurt his hand in that game when asked about Fields to Chicago during a segment about his guys going in the first round.

Last edited: