K.Whyte the real sleeper?

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I feel like if he is on the PS, he would be officially a bust.

Any team would take a flier on that elite speed, so if he does make something of himself but starts the year for us on the PS, then he will be making himself in another uniform.
Gotta agree. The 53 this year is gonna be harder than normal to predict

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
CJ running style...hit the hole fast and gash. If you hit daylight just keep on running full like Forest Gump evading the cops.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
I think we need to be realistic.

I would like to see him in preseason and if he looks like he has a clue, lets see what he can do with 1-2 touches a game and see if we can steal an explosive gain every couple of games.
Realistically let's see if he can be a gunner on special teams and maybe return a few balls. Give him a few carries IF he shows he knows now to pass protect.

IMHO if he makes the team he's got to play special teams.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
They took a couple of his best games where the defense barely knew his name and extrapolated it over the rest of his career.

To be fair, they weren't really being fair.

Oh my God. Attention span to the context of the conversation please.

I said it's not the same because DA had NFL ability to make plays evidenced by making some plays in an NFL game; Whyte has zero.

That's it.

That does not mean I do not simultaneously believe those who had kept hoping beyond reason did not BECOME irrational, but that also is not at all analogous to Whyte ... so thanks I guess.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Oh my God. Attention span to the context of the conversation please.

I said it's not the same because DA had NFL ability to make plays evidenced by making some plays in an NFL game; Whyte has zero.

That's it.

That does not mean I do not simultaneously believe those who had kept hoping beyond reason did not BECOME irrational, but that also is not at all analogous to Whyte ... so thanks I guess.
Your welcome I guess...?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Gotta agree. The 53 this year is gonna be harder than normal to predict

Yep and for Whyte he'll have to show something special enough to be kept on the 53 when he's already got D.Montgomery, M.Davis and T.Cohen ahead of him and we gave C.Patterson $5 mil per to be our top KR/4th RB. How many RB's did we start the year with on the 53 last year? Wasn't it just Howard, Cohen and Benny for at least the 1st half of the year and then they brought Mizzell up later in the year?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Yep and for Whyte he'll have to show something special enough to be kept on the 53 when he's already got D.Montgomery, M.Davis and T.Cohen ahead of him and we gave C.Patterson $5 mil per to be our top KR/4th RB. How many RB's did we start the year with on the 53 last year? Wasn't it just Howard, Cohen and Benny for at least the 1st half of the year and then they brought Mizzell up later in the year?

:unsure: ???:sleep:

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
He reminds me a little of a young Clinton Portis. A one cut runner that if he puts his foot in the ground and you over pursue he is gone to the house.

I think we see him 2-3 carries a game and maybe 3-4 pass plays a game [not targets, but plays]

But we will need to see if he can adjust his vision to the NFL game where holes close in a nano-second.
Backfield is pretty packed, so this kid will need to light it up in Preseason to have a chance. A kick return for a TD and several big plays kind of preseason. But then you have an issue because the rest of the League has also seen some big plays, and then it could make it hard to get him on the PS without being claimed.

The question about his vision, since he is a one cut and go kind of guy, wouldn't he be better suited than say a kid that juked his way to big plays in college?

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:

Thank you for trying to communicate via sign language to @dabears70 but I don't think he will understand.

@dabears70 My buddy, my pal. What he is trying to suggest is that if you are thinking/wondering about something in the internet age that you should look to your computer and click on over to Google and search for yourself. Then take a nap.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Backfield is pretty packed, so this kid will need to light it up in Preseason to have a chance. A kick return for a TD and several big plays kind of preseason. But then you have an issue because the rest of the League has also seen some big plays, and then it could make it hard to get him on the PS without being claimed.

The question about his vision, since he is a one cut and go kind of guy, wouldn't he be better suited than say a kid that juked his way to big plays in college?

I think he has a spot waiting for him. He is going to take the Mizzell spot as the #4 RB.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Your welcome I guess...?

Nope. Try harder to keep track of the conversation please. A bit of a pet peeve of mine, but I get random arguments from people that never seem to be paying attention to the conversation and the point I was making during the chat.

But at least I am not rory. Some people here live to fight him so much that they go out of the way to twist his meaning to start their proverbial engines.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
That's cool but I'm sorry you don't have a smartphone in 2019...

I literally actually don't. My choice. I was paying as I go before they slapped that option with a mandatory monthly fee that doesn't match how much I call/text.

In my defense, all family is close within driving distance and on FB for free.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Lets not forget that he's also a good receiver so we could get some big plays out of him in the receiving game as well. Where Cohen is more quick then fast Whyte is fast and quick. I could see him running plays out of the slot just like Cohen does. We just have so many weapons on offense that i'm not sure we can fit him in too much more then like Windy said of 2-3-4 plays a game. The kid is a 7th round pick so anything we can get out of him if he did make it is a win.

baredown

Liked Posts:
Has a single player ever been poached off the Bears PS, ever?

To name a few:
Dieugot Joseph (2017)
Brandon Dunn (2015)
Levi Horn (2011)

And that doesn't even count New England attempting to sign the immortal David Fales off the Bears PS in 2014, only to have the Bears counter-offer and sign him to their 53...

Face it, PS players are essentially free agents from a contractual perspective. They can sign with any team at any time, and the team holding their PS contract has no option to match. If Pace decides Whyte is a long term asset worth keeping, he'll find a place for him on the 53. Not saying Whyte will make the 53, only that I doubt Pace tries to stash him on the PS if he shows impact potential in TC.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Face it, PS players are essentially free agents from a contractual perspective. They can sign with any team at any time, and the team holding their PS contract has no option to match. If Pace decides Whyte is a long term asset worth keeping, he'll find a place for him on the 53. Not saying Whyte will make the 53, only that I doubt Pace tries to stash him on the PS if he shows impact potential in TC.

I posted the exact thing as a two-line summary of what you said on page one. The replies I got were ... odd to say the least.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Another rando draft pick @dabears70 is bullish on, along with literally every other player ever drafted by the bears ever.

They are all headed to the HoF, just you watch!