Justin Fields' Near Historically Bad Rookie Season (since 2006) as measured by QBR. The Reasons Why

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Justin’s season has been near historically (since 2006)bad as measured by QBR, but if Justin was in New England, and Mac Jones was in Chicago, Fields would have superior numbers and Jones would be in the hospital, or playing behind Andy Dalton. All that needs to happen...is the Bears need to, at minimum, replace Pace and Nagy with a competent GM and head coach. I know that's asking for a miracle because it's the Bears.

Here’s some reasons for the low rating, almost all things beyond Field’s control:

Matt Nagy gave him zero first string reps in training camp. Matt Nagy forces HIS scheme, doesn't adapt it to the player's strength, or what the defense is trying to do. Matt Nagy/Ryan Pace turned Allen Robinson from a dominating WR to a criminally underused and then checked out guy waiting for another team/season. Ryan Pace: Here's a bottom of the barrel offensive line, where you'll run for your life and have one clean pocket a game, go get 'em. Matt Nagy: Run these pocket passing plays, even though the line can't block for them. Matt Nagy: run these plays the defense (and fans for that matter) see's coming from a mile away. Ryan Pace: Here's Cold Cement: He can't get open or catch, but he sure is from Notre Dame. Ryan Pace: Here's Darnell Mooney, and a bunch of fast guys who can't run routes or catch footballs. Matt Nagy/receivers: Here's the plays/guys that the DB's know are coming/wear DB's like itchy, tight fitting sweaters. Matt Nagy: even though the running game is a strength, play action off of the run is forbidden. Matt Nagy: Never met a quarterback he couldn't coach up to fail in HIS offense. Fields: Tries to do too much, makes rookie mistakes, poor ball security, questionable mechanics.

Here’s some reasons for hope for success in 2022 and beyond:

Has desire/work ethic/attitude/big time college experience/natural leadership qualities/talent/2021 NFL season to build on.
I am under the impression that the OP is actually Craig Steltz, the lack of correct spelling of his own name and formatting and content of his post should be exhibit 1 in his lawsuit against the NFL for CTE.

Last edited:

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
What difference did it make that you've been getting defensive over ppl commenting on Fields' play for weeks?

None...because he still has been bad.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
At this point not only do you want Fields to fail but you need to him too. If he doesn’t you look even worse than normal

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
At this point not only do you want Fields to fail but you need to him too. If he doesn’t you look even worse than normal
Actually he can't wait for the excuses from people next year, but going into every week he says he expects him to have a good game. He's made it so he can say he #calledit no matter what happens

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Actually he can't wait for the excuses from people next year, but going into every week he says he expects him to have a good game. He's made it so he can say he #calledit no matter what happens
It's so bizarre around here...

In your guys' mind, I'm not allowed to HOPE Fields plays well...while also being HONEST about what's actually happening.

If Fields plays better in 2022, it doesn't mean I was wrong about 2021.

stelz

Heavily Medicated
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I am under the impression that the OP is actually Craig Steltz, the lack of correct spelling of his own name and formatting and content of his post should be exhibit 1 in his lawsuit against the NFL for CTE.
Nope. Not that I remember, anyway

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It's so bizarre around here...

In your guys' mind, I'm not allowed to HOPE Fields plays well...while also being HONEST about what's actually happening.

If Fields plays better in 2022, it doesn't mean I was wrong about 2021.
Lol you don’t HOPE he plays well, you talk out of both sides of your mouth because your past predictions were awful

Krogoth

Liked Posts:
Are you suggesting that there are people here that think Fields is a complete QB already, and that people think the only issue is the coach/team around him? I don't think that's the case, although the naysayers will say that over and over again because it fits their narrative.

No one is saying that Fields is perfect. He has issues that he needs to work on. But if you're even remotely objective about him as a rookie QB, he's not terrible. He's not having a historically bad season. He's playing like a rookie in a terrible offense, and at times showing flashes. He's our best offensive player outside of David Montgomery.

The big hope isn't really with him, it's with this organization finally taking their head out of their ass, cleaning house, and hiring the right people.
Of course nobody is saying he is a complete player only needing a supporting cast at the moment.

There is a large selection of people that are on a mission to shit on anyone voicing concerns about his problems and insist his issues as irrelevant due to the shit show surrounding him.

This fan base has a strange group of people coming out of the woodwork any time some critiques Fields just so they can snipe at the poster, scream that his performance is irrelevant this year, and shit all over the discussions.

Some guys here do a good job discussing play. It inevitably only goes so far before a hater or a white knight jumps in and starts crying though. That is what makes this place borderline intolerable.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lol you don’t HOPE he plays well, you talk out of both sides of your mouth because your past predictions were awful
Man, you're one of those ppl that has to have a bad guy around.

If there isn't one, you invent him.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Of course nobody is saying he is a complete player only needing a supporting cast at the moment.

There is a large selection of people that are on a mission to shit on anyone voicing concerns about his problems and insist his issues as irrelevant due to the shit show surrounding him.

This fan base has a strange group of people coming out of the woodwork any time some critiques Fields just so they can snipe at the poster, scream that his performance is irrelevant this year, and shit all over the discussions.

Some guys here do a good job discussing play. It inevitably only goes so far before a hater or a white knight jumps in and starts crying though. That is what makes this place borderline intolerable.
OH like a clansman! I get it. Shit Stain I found another racist!

Visionman

Liked Posts:

Welcome to ccs. Sadly, what you described is what it is all the time, unfortunately…

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not healthy, you should seriously consider not reading these forums if it bothers you so much.

Oh but he did.... Remember when he claimed he was "going dark" but then never did because he's a fucking loser obsessed with trying to troll the board with his new CCS "Black Rainbow" persona. Good times... lol

? @ "voicing concerns"

Yeah, we get it. You clowns are "concerned" about Fields. Thanks for letting us all know. Again.

What I find strange is changing your CCS name to "Black Rainbow" in a pathetic attempt to troll the board with your new internet persona and then fixating on the new QB because it's a perfect topic to troll the board with, but that's just me. ?‍♂️

Look new guy, it's one thing to be "concerned" about Fields. You do you. It's another to spam the board about it like our friend @Black Rainbow here because you have an agenda and are running a bit.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
I just hope all the assholes bashing on Fields now can admit they were dumbasses when he starts balling out under a competent coach in a competent NFL level offense.
I think it's cute to think the Bears will hire a good coach or display consistent competence on offense much less do both.