K.C. Johnson: "Hoiberg acknowledged for first time Butler has soreness in heel"

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Hope it's not the dreaded plantar fasciitis. I would honestly consider shutting Jimmy down, getting the surgery now, and sucking our way into a decent lottery selection. It's really our only shot at getting a young impact player.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Less wins for Simmons!

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Less wins for Simmons!

Well, who knows who we would end up with. But on a serious note, at some point you have to ask yourself: Can this team win a championship? Can we get past Cleveland or even Miami or Indiana? Yet alone the Warriors. The answer is clearly no. Now, how can we improve? We have no money to sign an impact player and no assets to acquire one. So yes, landing yourself in the lottery is a good thing. Then you have options and could even move up a few spots by trading someone like Niko or future picks. Or you could wait until Rose's contract is up and hope a star free agent signs here. History shows that probably isn't going to happen. But hey, sarcastic comments are cool. I use them myself.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well, who knows who we would end up with. But on a serious note, at some point you have to ask yourself: Can this team win a championship? Can we get past Cleveland or even Miami or Indiana? Yet alone the Warriors. The answer is clearly no. Now, how can we improve? We have no money to sign an impact player and no assets to acquire one. So yes, landing yourself in the lottery is a good thing. Then you have options and could even move up a few spots by trading someone like Niko or future picks. Or you could wait until Rose's contract is up and hope a star free agent signs here. History shows that probably isn't going to happen. But hey, sarcastic comments are cool. I use them myself.
How do you know I was sarcastic? We ain't winning jack this year.

DirtyDutchDiggler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. LA Galaxy
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Miami Dolphins
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Miami Hurricanes
Less wins for Simmons!

I have a very strong feeling that the organization is going to make a push for Kris Dunn. He is having a great season and flying under the radar. Many projections have him around where we will pick. Rose is playing uninspired basketball and his career is on path with Brandon Roy. The FO knows this and Dunn is probably the most NBA ready to play the point.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I have a very strong feeling that the organization is going to make a push for Kris Dunn. He is having a great season and flying under the radar. Many projections have him around where we will pick. Rose is playing uninspired basketball and his career is on path with Brandon Roy. The FO knows this and Dunn is probably the most NBA ready to play the point.
Because he's not being talked about on ESPN does not mean he's flying under the radar. And projections on December 1 don't meant much for something that is going to take place in late June.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
Only took a month (with a 10-5 record & wins over 2 of the 3 top teams in the NBA) for the tanking talk to begin. :smh:

I should probably just bookmark this thread now, so when we're in the hunt for a top playoff spot at the end of the year, you all can see how ridiculous you were.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Only took a month (with a 10-5 record & wins over 2 of the 3 top teams in the NBA) for the tanking talk to begin. :smh:

I should probably just bookmark this thread now, so when we're in the hunt for a top playoff spot at the end of the year, you all can see how ridiculous you were.

Do you think we're a championship team? There's a difference between being in the hunt for a top seed in the east and being a legit championship contender. We've seen this show before. It usually ends by being bounced by Cleveland. It's hard to get overly excited when this team just doesn't have the talent to win a ring. Jimmy is a top 10-15 player but after that, we don't have much.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Do you think we're a championship team? There's a difference between being in the hunt for a top seed in the east and being a legit championship contender. We've seen this show before. It usually ends by being bounced by Cleveland. It's hard to get overly excited when this team just doesn't have the talent to win a ring. Jimmy is a top 10-15 player but after that, we don't have much.

Why in hell do you not make a trade for a SG or SF? Seriously, why do we have two guys in top management doing absolutely nothing to balance this team out?

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Why in hell do you not make a trade for a SG or SF? Seriously, why do we have two guys in top management doing absolutely nothing to balance this team out?

I'm glad you thought of this. That's an excellent idea. Btw, what SG/SF is on the trade block right now and what pieces of ours do they want for them?

Troy23

Liked Posts:
If Jimmy does have plantar fasciitis, and it's not a full blown tear, he just needs dry needling. I have plantar fasciitis and after 2 sessions of dry needling, I've had no issues since!

Enasic

Liked Posts:
If Jimmy does have plantar fasciitis, and it's not a full blown tear, he just needs dry needling. I have plantar fasciitis and after 2 sessions of dry needling, I've had no issues since!

Is your activity level the same as a professional basketball player?

Troy23

Liked Posts:
Does that matter? No. If the injury is just micro tears which is easily fixable with dry needling and correct stretching, as well as footwear to support the arch in the foot, then his injury will be just fine.

I may not have the same activity level as an NBA player, but I am on my feet all day in my job, so the impact on my feet may actually be the same if not worse than an NBA player, who lets be honest, has more opportunity for rest.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm glad you thought of this. That's an excellent idea. Btw, what SG/SF is on the trade block right now and what pieces of ours do they want for them?

The time for the trade was awhile ago and before the draft. Instead they drafted Portis and decided that Snell, Hinrich, and Dunleavy were good smalls. Made no sense. BTW........what is a two headed monster like Gar/Pax supposed to do for their money if it isn't making trades to improve the team?

Okay, so you go on the record, please. have the Bulls done a good job putting this team together over the last lets say 5 years? Do Gar/Pax represent a good management team? Did they do a smart thing in not trading for smalls and drafting Portis? Was Hoiberg the best coach for this team? Did his relationship with Gar/Pax get more factored in than who the best head coach they could hire. Stuff like that:)

Enasic

Liked Posts:
The time for the trade was awhile ago and before the draft. Instead they drafted Portis and decided that Snell, Hinrich, and Dunleavy were good smalls. Made no sense. BTW........what is a two headed monster like Gar/Pax supposed to do for their money if it isn't making trades to improve the team?

Okay, so you go on the record, please. have the Bulls done a good job putting this team together over the last lets say 5 years? Do Gar/Pax represent a good management team? Did they do a smart thing in not trading for smalls and drafting Portis? Was Hoiberg the best coach for this team? Did his relationship with Gar/Pax get more factored in than who the best head coach they could hire. Stuff like that:)

You realize this has gone over ad nauseum but here we go...

The time for the trade was awhile ago before the draft?

Ok...and again I ask you: Who was available? What players of ours do other teams want that will transform this team to your liking? I'm going to give you a hint...no matter who we trade on this team, it isn't landing us a star and we're not winning a championship. Then you would have a new thing to bitch about. The trade we made that didn't help us.

Drafting Portis was easily the smart move. He was the BPA. If the Bulls passed on him, they would be stupid. They're one of the best drafting organizations in the entire league and you're still trying to find fault in them drafting a guy who was probably the steal of the draft.

They decided Snell, Hinrich, and Dunleavy were good smalls?

The only thing that doesn't make sense about that, is only Hinrich could be considered a "small" from that group. Snell and Dunleavy are wings. But anyways, Snell was/is under contract and MDJ signed a very reasonable deal. It's easy to nitpick the move when he ended up injured but if he were healthy, trust me, he would be helping this offense and this team. Furthermore, he would you have liked the Bulls to sign with not enough money under the cap to sign someone better than MDJ? I'm genuinely curious. Would love to hear it.

Garpax's job entails a lot of things. Trade are only a small part of it and again, I do think they'll make a move this year and again, it won't help us win a championship. Do you know why? I'll give you a hint. He's making 20 million dollars and his jersey number is one digit. When your franchise player implodes with injuries and you're paying them 20 million dollars, the results are always bad. We've gone over this. You still don't get it. I'm not surprised.

Did they do a smart thing in not trading for "smalls" and drafting Portis?

Drafting Portis was absolutely the smart thing and again, they could have traded for a wing player and this team would still look like a pretender. Do you know why? We don't have a franchise player. Butler is a great number 2, but he's not a guy who can carry a team like a prime Rose.

Was Hoiberg the best coach for this team?

Honestly, I have no idea. I don't think this roster fits his offense, and I think the Bulls brass knew this. They're rebuilding/reshuffling and they feel that Fred is best for that. I'm sure the relationship played a factor. Of course it did...they knew him better than they knew any candidate and felt good about him. Unfortunately, he doesn't have an above average PG on the roster and guys like Gasol and Noah aren't ideal fits either. The jury is still out on Fred. I think he needs to do better but he's not working with his ideal roster.

I don't expect you to comprehend or remember any of this but instead reply with a bunch of garfield goose and crumb references and crying about trades that weren't made like they would propel us to a championship contender. Again, for the millionth time, this team is handcuffed until Derrick Rose's contract is off the books. Let that seep in and try to understand it.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Kris Dunn is already thought of as going in the top 10. So much for that.