Kiper Jr. just reshuffled his QB's - Daniels now #2 with Maye #3

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:

Kiper Jr. - love him or hate him - I think there is something to this. I feel that Maye is vastly overrated -- lacks accuracy, high turnovers and failure to elevate his team.... versus Daniels who had been somewhat underrated -- with elevation of team argument being the only knock against him.

Maye is now the 5th best prospect on the board.

The question becomes, as we go thru the silly season and eventually get an up-close look at these guys... does Daniels rise to #1?

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
There is no chance Daniels is jumping Williams. The only possibility is Maye jumping Daniels after the pre draft process plays out. There is also a possibility that one of those tier 2 guys like Penix or McCarthy kill it in the pre draft process and jump into that first tier. That’s what happened with Anthony Richardson last year. McCarthy, Penix and Nix lack the eye popping physical traits that Richardson showed. So it’s less of a chance they shoot up boards. It’s possible though. If they impress in interviews and show crazy arm talent it could happen. Williams is cemented with #1 overall.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
There is no chance Daniels is jumping Williams. The only possibility is Maye jumping Daniels after the pre draft process plays out. There is also a possibility that one of those tier 2 guys like Penix or McCarthy kill it in the pre draft process and jump into that first tier. That’s what happened with Anthony Richardson last year. McCarthy, Penix and Nix lack the eye popping physical traits that Richardson showed. So it’s less of a chance they shoot up boards. It’s possible though. If they impress in interviews and show crazy arm talent it could happen. Williams is cemented with #1 overall.
It's Kiper. Who cares what he does for clicks. Plenty of time to correct and claim he got it right.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Kiper Jr. - love him or hate him - I think there is something to this. I feel that Maye is vastly overrated -- lacks accuracy, high turnovers and failure to elevate his team.... versus Daniels who had been somewhat underrated -- with elevation of team argument being the only knock against him.

The question becomes, as we go thru the silly season and eventually get an up-close look at these guys... does Daniels rise to #1?
How does vastly over rated relate to being the #5 best overall prospect on his board, LOL. since when does vastly = 3 slots?

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

You don't know what you're talking about. Maye had the lowest percentage of turnover worthy throws between Williams and Daniels. Had a higher accuracy percentage lower sack percentage and was more accurate from a clean pocket and took less time to throw aka getting the ball out quicker.

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
So the Maye crowd will trade down from 1 to get MHJr and take Maye 9th overall

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
You don't know what you're talking about. Maye had the lowest percentage of turnover worthy throws between Williams and Daniels. Had a higher accuracy percentage lower sack percentage and was more accurate from a clean pocket and took less time to throw aka getting the ball out quicker.
So Maye is a bust?

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Has Mel Kiper ever interviewed a prospective rookie as part of an NFL team?

If not, then I do wonder why anyone should care which QB he thinks is second best of the draft.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:

No he won't get to #1 and before the draft Mel will have scuffled his list 20 more times, got to cover all those bases.

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:
Daniels may not have elevated his team just like Maye did not… but the difference is one played in the SEC with a coach on the hot seat, while the other played in the gettable ACC that fielded a bunch of cupcakes this past season.

I think once scouts and GM’s see these guys spin it, don’t be surprised if Daniels elevates to #1. He is taller, faster and is just as accurate as Caleb.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts: