KEY MATCHUPS TO WATCH in BEARS/JAGS GAME THIS SUNDAY

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
Saw this on 2HM.com

1. WR Alshon Jeffery vs. CB Jalen Ramsey -- Ramsey is quietly developing into an ELITE NFL corner at a rapid rate. He's not an "all over the field" type of CB because of the Jaguar's scheme, but he will be key to stopping one of the NFL's most dangerous big-bodied WR in Jeffery, who when given a chance will come down with the 50/50 jump ball 90% of the time, or at least half. Expect this to be a huge all day slobberknocking battle if Jeffery actually gets targeted. Ramsey is not going to back down from this challenge.

2. CBs Bryce Callahan and Tracy Porter vs. the Allens -- Let's face it, Bryce is not Irish and he is young. Tracy Porter is a vet with a girl's name. But they are doing pretty well without a lot of help from the trenches. Can they stop Allen Robinson and Allen Hurns who both caught TDs against the Colts in week 4? I don't think so. But we will see. Money's on the Allens though. LOCK IT DOWN!

3. Bears OT's vs. Jag's DEs Daunte Fowler JR. and Yannick Ngakoue -- Bears OTs suck. Leno is better than Massie as far as pass protection goes, but they really make their QB whether it's Cutty or Hoyer, nervous. You can literally see Hoyer trying to pull his balls back down into his sack when he leaves the field after a quick 3 and out. Fowler and Ngakoue have been underwhelming so far this season, but they have the potential to become an elite pass rushing tandem, and this game could be what turns the light on for these two. Hoyer is gonna have to get the ball out quick or have a nice pocket to step into if he wants to make it through the entire game. I think he will. BOOK IT.""

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
1. It wont be hard for Ramsey to look good next week, Hoyer has hardly targeted Jeffrey and I dont even remember him throwing a jump ball to any of our receivers so far.

2. Hard to argue with that, Callahan is absolutely not Irish and Tracy does have a girl's name.

3. Surprise of the day will be that our OTs look good next week, as will the rest of the OL when we feed Howard to the tune of 25+ runs for large chunks at a time. I bet the only reason Howard has a run for less than 2 yards on Sunday is because he punches in a pair of one-yard touchdowns.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
The thing about the Jags, is though their record is not great they have a lot of talent and recognizable names. I actually predicted them to be a playoff team with all the potential they have on the roster. Haven't really followed them to know why they haven't put it all together. They are a prime example that even having high draft picks and doing well with your selections doesn't equate to immediate success. Wins are hard to come by in the league and it takes experienced players and a process of development at the NFL to succeed.

All this to say, those that are impatient with our team remember that Pace has only had two drafts and by many pundits has done an excellent job in making good selections. It is going to take time to build an experienced roster, but as long as we are headed in the right direction we there should be nothing to worry about.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
The thing about the Jags, is though their record is not great they have a lot of talent and recognizable names. I actually predicted them to be a playoff team with all the potential they have on the roster. Haven't really followed them to know why they haven't put it all together. They are a prime example that even having high draft picks and doing well with your selections doesn't equate to immediate success. Wins are hard to come by in the league and it takes experienced players and a process of development at the NFL to succeed.

All this to say, those that are impatient with our team remember that Pace has only had two drafts and by many pundits has done an excellent job in making good selections. It is going to take time to build an experienced roster, but as long as we are headed in the right direction we there should be nothing to worry about.

This post started out right but then turned into a bowl of meatballs covered in gravy.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
one more interesting thing from the article...

""The thing is, the Jaguars beat the Colts who just played the Bears and won, even after the jet lag from the trip across the pond. Expect the Jags to be a lock against the Bears, who couldn't even beat a team the Jags just beat, even after a short week and a loss, in a whole different COUNTRY."

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Doesn't that happen to every thread.