Justin Fields worst QB against cover 0?

VickAshley✅️verified

✅️ verified member - He/Him/Himselve/Sir
Liked Posts:
Cover-0 — man coverage across the board with no deep safeties — can bedevil most quarterbacks. Last season, Justin Fields was perhaps most bedeviled. The Bears’ rookie quarterback had all sorts of things stacked against him, and it showed against this particular coverage. Against Cover-0, Fields completed three of six passes for 23 yards, 12 air yards, no touchdowns, one interception, an ANY/A of 7.7, and a passer rating of 20.1.

In Week 2 against the Bengals, Fields tried to hit Marquise Goodwin on a mesh concept, but he didn’t see linebacker Logan Wilson dropping from the line of scrimmage into coverage, and Wilson had an easy pick. Assessing where defenders are on the field — especially in disguised looks — is something Fields will have to work on under a new offensive staff.

This literally does the opposite of boating well for Feilds as he goes into his second season even if his next four attempts passing against that scheme are successful because that is literally only 60% which is literally a failed grade so he will have to have the next fourteen attempts be completion but that only puts him at 70% which is still only a c- grade!

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I completely agree...but it doesn't stop ppl from circle-jerking over positives with a small sample size.
So, you know it's stupid, but since others stupidly do it, you stupidly do it too?

When your mother asked you if you would jump off a bridge if your friends were doing it, did you stupify her by answering..."Of course?"

Kinda sad.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
This literally does the opposite of boating well for Feilds as he goes into his second season even if his next four attempts passing against that scheme are successful because that is literally only 60% which is literally a failed grade so he will have to have the next fourteen attempts be completion but that only puts him at 70% which is still only a c- grade!

So 60% of the time, it works 100% of the time?

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
*shrugs* QB1 will have to perform if he wants to silence the critics; it definitely won't be handed to him. The good news is he has the tools to do so. The bad news is the team may not have done enough to upgrade the offensive line. Will be fun(!?).

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I completely agree...but it doesn't stop ppl from circle-jerking over positives with a small sample size. For example, there was a thread about Fields having the highest passer rating on designed rollouts...so of course the problem was it not being called enough. Your post...no mention of small sample-size/fluke.

View attachment 20484

19 is 3 times as many attempts as 6. 6 is a ridiculously low sample. 19 is low but still somewhat meaningful relative to 270 total attempts.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
19 is 3 times as many attempts as 6. 6 is a ridiculously low sample. 19 is low but still somewhat meaningful relative to 270 total attempts.
Aren’t you on ignore too

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
Well, you didn't try to talk about raping women in my family, so I guess this is a lot better...

WOW, you really like to twist my words.

I said that I had intercourse with your Mother... it was consensual.

I should also mention that I never made a death threat to you as you previously stated. I kindly suggested that you should jump off of the tallest building you can find. Whether you choose to do so or not is on you. Maybe bring a parachute, dummy.

Also, other posters stating that they fucked your dead grandma isn't rape either. It's fucked up and weird, but hey if other posters want to 'crack open a cold one' then I'm not gonna kink shame.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Canth

Liked Posts:
6 attempts is more than just a small sample size, its just fucking stupid to draw any conclusions from 6 attempts

Well, at least they doubled down on it by pointing out the example from the Bengals game in Week 2. As a rookie. And one that wasn't supposed to even play in week 2 and had all of 5 snaps to his credit from week 1 - where he went 2 of 2 for 10 yards and a 87.5 rating as long as we are doing the dumb sample size bit.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Scours the known universe looking for any scrap of dirt to post about Fields, no matter how inane.

When bullshit is called says "I agree but also the people who say Fields is good don't have evidence either".