HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah. He gets the blemish of the worst 1st round pick in Bears history probably.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Yeah. He gets the blemish of the worst 1st round pick in Bears history probably.

even worse than Shea McLellin? I mean Shea was a bust because he was bad, White is a bust because he just can't stay healthy

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
even worse than Shea McLellin? I mean Shea was a bust because he was bad, White is a bust because he just can't stay healthy

You're looking at it the wrong way IMO. Worst pick ever goes to value you got out of it. We got jack shit for value out of White because he could never play. We at least got some average to meh production out of Shea before he was gone. Doesn't suddenly make him a good pick. Its just not as bad as White.

pinkfloydster

Liked Posts:
I would also mention, that Pace's first pick was probably the biggest 1st round draft bust in Bears history.

Enis and David Terrell played in more games and had more of an impact.

Can anyone name a worse first round bust? Is there a guy from the 70s I'm not aware of?

Is it possible to play less?

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
I'm not sure Kevin White was going to be good even before the injuries. I had always been skeptical of him based on his lack of fluidity and route running ability.

Having said that, I thought he got a raw deal last year and should have played more over Bellamy. I'm still rooting for him to turn his career around, but being cut from another team is not a good sign for his future.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
If the roster was devoid of talent I would be thirsty for compensatory picks. The roster was just barely built up to the point of being able to capitalize on the compensatory system since we will be losing talent within the next years. To play that system either you're systematically Scrooge McDuck in free agency or drafting well enough afford to lose talent. We just barely are arriving at the table with the latter.

Its fine though. You don't have to see it my way. But its supremely pointless to me to talk about the compensatory system/picks and not in some way shape or form associate the impact of the picks themselves. Whether by trade or player taken. Otherwise why are you even worried about not getting them if the aforementioned has zero to do with it as you say.

I think you're focusing too much on the fact that they're "compensatory" draft picks because they're still draft picks and any draft pick is always valuable especially when a team knows how to draft. This could be a 4th or 5th round picks we're losing which is always big to have but when you're already without your 1st, 3rd and 4th round picks then that makes it even better to have. I know we have two 2nd round picks this year but we're still down two picks in the 2020 draft and if Piniero is on the team for game 5 then we lose our 7th round pick as well. IMO all draft picks are very valuable.

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've been saying for a while now. This guy would be perfect for the XFL. A "name" guy that needs a shot and developmental experience.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If the roster was devoid of talent I would be thirsty for compensatory picks. The roster was just barely built up to the point of being able to capitalize on the compensatory system since we will be losing talent within the next years. To play that system either you're systematically Scrooge McDuck in free agency or drafting well enough afford to lose talent. We just barely are arriving at the table with the latter.

Its fine though. You don't have to see it my way. But its supremely pointless to me to talk about the compensatory system/picks and not in some way shape or form associate the impact of the picks themselves. Whether by trade or player taken. Otherwise why are you even worried about not getting them if the aforementioned has zero to do with it as you say.

Would you be okay with losing a regular 3rd or 4th Rd pick? It's no different. A chance to draft talent or move up with the extra capital.

A team can never have too much young (and affordable talent).

Seems you feel the Bears roster is so stacked we just don't need the extra pick? That's one opinion.

Building a roster so rich that top performers getting overpaid elsewhere and replaced with extra draft picks is exactly how NE has ruled for so long. Not a bad way to do it.

If you spot a $20 bill on the ground and wind blows it into the river you wouldn't at least say "that sucks".

Won't keep anybody up at night but rich or poor, it still kinda sucks. That's all we're saying here it seems. I agree it's not worth freaking about, but is something to build towards like the Pats. Next off season will be interesting.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
He will be picked up by the Texans to help make the supporting cast even worse.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Anoher reason why Ryan Pace is a fucking idiot

PrimeTime

Knowledge Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There was a time you couldn't trade comp picks. Not sure if that ever changed.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bears took Bob Fenimore at 1st overall despite the fact that he barely played in the prior season due to injury. He quit after one year in the NFL.

I am pretty sure Fenimore had better career stats than White but because he was pre-injured and 1-1 I'd call it a worse pick.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I've been saying for a while now. This guy would be perfect for the XFL. A "name" guy that needs a shot and developmental experience.
I was just saying that yesterday

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I would also mention, that Pace's first pick was probably the biggest 1st round draft bust in Bears history.

Enis and David Terrell played in more games and had more of an impact.

Can anyone name a worse first round bust? Is there a guy from the 70s I'm not aware of?
David Terrell, Curtis Enis, Rashaan Slaam and that OL who shot himself all say hello.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Clearly the pick did not result in any production, but I will refrain from lumping a guy who was injured in with healthy guys who flat out sucked.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Cade Mcnown is definitely in the running.

Gabe Carimi too.

Enis at least had a few good games before he got hurt.

And talk about amazing runs of first rounders:
2001-2: David Terrell, Marc Columbo, Michael Haynes, Rex
not to be outdone by 2008-12:
Chris Williams
trade for Cutler
trade for Cutler
Gabe Carimi
Shea McClellin