Kevin White finally healthy

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Seems like a good guy. I wish him the best.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
You said best case scenario twice in this thread relating to white. If you really think we can determine what that is right now, I've got to think you want to cut him. I still want to see what he does because I don't know how much speed/agility he has lost, and I have no idea what the best case scenario for him is.

He was the 7th pick because of the size speed combo. He no longer has the speed, come on, really, read what happened to his leg. Big slow guy = possession receiver. Sorry but that is the best case scenario, that is optimistic.

Posted Mar 24, 2016

Bears general manager Ryan Pace told reporters this week at the NFL owners meetings that receiver Kevin White is “100 percent healthy” and excited to begin the offseason program, which kicks off April 18.

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/chalk-talk/article-1/Is-Kevin-White-100-percent-healthy/8438c18e-a41f-411b-92d4-c578c351ae26

I'm already looking forward to the traditional "Kevin White is 100% healthy" 2018 version.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
At this point I would be happy if White can stay healthy for the whole season and be a 50-60 catch WR. I don't think he has the ability to get behind a secondary until he proves otherwise. He looked like very Roy Wiiamesque in his limited action last season. Saw no burst, explosion, or anything that a game changer possesses.

Old Dirty Curtis

Old Slob
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm a hype guy. I get hyped by every draft pick, FA and UDFA... they can not get me hyped about White and now I'm sad...

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
If they can get anything from Kevin White at this point it would be like finding money you lost.

It would be huge for the offense and the WR core.

The loss of speed thing doesn't bother me as much. He was never a run by you and catch the ball over your shoulder guy. He was always a catch a slant and run by DBs, which is just as much about his size as it is his speed. You can run a 4.5 and make a big play on a slant.

You and I certainly did not watch the same college film on him.

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
It's very very rare that a one-hit, one-year, college player who misses his first 2 years in the NFL with injuries, actually pans out.

I have extremely low expectations for him at this point.

And how many times has that specific scenario played out?

ob1force

Liked Posts:
WR coach Zach Azzanni on Kevin White: https://twitter.com/kfishbain/status/863169370020827136

His past two position coaches probably weren't able to develop him as much as they would have liked because of the injury setback, right? So I get to almost start from square one, to be quite honest with you. Nothing against those guys, they just weren't able to get him out there a lot. Some of the habits that he had, bad habits from college, he probably still has, and I'm able to come in and try to break those habits. It's a fresh start for him in a lot of ways. My man has a new number, he has a new coach, he's healthy. Knock on wood, good things for him right now.

Kevin Fishbain‏ @kfishbain
Kevin White has had 2 surgeries, played in 4 games, had 1 full offseason and 3 position coaches. A reminder of where expectations should be

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Just hope he has some good luck with injuries.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

JeffChrist

Liked Posts:
At this point I would be happy if White can stay healthy for the whole season and be a 50-60 catch WR. I don't think he has the ability to get behind a secondary until he proves otherwise. He looked like very Roy Wiiamesque in his limited action last season. Saw no burst, explosion, or anything that a game changer possesses.

Roy Williams... I couldn't put my finger on it but you're right.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
He played slow last year. He is a top 10 pick and just ran a curl route the correct way this offseason. He was a huge project to take so early in the draft and one of Paces hiccups.

Pace has a nack of taking projects in the top 10.

Old Dirty Curtis

Old Slob
Donator
Liked Posts:
WR coach Zach Azzanni on Kevin White: https://twitter.com/kfishbain/status/863169370020827136

His past two position coaches probably weren't able to develop him as much as they would have liked because of the injury setback, right? So I get to almost start from square one, to be quite honest with you. Nothing against those guys, they just weren't able to get him out there a lot. Some of the habits that he had, bad habits from college, he probably still has, and I'm able to come in and try to break those habits. It's a fresh start for him in a lot of ways. My man has a new number, he has a new coach, he's healthy. Knock on wood, good things for him right now.

Kevin Fishbain‏ @kfishbain
Kevin White has had 2 surgeries, played in 4 games, had 1 full offseason and 3 position coaches. A reminder of where expectations should be
Shit they got me hyped

Space Invader

Dorkchop
Liked Posts:
Before we get all hyped up on his progress this off season we should only be concerned about finding his Maserati..
[video=youtube;VgE7nD-X45Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgE7nD-X45Q[/video]

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You and I certainly did not watch the same college film on him.

He isn't a true deep threat.

He can get deep and make a catch, but I would hardly put that as his greatest strength.

To me you would use him a lot like the Broncos use Demaryus Thomas. Short routes with YAC opportunities and then a couple times a half a deep target on a double move or a deep comeback so he can use his body.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
A lot less times than when a guy misses his first NFL season and never makes it back...

It is almost identical to Demaryus Thomas in terms of time missed and raw ability coming in.

He made 7 starts and missed a ton of time with foot and knee injuries.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
He isn't a true deep threat.

He can get deep and make a catch, but I would hardly put that as his greatest strength.

To me you would use him a lot like the Broncos use Demaryus Thomas. Short routes with YAC opportunities and then a couple times a half a deep target on a double move or a deep comeback so he can use his body.

That's fine. And I have no problem with it if that's the plan for him considering how slow he looked last year (and he looked a lot slower live than on TV).

But, when I watched his college games, he ran a shit-load of 7, 8 and 9 routes... with a few slants sprinkled in. Not the other way around. In fact, that was one of my biggest criticisms of him. His tree was extremely limited and mostly just the "go deep" patterns.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
If they can get anything from Kevin White at this point it would be like finding money you lost.

It would be huge for the offense and the WR core.

The loss of speed thing doesn't bother me as much. He was never a run by you and catch the ball over your shoulder guy. He was always a catch a slant and run by DBs, which is just as much about his size as it is his speed. You can run a 4.5 and make a big play on a slant.

No it wouldn't. They spent the 7th pick in the draft on him when it was pretty unnecessary to do so. That's a ton of "lost money" that would need to be found. I didn't think he would be that good before he actually got hurt. If Pace's guy (Williams) wasn't there, he should've traded out of the spot.