Kind of tired of the Pace hate

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's too bad OP because I will never get tired of hating on Ryan Pace.

The man literally traded up above himself in a draft. I would've fired him the day after for making my NFL franchise look like it's run by a bunch of chodes that know nothing about professional sports.

I mean I know it really is, but you hired Ryan Pace to disguise that....not highlight it.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's too bad OP because I will never get tired of hating on Ryan Pace.

The man literally traded up above himself in a draft. I would've fired him the day after for making my NFL franchise look like it's run by a bunch of chodes that know nothing about professional sports.

I mean I know it really is, but you hired Ryan Pace to disguise that....not highlight it.

Bust

Liked Posts:
He got lucky that Fields fell and he threw in another first. Fields looked good yesterday but he's got a ways to go to live up to the price tag.

It's the full picture. Got Hicks off the scrap heap and gave him a chance when the Saints and Pats gave up on him. Arob was coming off major knee injury and got him for a bargain. Ogletree this year has been a HUGE FIND. Jaylon Johnson is a straight up lock down corner....those kind of db's are usually top 10 picks.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's the full picture. Got Hicks off the scrap heap and gave him a chance when the Saints and Pats gave up on him. Arob was coming off major knee injury and got him for a bargain. Ogletree this year has been a HUGE FIND. Jaylon Johnson is a straight up lock down corner....those kind of db's are usually top 10 picks.
Mitch Trubisky
Matt Nagy
Adam Shaheen
Teven Jenkins
ZERO playoff wins

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Check out this sweet $43 million:

Eddie Goldman - $7.8M
Nick Foles - $6.6M
Jimmy Graham - $5.3M
Cody Whitehair - $5.2M
Eddie Jackson - $5.1M
Andy Dalton - $5M
Tarik Cohen - $3.2M
Germain Ifedi - $2.75M
Angelo Blackson - $2M

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
congrats you summarized every front office in the nfl.

Have you looked at Bill's drafts over with the Patriots. TALK ABOUT BAD!@!!!!

I wouldn't go that far. If you think of what a GM's job it's a bit different for every team, but in no particular order you'd probably boil it down to drafting players, overall positional spending importance, signing (and resigning) free agents and hiring the coaching staff.

I don't think he's been good in any specific area. He has had some good later picks, but he's also traded away draft capital to miss on picks or bring in a vet (like Mack). Personally I think all teams have some late picks that work out. It's the nature of the business. There's a long list of late round picks that make the probowl or HOF. It's a numbers game and having more picks is always better than having less.

You mention the Pats, but their strengths in other areas (coaching/contracts) help make up for some of their drafting deficiencies. I'd add, the Pats have also been drafting in the back portion of the first round regularly, so despite having more picks, the quality of pick (or draft capital) is less than most teams in the NFL.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Bust: It's the full picture
Also Bust: Only name the good stuff

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Stockholm syndrome describes the psychological condition of a victim who identifies with and empathizes with their captor or abuser and their goals.
...I imagine it will get worse if he fires Nagy at the end of the year. He'll have "earned another chance."

pablovi

Liked Posts:
This. Give him another year to fix the oline and defensive backs. Also, not resigning Allen Robinson is looking like a genius move right now.
Another year? They’ve had the worst Oline since he’s been here! He traded up for Trubisky, he hired and refuses to fire Nagy.

Perspective

Liked Posts:
Looks like Pace nailed it with the Robert Quinn signing - the guy is flat out balling …. Obviously he was injured last year

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Looks like Pace nailed it with the Robert Quinn signing - the guy is flat out balling …. Obviously he was injured last year
A lot of us are eating a little crow right now, but we'll see if it lasts.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Not a fan of Justin Fields?
I don't think being a fan of a player has anything to do about it.

As it stands Justin is a rookie and is not a finished product, so it's hard to know what he'll end up being. He could be the next Mahomes or the next Mitch. Getting excited about his potential is natural, but let's not call that a GM win yet. All I'll say is based on the early returns it doesn't seem like he fucked up the selection.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Mitch Trubisky
Matt Nagy
Adam Shaheen
Teven Jenkins
ZERO playoff wins
There are other names to attach to that, wont write off Jenkins....yet.

Kevin White, McPhee(signed him with a bum knee), Floyd, Miller, and plenty of others. Dont forget Langford!

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think being a fan of a player has anything to do about it.

As it stands Justin is a rookie and is not a finished product, so it's hard to know what he'll end up being. He could be the next Mahomes or the next Mitch. Getting excited about his potential is natural, but let's not call that a GM win yet. All I'll say is based on the early returns it doesn't seem like he fucked up the selection.
Yeah, you really got to hold off until the late part of the year. He had a couple of deep dimes yesterday that gave me a lot of hope, but it's one game against the Lions.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:

He's been good this year, but let's not forget he's also 31 years old. That mean Pace gave a 30 year old player a 5 year, $70M deal ($30M guaranteed). This happened while he letting Leonard Floyd walk for less money.

I know you guys were done with Floyd, but he's just been a better player in 2020 and despite not being as good has held his own this season.

Last edited:

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
There are other names to attach to that, wont write off Jenkins....yet.

Kevin White, McPhee(signed him with a bum knee), Floyd, Miller, and plenty of others. Dont forget Langford!
With Jenkins it's the move, not the player.

Trading up for a pre-injured player when you need him to switch positions and start immediately.

That's already confirmed as dumb. Next year does not absolve it for me.