Justin Fields Named Starter Moving Forward

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Except Fields did play well and Nagy insisted that Dalton was still the starter when he was healthy. That was were it went off the rails, I agree with you it made sense before that point. Unless Nagy knows something we don't it made no sense to double down on Dalton this week, only to reverse course a couple days later.
Please read what I said!

He said, "Dalton is QB1 when he is "healthy". Smart.

Fields won the game against Detroit.

He still said, "Dalton is QB1 when he is "healthy". Still smart ... because Dalton was going to have some mysterious setback (shaking that ass in Club Dub aggravated his bone injury?) and Fields would play again.

If Fields continued to keep winning, "Dalton QB1 but Dalton not 100% yet". Rinse and repeat.

If Fields started playing really bad, "Dalton is QB1 and he is finally ready to take back his starting position". Fields would, thus, never be benched.

When Nagy came out and said Fields was QB1, it proved that it was not his decision to make.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
And who's job is it to get Fields ready?

Nagy is on notice because if the offense doesn't improve, he's gone

His of course but whether someone could have been ready if not for bad coaching or whether someone isn't ready despite good coaching is entirely subjective.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don't think it was trolling. I think that it was one of the few intelligent things that Nagy has done this year.

By saying Dalton was QB1 when he was "healthy" allowed for Fields to play, and if Fields played poorly, there was a ready excuse to replace him with Dalton. If Fields played well, Dalton would have suffered some mysterious setback that would have continued until either Fields started playing poorly or the season ended.

With Nagy announcing that Fields is QB1 today, it shows that it was not Nagy who made the move because it is no advantage to him (see above).

The decision was either Pace (a Dalton trade would prove it was Pace) or the McCaskeys. We will probably never know.

No I meant the cunting where people actually thought Dalton would be the starter if healthy. It was coachspeak. Never took it seriously which I said in the thread where people were freaking out about it when he made that statement.

We essentially agree. There was no real chance Dalton would start until such time that Fields actually fucked up.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Amazing stuff here.

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
Those dimes Fields threw vs Detroit should have been all the proof anyone with half a football brain should need to have him keep playing.

Leave it to the Bears to make it difficult even with a no brainer move like this.

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
I urge every single person here that as soon as it is available, listen to the Cross talk between the Bernstein show and The Lawrence Holmes show with all of this broke. It's still going on and I haven't stopped laughing and smiling because it is by far the most hilarious thing I have heard in a long damn time on the radio.

Holmes especially painted an awesome picture of how he wants it so desperately that things change because Virginia walked into hell it's all like a pimp and grabbed naggy by the ear and told him if he doesn't start fields she's going to whoop his ass ??????
Jesus H. Tap dancing Christ!!!

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Except Fields did play well and Nagy insisted that Dalton was still the starter when he was healthy. That was were it went off the rails, I agree with you it made sense before that point. Unless Nagy knows something we don't it made no sense to double down on Dalton this week, only to reverse course a couple days later.
I think he’s agreeing with you on that, but saying that that proves that Fields was only named the starter because of an outside influence on Nagy, such as Pace or ownership.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
No I meant the cunting where people actually thought Dalton would be the starter if healthy. It was coachspeak. Never took it seriously which I said in the thread where people were freaking out about it when he made that statement.

We essentially agree. There was no real chance Dalton would start until such time that Fields actually fucked up.
We agree.

I read it wrong. Shit happens.

Bearsgonewild

Liked Posts:
So. Fields will play from now on, knowing that his coach, didn't want him to play.

The chip (on his shoulder), however big it was, JUST. GOT. BIGGER.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So. Fields will play from now on, knowing that his coach, didn't want him to play.

The chip (on his shoulder), however big it was, JUST. GOT. BIGGER.
It's never good when your QB is muttering, "Fuck you, coach," under his breath. I'm just hoping that Nagy has FINALLY woken up and seen what's going on here, and will adapt to SUPPORT Fields. Enough trying to shove a square peg into a round hole already. He's on VERY thin ice. 90% chance he's gone. But knowing the Bears, 10% chance they give him an extension.