KC has not really used a pass-catching RB..

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
well eventually Nagy will show how he is better than Andy Reid.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Seeing how we don't have a Hill or a Kelce, we better have pass catching RBs

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
A Billy Madison video to show how smart you are?

That is a shame. But thanks for the [Video] to make us laugh, at you.

I just can’t believe the Bears passed on Peyton Manning when they had the chance!

I’m with you!

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
A real shame.
Can you please answer everyone's questions? Mahomes never won anything? Are you blocking out 2020 as if its never happened? Thats understandable. Maybe you thought he said Watson?

Also i mustve missed when the bears were offered a trade to move up to where Peyton manning was drafted. Please fill me in on the details. Also if you get the chance what were the details of their trade to move up for Eli as well.

Thanks in advance.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
I kept hearing so much about Nagy needing a dual-threat RB that I was really surprised that Montgomery didn't get more receptions last season (25) total. Under the assumption that the KC offense likes to throw it to the running back, I took a look at RB production during Reid's tenure in KC and was surprised.

Other than Reid first season in 2013 when Jamal Charles caught 70 balls for 700 yards, the dual threat RB really hasn't been the offensive focus. In the 6 years following Reid's initial season, the RBs in total are averaging about 60 receptions a season (less than 20% of pass attempts).

They are really just dominating offensively with Kelce and Hill, with Kelce catching more balls alone than all RBs combined and averaging over 1000 yards in all his 6 seasons, and Hill averaging over 1000 yards over his 4 seasons as well.

I am still guessing at what we are trying to be and what we are trying to emulate. Nagy clearly wants to get the RB involved in the passing game, but that hasn't worked with Montgomery despite him showing good hands.

Are we really emulating a great offensive system created by Andy Reid.. or did KC just catch fire in a bottle with Kelce and Hill on the same team?
The chiefs have used rb as a receiving threat when they've had them. Kareem hunt who you are ignoring for some reason was very productive as a receiver. 60 receptions at rb is good in general but especially when you have weapons like Hill and Kelce taking a lot of target share.

Also if you've watched football Reid also had very explosive offenses in Philly. And he used rbs in the passing game when he had them.

I know you wanted this conversation to take off, but there isn't a lot there to discuss. It was built on false narratives.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Also i mustve missed when the bears were offered a trade to move up to where Peyton manning was drafted. Please fill me in on the details. Also if you get the chance what were the details of their trade to move up for Eli as well.

Oh no, this guy is completely messed up.

That's a shame.

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
Does anybody on this forum want to talk football anymore?

I try to start a legitimate thread to talk about our scheme and you fuckers can't resist the Watson/mahomes circle jerk.

Why don't you guys start a sticky thread about players we could have drafted so you can jerk each other off in that thread all day and the 6 of us left on this board that want to discuss Bears football can be left alone.

Don't bother getting yourself worked up. Plenty of better places to discuss football imo. The Bears Reddit page is a bit overly optimistic, but overall has much better content than CCS.

CCS is pretty fun during the season, but I can't view this board more than once a week when there's no football happening. Every other post is off topic.
Does anybody on this forum want to talk football anymore?

I try to start a legitimate thread to talk about our scheme and you fuckers can't resist the Watson/mahomes circle jerk.

Why don't you guys start a sticky thread about players we could have drafted so you can jerk each other off in that thread all day and the 6 of us left on this board that want to discuss Bears football can be left alone.

Don't bother getting yourself worked up. Plenty of better places to discuss football imo. The Bears Reddit page is a bit overly optimistic, but overall has much better content than CCS.

CCS is pretty fun during the season, but I can't view this board more than once a week when there's no football happening. Every other post is off topic, and half the posters turn every conversation into a political debate.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Allen Robingson is better than the best WR on Tennessee.

Mitch is better than Tannehill.

Derrick Henry is better than Montgomery at this point.

Chicago's defense is better than the Titans.

The Titans made a playoff run playing old school football. The Bears missed the playoffs trying to be an offense that the just don't have the personnel to run yet. They still don't this year. If Nagy doesn't change than Mitch should go, Nagy should go, and Pace should go with them.

Pace has done a stellar job on defense, but he hired a coach who needed you to fully devote 90% of your resources to building a specific offense with the personnel he needed.

Pace picked Trubisky who has shown he can play well if the offense is designed around his talents. Pace hired a coach who does the opposite. In fact anything that was successful on offense since 2017 has been completely erased from the offense.

Nagy took a #2 overall pick who showed he could be a probowl alternate and playcalled him into what the national media is calling a bust. He has designed nothing that benefits his young QB or the offense. He deserves to be let go for that alone. But mostly because before he had anything promising going in the passing game he decided to trade Jordan Howard who was the best thing to happen to the Bears offense in a long time.

Mitch needs to go after this season because the Bears have committed to an offense that doesn't fit his style of play at all and won't likely fit him moving forward. Outside of Robinson and now Kmet the Bears have really done Mitch no favors. They traded away his RB, downgraded the offensive line, and signed multiple players as receiving threats who are in the twilight of their careers. Ted Ginn and Jimmy Graham are still solid but its anyones guess if they will mail it in at the first sign that neither Trubisky or Foles can run this offense and that Nagy might be incapable of running the offense he want's.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:

The Titans made a playoff run playing old school football. The Bears missed the playoffs trying to be an offense that the just don't have the personnel to run yet. They still don't this year. If Nagy doesn't change than Mitch should go, Nagy should go, and Pace should go with them.

Pace has done a stellar job on defense, but he hired a coach who needed you to fully devote 90% of your resources to building a specific offense with the personnel he needed.

Pace picked Trubisky who has shown he can play well if the offense is designed around his talents. Pace hired a coach who does the opposite. In fact anything that was successful on offense since 2017 has been completely erased from the offense.

Nagy took a #2 overall pick who showed he could be a probowl alternate and playcalled him into what the national media is calling a bust. He has designed nothing that benefits his young QB or the offense. He deserves to be let go for that alone. But mostly because before he had anything promising going in the passing game he decided to trade Jordan Howard who was the best thing to happen to the Bears offense in a long time.

Mitch needs to go after this season because the Bears have committed to an offense that doesn't fit his style of play at all and won't likely fit him moving forward. Outside of Robinson and now Kmet the Bears have really done Mitch no favors. They traded away his RB, downgraded the offensive line, and signed multiple players as receiving threats who are in the twilight of their careers. Ted Ginn and Jimmy Graham are still solid but its anyones guess if they will mail it in at the first sign that neither Trubisky or Foles can run this offense and that Nagy might be incapable of running the offense he want's.
Mitch is not better than tanehill.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
And what’s the point in bringing it up Tennessee anyway? They have a good offensive line and running back. Chicago doesn’t. Pretty simple answer. It’s like you’re saying the Bears could or should be a Tennessee like team. Okay? Their offensive line sucks and their RB has looked average at best. And you‘re questioning why thy aren’t just Tennessee playing smash mouth football? Henry is a big bruiser who looks like he may be the best RB in the league. Montgomery I’m not even sure is an NFL starter. Their line was big and physical with maulers. One of the better lines in the league. Chicago has a bottom 10 o-line. Why on earth would anybody bring up the Titans? We more resemble a poor mans Chiefs than we do the Titans. Yet somehow they’re just supposed to be this grimy smash mouth team, despite not even having the personnel.

My favorite part is when you say Henry is better than Montgomery “at this point.” lol okay.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Mitch is not better than tanehill.

Last year he wasnt. But overall mitch is more 5alented and has made plays Tannehill never could. Trubisky has a way higher ceiling. Tannehill has shown a way lower floor too.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
And what’s the point in bringing it up Tennessee anyway? They have a good offensive line and running back. Chicago doesn’t. Pretty simple answer. It’s like you’re saying the Bears could or should be a Tennessee like team. Okay? Their offensive line sucks and their RB has looked average at best. And you‘re questioning why thy aren’t just Tennessee playing smash mouth football? Henry is a big bruiser who looks like he may be the best RB in the league. Montgomery I’m not even sure is an NFL starter. Their line was big and physical with maulers. One of the better lines in the league. Chicago has a bottom 10 o-line. Why on earth would anybody bring up the Titans? We more resemble a poor mans Chiefs than we do the Titans. Yet somehow they’re just supposed to be this grimy smash mouth team, despite not even having the personnel.

My favorite part is when you say Henry is better than Montgomery “at this point.” lol okay.

We were like that when Howard was here and we won like that. What im saying is you can easily build offenses like tennessee because your QB isnt the focus the Run game is and the pass game opens up after an easily established run game.

Why commit so many resources to go backwards for 2 years and then only possibly put up average nfl points per game this year. Its really complex to get below average results.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
We were like that when Howard was here and we won like that. What im saying is you can easily build offenses like tennessee because your QB isnt the focus the Run game is and the pass game opens up after an easily established run game.

Why commit so many resources to go backwards for 2 years and then only possibly put up average nfl points per game this year. Its really complex to get below average results.

They won due to the 2018 defense playing at a record pace, lots of turnovers, defensive td's and health going their way. It's hard to duplicate those ball bounces every year but yea. Created a lot of advantageous field position for the offense.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
They won due to the 2018 defense playing at a record pace, lots of turnovers, defensive td's and health going their way. It's hard to duplicate those ball bounces every year but yea. Created a lot of advantageous field position for the offense.

I cant disagree.

I just have to make the point. (Scathe me if you will).

But this is testable in any professional game. Teams that play clock control football create more turnovers. When a team knows you can grind out yards and kill the clock they start to form a specific response with their offense. Especially when they are down a score or two. They start taking big risks, attacking deeper, avoiding the middle of the field, this is predictable behavior in football.

Yes its a bit boring at times, but it helps the defense tremendously by keeping them fresh.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Reid has used RBs a lot throughout the years. Specific to Philly, Duce Staley was always around 50 catches/season, Westbrook actually had a 90 catch season and McCoy was always around 50 catches/season under Reid.

When it comes to KC we have to remember Kelce is consistently a mismatch that would take targets away from any RB. I'd add, when they were runningback by committee West/Ware were over 50 catches and when Hunt was there he had 53 catches in his rookie season (only full season there).

As for Nagy last year Montgomorey and Cohen had 104 combined receptions. A year before that Howard and Cohen had 91.

Last edited:

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
I cant disagree.

I just have to make the point. (Scathe me if you will).

But this is testable in any professional game. Teams that play clock control football create more turnovers. When a team knows you can grind out yards and kill the clock they start to form a specific response with their offense. Especially when they are down a score or two. They start taking big risks, attacking deeper, avoiding the middle of the field, this is predictable behavior in football.

Yes its a bit boring at times, but it helps the defense tremendously by keeping them fresh.

I agree RB wasn't a NEED at the time. They had north / south guy in Howard with scat back Cohen as a nice change of pace.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

At what point do you see Montgomery being better than Henry? my answer is, "Not in this lifetime !!