Justin Fields under pressure

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Now show me where I said they should sign a “starter quality backup C”.

Mustipher had already shown for two seasons that he’s not an NFL caliber player. It was clear they should’ve upgraded.

He had a bad game. Prior to yesterday both ESPN and PFF had him given up minimal pressure.

He has 8 pressures per PFF and 6 of them were yesterday ie just 2 in first 3 games. ESPN has his pass block win rate as 100% for first 3 games and then he has u pressures this 4th game.

So no he belongs in the league even if he may not belong as a starter.

jc456

Liked Posts:
Where did u come up with this bs theory? Yes Fields can call things out as well, but.........

The center is sometimes referred to as the leader of the offensive line. This is because they are responsible for making any blocking adjustments and pointing out rushers along with the quarterback. If a center sees an adjustment that needs to be made, they will alert the quarterback and other linemen.

Acting like Mustipher is suppose to sit there and do nothing, unless he is told by Fields, is a joke.
Wow, who’s responsible for safeties and corners line backers?

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
How many did he miss against the Giants? I ask because it seems that even the best quarterbacks miss 1-2 layups per game. I feel like he could be seeing ghosts out there or missing open receivers sometimes because he has no faith in his protection to hold up or for his receivers to win. Being rushed up the middle while learning to play with different foot work and timing than he's ever used seems like a recipe for disaster at first.

Also, I honestly believe this game could have been a lot better for the QB if Pettis hangs on to that ball and keeps the drive alive and if Velus holds on to the punt. That's 2 opportunities that could have easily resulted in points and not the qbs fault at all,.
I counted 4, including the fumble which was all him. Two of those were net positive because he ran for a fd

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
I counted 4, including the fumble which was all him. Two of those were net positive because he ran for a fd

Does that include the play where Mooney ran the wrong route? It's hard to blame fields for that especially if his eyes were supposed to be somewhere else in the progressions.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Does that include the play where Mooney ran the wrong route? It's hard to blame fields for that especially if his eyes were supposed to be somewhere else in the progressions.
Yes. He’sa pro qb, that’sa play he should make. We don’t know what they’re telling him either. It’s speculation on our part. On rewatch though, this game wasn’t as bad as it felt. He’s getting better. Hopefully the light turns on and he starts taking what he can instead of trying to make a big play.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was one of the ones bitching about the quick pass game, it’s there he’s not seeing it. Once he does though. ** at times

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I agree.

Somehow, however, I think some quarterbacks might have actually overcome shoddy oline play and found a way to win regardless.

That's not most quarterbacks, however, and it certainly not Justin Fields in his sophomore season.

Hopefully, that day will come, but it is not a given.

Most .....if not all Qb's perish without a pass pro

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Where did u come up with this bs theory? Yes Fields can call things out as well, but.........

The center is sometimes referred to as the leader of the offensive line. This is because they are responsible for making any blocking adjustments and pointing out rushers along with the quarterback. If a center sees an adjustment that needs to be made, they will alert the quarterback and other linemen.

Acting like Mustipher is suppose to sit there and do nothing, unless he is told by Fields, is a joke.

I've watched us consistently get beat.....4DL defenders to 5 OL, And I ask myself, where's the center Mustipher. ?

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
How does Mustyass have a fucking job. Dude sucks and should be on a roster...period

Poles the bust didn't draft or pick up anyone after roasting the oline and preaching the importance of having one.
I know, give him time but it's really hard when it's 52 weeks between him working and then 17 weeks of the failure.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
This coming draft CCS will collectively forget about o-line issues and will want to prioritize drafting WRs.

...remember this. It happens Every. Effing. Year.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
This coming draft CCS will collectively forget about o-line issues and will want to prioritize drafting WRs.

Need both, bitch. Thanks.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I haven’t forgotten about o-line issues since 2007. At that time, I imagine you were spamming pokemon forums and putting people with whom you disagreed on ignore

shoez90

Liked Posts:
I agree.

Somehow, however, I think some quarterbacks might have actually overcome shoddy oline play and found a way to win regardless.

That's not most quarterbacks, however, and it certainly not Justin Fields in his sophomore season.

Hopefully, that day will come, but it is not a given.
I agree on a certain level but I submit poor Andrew Luck as exhibit A. I would rate him as a very high QB but he could only do so much on all those teams til they got him some help. Exhibit B might be Stafford who went to a decent O line team don't care about coaching, O line that had some consistency and look at him. Not saying we are same but that Incredible talent will get you only so far eventually others have to step up or in this case I believe be added. JORDAN the greatest NBA player of all time won after they got him Pippen. Team sport requires no demands a decent team effort. Some of these guys are playing their asses off but they will never be able to out talent every other team's player. Reality is they win five maybe six games and get reps together and valuable insight to who we can draft.

thedarkstark

Liked Posts:

nah these idiots will want to draft another QB they can ruin by never giving him any help and switching schemes every year.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I wouldn't say they were fine - Mustipher was getting blown up so often, that the tackles didn't even have much time to suck.

yay?
No. The tackles looked worse because the QB can't step up in a pocket due to Musty and Patrick in that game.

Here's a balanced take on things.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

1st round? Are you looking to replace Jones because I thought you felt it was the only OL position worthy of that pick.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He had a bad game. Prior to yesterday both ESPN and PFF had him given up minimal pressure.

He has 8 pressures per PFF and 6 of them were yesterday ie just 2 in first 3 games. ESPN has his pass block win rate as 100% for first 3 games and then he has u pressures this 4th game.

So no he belongs in the league even if he may not belong as a starter.
Stats are true but he still gives too much ground and makes the Ts and QBs job a lot harder.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
1st round? Are you looking to replace Jones because I thought you felt it was the only OL position worthy of that pick.
Some of these guys are depth guys and nothing more....we'll see.

LiverpoolBearsFAn

Liked Posts:
OL is a big part of preventing or allowing pressure, but one thing I really noticed against the Giants was the lack of separation.

OL gives you time but on a few plays they showed where Fields had been sacked, each receiver and defender looked like one person! I think OL has done ok, but Fields being pressured isn’t just on them.

I’d be interested in the separation stats if anyone knows where to get them. It certainly looks like Bears receivers are struggling to get open.

The line can protect him really well but it’s no use if he still doesn’t have a receiver to throw to. We don’t seem to use quick fire throws like slants very much, you’d think that would be a good idea under the circumstances. Fields has a rocket arm and it means relying less on the receivers making space downfield.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Stats are true but he still gives too much ground and makes the Ts and QBs job a lot harder.

Sure but he is a backup level player that is player due to injury.