Keyshawn and the gang on Fields starting or not

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
That’s not what “the experts” say. They say our offense is complete trash…
Allen Robinson is trash? Darnell Mooney is trash? Montgomery is trash? You should see what Detroit has.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I actually had you in mind which i'm sure many on here did but i'm fine with people being angry with me being right especially about R.Pace.
Too bad you didnt act on it and left the door open for me to walk thru.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
The only thing Keyshawn is wrong about is Love and the Packers. The only reason they go to NFC Championship games is because Rodgers puts the team on his back each year. The Packers without a HoF QB are a mediocre team. The difference with the Bears is that they have had the potential to be a good to great team with above average QB play, but they have never been able to accomplish that.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
Talking out both sides of his mouth there. Mahomes and Brady were not rookies. Roethlisberger did not go to a SB in his rookie year either. How can you use them as reasons to start Fields right away?
Cause like those three QBs you listed, they are the better QBs.

Dalton just went out and tossed three 3 picks in flippin practice vs a bunch of scrubs that likely won't make the team and you're still pushing for that loser to start. The fuck is wrong with you? Seriously.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I've been telling these CCS haters that this offense has all the talent needed to win if they could just get a QB for a couple of years now but they all hated on me for saying it.

So you are agreeing with Keyshawn?
Talking out both sides of his mouth there. Mahomes and Brady were not rookies. Roethlisberger did not go to a SB in his rookie year either. How can you use them as reasons to start Fields right away?

I think he missed what he was implying. He was implying that since Mahomes only started one game his first year that when he did start he was the same as a rookie. So what he’s implying is you don’t actually develop at all sitting on the bench when you start playing is considered by him the rookie year.

And I think a lot of people have been suggesting that you don’t develop much or any sitting on the bench you start developing once you’re on the field. The same could be said for most any other job to.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I've been telling these CCS haters that this offense has all the talent needed to win if they could just get a QB for a couple of years now but they all hated on me for saying it.
Who has said the offense doesn't have talent?

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

The last couple seasons of the team has been loaded with talent, poor play calling, and bad QB play.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So you are agreeing with Keyshawn?

I think he missed what he was implying. He was implying that since Mahomes only started one game his first year that when he did start he was the same as a rookie. So what he’s implying is you don’t actually develop at all sitting on the bench when you start playing is considered by him the rookie year.

And I think a lot of people have been suggesting that you don’t develop much or any sitting on the bench you start developing once you’re on the field. The same could be said for most any other job to.
I get what he said but it's counterintuitive to his argument. That was the point. Plenty of QBs that started right away and failed and plenty that didn't and had success. There is no point there. It's random and they are all individuals. That the very best players this league has seen could acclimate quicker is not a big surprise. Manning set a rookie INT record in his 1st year. It didn't stunt him but I sure don't want that either.

The idea that there's a universal best formula for every prospect is simply misguided.

Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Really; How could they succeed with the way that OL was setup, playing and the QBs? Miller screwing his routes and not getting complete play from an individual TE didn't help. I expect all of those positions to be better this year and if Miller continues to mess up, he'll get replaced by Cohen or Newsome. I really like being able to get Newsome late in the draft. Just hope he's 100% by Sept to return punts.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Cause like those three QBs you listed, they are the better QBs.

Dalton just went out and tossed three 3 picks in flippin practice vs a bunch of scrubs that likely won't make the team and you're still pushing for that loser to start. The fuck is wrong with you? Seriously.
When do we start counting almost picks?

I never pushed for him to not start. I accepted the possibility of him sitting a few games and understand why that would be. LOL at throwing picks in OTAs.

I've said a few times that if Fields looks ready, and in control, he should start. Ready is relative to our eyes as we don't see how they handle shifts etc in live play nor understand what the coaches see. I think the coaches will have a better handle on this than we will and will handle this correctly. I'm just not into insisting that it goes one way or another but do understand what a few weeks of film on D's actually scheming you or OLs playing together can provide.

I know it's impossible for some fans to wait for their new toy.

Last edited:

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
every team has talent you dont make it to the nfl without it but Im excited to see what our skill players do when they dont have the QB play to hide behind . Not all these guys are gonna pop simply because Fields is here but it will be exciting to see who does and is on the squad in 2 seasons

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I get what he said but it's counterintuitive to his argument. That was the point. Plenty of QBs that started right away and failed and plenty that didn't and had success. There is no point there. It's random and they are all individuals. That the very best players this league has seen could acclimate quicker is not a big surprise. Manning set a rookie INT record in his 1st year. It didn't stunt him but I sure don't want that either.

The idea that there's a universal best formula for every prospect is simply misguided.

That’s not the point at all. The point is when a talented rookie quarterback is on a very talented team they have a lot of success early unless entire point. In the Chicago Bears are in that rare situation with a very talented team in a very talented rookie quarterback. It would be a mistake not to start him.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That’s not the point at all. The point is when a talented rookie quarterback is on a very talented team they have a lot of success early unless entire point. In the Chicago Bears are in that rare situation with a very talented team in a very talented rookie quarterback. It would be a mistake not to start him.
But that doesn't really fit Fields situation anyway. How was the O ranked last year? 26 in yards and 22 in points. D? 11 in yards and 14 in points and we benefitted from the Lions and Vikes to make the playoffs. A few games to correct that course may be appropriate, especially when the OL was our biggest point of concern. I'll leave it to the professionals and be OK with whatever the choose.

My argument was that Mahomes and Brady being rookies in their 2nd year as examples is atrocious. Those are exactly the opposite of his contention. Ask yourself who the 3 best QBs in this league are. the truly elite, and when they started. There is no best way to do this and I'll be very happy to watch Fields take the opening snap if deemed ready. We have 3 good QB guys on this staff and I'm happy to defer to their decision.

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This team went 12-4 in 2018. Guys have gotten okder but the D that propelled them is still largely intact and the O is better on paper than 2018.

Not saying they will go 12-4 as other teams are improved since 2018 but point is the team can be a contender quite quickly if Fields is the real deal.