Kid gets Destroyed Too Much or just football?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
No way. I’d imagine 90% of coaches below HS level (and maybe even including many HS ones) don’t have a clue about correct technique, or how to teach it. Even college teams let’s the “elite” kids get by without it, as long as they are bigger, faster, stronger and help the team win (make $$$).
Our HS coaches hated when Youth Football was resurrected in the area because kids got to HS with terrible habits and technique.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Its a drill. Everyone screws up at full speed at times.....

Kids are more resilient than you think. There are certain things I would not let them do. I'd have no problem with a tackling drill.

If you don't like that, don't let your kid play football or sports in general. They are going to get shinned in soccer, hit with a baseball and blown up in football. Its just going to happen.
I think the point is, they may get blown up at some point in a football game, but guaranteeing kids get blown up in practice is just insanely irresponsible. I am sure there will be some who weigh in and act like anyone questioning this are simply not man enough, but NFL players and coaches seeing this are outraged, so....

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is why I want my kids playing football from as early as possible, 5 years old. They need to learn technique before they go full speed. Plus, if they don't like it, it's much safer than big bodies hitting.

I get where you're coming from, but see most of the issues with football as being a lack of technique more than anything. It doesn't need to be as injury-causing as it is, but so many people focus on the physicality without the proper technique.

I see it in wrestling and boxing, too. Forget about MMA. It's about technique not attributes.
I’ve coached youth football it can be a fun sport but all it takes is one asshole coach.

Most Kids this age have no spacial awareness and there reason why this drill in particular is banned in the nfl. Not to mention they’re fucking team mates.

and Kids!

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Fozzie Land, Muppet City, The Former US of A
I dont think the kid in red pants realized he was the attacker.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is why I want my kids playing football from as early as possible, 5 years old. They need to learn technique before they go full speed. Plus, if they don't like it, it's much safer than big bodies hitting.

I get where you're coming from, but see most of the issues with football as being a lack of technique more than anything. It doesn't need to be as injury-causing as it is, but so many people focus on the physicality without the proper technique.

I see it in wrestling and boxing, too. Forget about MMA. It's about technique not attributes.

yeah, I see no problem with a pursuit where if the kid screws up technique, he gets a concussion

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
the worst part about that video is the end where the guy is like "you're good, get up"

what the actual fuck