Kendrick Lamar -vs- Drake Beef

GoDJtop10

Liked Posts:
I didn’t see a music page, so I guess this is the place for this post.

Hip Hop music has always had beefs between artists with legendary diss songs being made. It’s been a while since any of the beefs have caught my interest, but I’m looking forward to this particular war. I will post the songs that kicked everything off below, in chronological order.

This is J. Cole and Drake tossing out subliminal shots to Kendrick Lamar:

Below is Kendrick Lamar responding to subliminal shots from J. Cole and Drake:

Below is J. Cole responding to Kendrick Lamar:

Edit to add new diss songs:

Below is Drake responding to Kendrick Lamar, Metro Boomin, Future, ASAP Rocky, and Rick Ross:

Below is Drake responding to Kendrick Lamar:

Below is Kendrick Lamar responding to Drake:

Below is Kendrick Lamar with his 2nd diss track in a week:

Below is Drake’s response:

Below is Kendrick Lamar’s response:

Yet another Kendrick Lamar response:

Drake’s latest response:

Last edited:

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I didn’t see a music page, so I guess this is the place for this post.

Hip Hop music has always had beefs between artists with legendary diss songs being made. It’s been a while since any of the beefs have caught my interest, but I’m looking forward to this particular war. I will post the songs that kicked everything off below, in chronological order.

This is J. Cole and Drake tossing out subliminal shots to Kendrick Lamar:

Below is Kendrick Lamar responding to subliminal shots from J. Cole and Drake:

Below is J. Cole responding to Kendrick Lamar:

Pusha rekt Drake

GoDJtop10

Liked Posts:
Pusha rekt Drake
That Kanye/Pusha T -vs- Drake feud was cool, as well as the Drake -vs- Meek Mill feud, but the one beginning now is what a lot of Hip Hop fans have been waiting on for a long time.

Hey man, is this the correct forum for this type of post?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
That Kanye/Pusha T -vs- Drake feud was cool, as well as the Drake -vs- Meek Mill feud, but the one beginning now is what a lot of Hip Hop fans have been waiting on for a long time.

Hey man, is this the correct forum for this type of post?
I just post whatever in the Bears forum but mods would probably move this here.

Best beefs lately have been Big Rabbit v anyone though

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
J. Cole already bowed out and apologized for responding lol. Kendrick is untouchable.

GoDJtop10

Liked Posts:
J. Cole already bowed out and apologized for responding lol. Kendrick is untouchable.
I see that they both came out with comments yesterday. J Cole apologized to Kendrick, and Kendrick downplayed everything by blaming the media. I think they’re both soft for this.

Hip Hop is like a sport, so fans look forward to “beef” between artists that turn into historic diss songs being created. Nobody was hoping for a murderous ending like Notorious BIG vs 2 PAC, just a respectable back and forth battle between Kendrick and J. Cole.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
This morning a co-worker was like, "Did you see what Morgan Wallen did?"

And I had to ask who that was. Surprisingly, I know who all three of these guys are.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
This morning a co-worker was like, "Did you see what Morgan Wallen did?"

And I had to ask who that was. Surprisingly, I know who all three of these guys are.
That just reflects your good musical tastes.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I see that they both came out with comments yesterday. J Cole apologized to Kendrick, and Kendrick downplayed everything by blaming the media. I think they’re both soft for this.

Hip Hop is like a sport, so fans look forward to “beef” between artists that turn into historic diss songs being created. Nobody was hoping for a murderous ending like Notorious BIG vs 2 PAC, just a respectable back and forth battle between Kendrick and J. Cole.
wait, fake gansta wannabes are soft and apologize for saying meany words to eachother?!?! im SHOCKED!!

they likely collabed and planned every bit of this for the clicks

GoDJtop10

Liked Posts:
wait, fake gansta wannabes are soft and apologize for saying meany words to eachother?!?! im SHOCKED!!

they likely collabed and planned every bit of this for the clicks
Kendrick Lamar, Drake, and J. Cole are not gangsta rappers and never proclaimed to be. None of them needed to plan any extra attention because all three guys routinely sell tons of records/streams and do very well on tour.

Rap beefs are similar to sports rivals going head to head.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Kendrick Lamar, Drake, and J. Cole are not gangsta rappers and never proclaimed to be. None of them needed to plan any extra attention because all three guys routinely sell tons of records/streams and do very well on tour.

But Pusha literally went from dropping bricks to writing the McDonald's theme!

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

lol mmmmk...now tell me what these rappers rap about? dont they have songs where they rap about shooting, killing, etc?? so they are fake gangsters IMO...just fronting to be something they aint.

and you really dont think rappers, celebrities, athletes, etc plot beefs for publicity?? mmmmk. its not that im saying they arent already famous, but they do things like this to stay relevant

GoDJtop10

Liked Posts:
But Pusha literally went from dropping bricks to writing the McDonald's theme!
I wouldn’t view Pusha in the same way I viewed the 3 I mentioned above that this post was concerning. Pusha supposedly had a street background before linking up with Pharrell Thomas of the Neptunes. That relationship transformed Pusha to a more fashion/business/corporate world that put him in position for the McDonald’s jingle.

GoDJtop10

Liked Posts:
lol mmmmk...now tell me what these rappers rap about? dont they have songs where they rap about shooting, killing, etc?? so they are fake gangsters IMO...just fronting to be something they aint.

and you really dont think rappers, celebrities, athletes, etc plot beefs for publicity?? mmmmk. its not that im saying they arent already famous, but they do things like this to stay relevant
Yes, a ton of rappers do promote violence, but not the three I named. They don’t need a rap beef. They were all doing great prior to the beef.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Yes, a ton of rappers do promote violence, but not the three I named. They don’t need a rap beef. They were all doing great prior to the beef.
I’ll put it to you this way…

Why does Coca Cola still constantly run ads? They are already world famous and known everywhere, so why continue to spend $$ on advertising??

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
This is how I would approach a battle rap with Drake

Drake- "muffucka, I click clack"

Me- "Bitch, I'd come down the stairs and catch my wife watching you play some high school kid in a wheel chair on Nickelodeon"

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
This is how I would approach a battle rap with Drake

Drake- "muffucka, I click clack"

Me- "Bitch, I'd come down the stairs and catch my wife watching you play some high school kid in a wheel chair on Nickelodeon"
no he wouldnt say this cuz he doesnt rap about any violence whatsoever according to a poster here