Kirby Dach Insane Pass

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I totally agree with your assessment, It just bothers me as a sports fan when people start crowning players that haven’t really achieved anything in particular. Toews is a first ballad hall of famer, 3 time cup champ, conn smith champ, Olympic champ, junior champ and that’s the tip of the iceberg. I am hoping as a fan that Dach can achieve even half of what Toews has achieved in his career that is far from over. I don’t need to hear this 2.0 nonsense. Toews is an elite talent that can’t be compared to, his intangibles are only met by a few, his leadership skills can’t be matched and his professionalism is unparalleled. Those are heavy skates to fill, just let Dach take his course and see what happens.
I think it's fair to say we both see the potential in Dach's game,size,skating ability,good work ethic and hockey IQ suggest a promising future. What we both also seem to see is the "heir apparent" title already put on a teenager with 8 career regular season goals and a 33% FO stat being a heavy load to bare.
I don't know how many times I saw Dach attempt to stick handle through three guys to no avail but he has to try that move if he's ever gonna do this.....
I know JT had the advantage of a NCAA season when he entered the league @19 but his first two years worth of stats on a mediocre team yet to add Hossa were outstanding.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Good question.

Do I see this from Dach next year? No

But, I see Dachs developing into a second line center blocked by Strome because that's all Strome is at this point.

Do the Hawks go with a fully sheltered second line? Or do they develop Dach with Kane on his wing who is the shooter Dach could use and your not too worried about sheltering him because Dach is already above average defensively?

Strome has his pluses, he does, but there only in one zone. If your gonna line up a bumslayer line again with Cat, Kane and Strome, they really gotta produce the same way the Panarin/Kane line did to be worth it for Dach to be kicked down to a different role and playing on a line without a finisher.

That's just my opinion. I have no idea what JC has in store outside of his tenure as the Hogs coach where he played a forechecking style and the pond hockey coach he's been in the NHL.
I agree completely. The biggest problem with Strome might be he is too small and a bad skater to where he is a poor fit with Cat defensively for any line, even with Kane it has repercussions and they are unable to create an entire type of chance through grit and forecheck that Kane would be able to feed off of otherwise.

Dach might solve that problem for Cat/Kane....so it must be looked at regardless.

But then again if Dach is going to have explosive offensive growth, add strength and be a defensive monster with length, and a head hunter checking...

then he is going to basically be an all-star and you should just let him play with the American GOAT since you have a defensive center in Toews.

I mean...maybe its not even Strome we are talking about here. Maybe its Toews who gets pushed into a third line checking role. lol...but seriously. That time might be only 18 months away or something, to where Dach has to be placed on the top 6.

That time might arrive early. And if Strome could take a step, Toews belongs so easily on the defensive line. It will be tempting sooner than later.

Maybe somebody should send Cat a book on fellatio tricks to help convince Strome to come back.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think it's fair to say we both see the potential in Dach's game,size,skating ability,good work ethic and hockey IQ suggest a promising future. What we both also seem to see is the "heir apparent" title already put on a teenager with 8 career regular season goals and a 33% FO stat being a heavy load to bare.
I don't know how many times I saw Dach attempt to stick handle through three guys to no avail but he has to try that move if he's ever gonna do this.....
I know JT had the advantage of a NCAA season when he entered the league @19 but his first two years worth of stats on a mediocre team yet to add Hossa were outstanding.

"Physical" maturity is another factor to consider. Its much easier for a little guy like Toews to turn 20 with full coordination and solid leverage in their core muscles.

Dach is huge, and you have to give big guys an extra 2-3 years just to learn how to use their body without getting hurt. You can tell how green he is physically by how flexible and floppy he is. That kid is going to fill out in the 220-240 range fit.

I'm in the don't rush him camp...resist the temptation and probably hide Cat with Toews and either Suter or Kubalik. Build a checking line around Dach for now. Probably by the time Dach develops Strome will be gone.

Its seems like the plan and a good plan. Strome is just a placeholder and already moved when convenient. Dach is just too good to hold back.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I maintain you worry far more about the Nylanders of the world in a cancelled season than you do about Dach.

Dach is going to find his way around hockey and keep developing. He is developing physically and in using his coordination even when he isn't around hockey.

Knocking balls off a garage might not be ideal, but it maintains stick accuracy and develops his hand high and reactions. At 19 its more important just to maximize his hand high development, it doesn't have to be hockey specific, imo.

As an elite athlete and trainer who competed at high levels in multiple sports, and taller than Dach. I do know something about big guys and their training.

How is Dach being stunted? He is playing right now? And you can expect the league will share your concerns and create a bubble for young people to practice or something like that.

The Chicago facilities would be great to host the youngest quarter of the league for a couple months.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
I think Strome would have to be insane to look for D-Cat type money,2.5-3M for 2 or 3 years should do but the team might not even be offering that. D-Cat has 87gls/173pts in his first 234gms and that woulda been even higher if JC didn't figure a way to suppress his young sniper's game.
I can't think of any other reason why he hasn't signed.

There were rumors last year he was on the trading block at a give away price. I really think he wants Cat type money and they're waiting to see if Seabrook is gonna play or sit the whole season....

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
"Physical" maturity is another factor to consider. Its much easier for a little guy like Toews to turn 20 with full coordination and solid leverage in their core muscles.

Dach is huge, and you have to give big guys an extra 2-3 years just to learn how to use their body without getting hurt. You can tell how green he is physically by how flexible and floppy he is. That kid is going to fill out in the 220-240 range fit.

I'm in the don't rush him camp...resist the temptation and probably hide Cat with Toews and either Suter or Kubalik. Build a checking line around Dach for now. Probably by the time Dach develops Strome will be gone.

Its seems like the plan and a good plan. Strome is just a placeholder and already moved when convenient. Dach is just too good to hold back.
6'3",200lb Strome is too small and 6'2",201lb Toews is a little guy? Dach is listed at 6'4" 200lbs and will indeed fill out @19 but adding 40lbs to that frame could adversely affect speed and quickness........he'll probably top out around 220lbs and that's fine.......he'll be a GIANT here.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I can't think of any other reason why he hasn't signed.

There were rumors last year he was on the trading block at a give away price. I really think he wants Cat type money and they're waiting to see if Seabrook is gonna play or sit the whole season....
Neither one of us knows what his camp is looking for but if he wants D-Cat $$$,him and his camp are both delusional IMO.
Quite a few RFA's have signed right before camp the last few years so I don't see a problem and I predict we'll see something around 2.5-3M for 1-3 years or we see him moved. The flat cap will affect these young RFA's as much or more than veteran UFA's and I believe his agent knows this.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
6'3",200lb Strome is too small and 6'2",201lb Toews is a little guy? Dach is listed at 6'4" 200lbs and will indeed fill out @19 but adding 40lbs to that frame could adversely affect speed and quickness........he'll probably top out around 220lbs and that's fine.......he'll be a GIANT here.
Strome is a little bitch on the ice. He isn't quick or strong.

Toews always played above his weight.

Dach is a 200lb skeleton. lol. He's a fucking big man. Strome is not.

Granada

Liked Posts:
If Strome isn't in the top-six, he's useless. He is not a 3LC, as his two-way game really is nothing special; and in reality, he really hasn't bee good here, other than that initial hot streak when he was traded from Arizona, which is typical when a player is traded initially. I disagree with Bowman on a lot of things, but I'm fine with him refusing to bend over backwards to sign this guy. If Strome wants to play hardball, he's an idiot.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I agree completely. The biggest problem with Strome might be he is too small and a bad skater to where he is a poor fit with Cat defensively for any line, even with Kane it has repercussions and they are unable to create an entire type of chance through grit and forecheck that Kane would be able to feed off of otherwise.

Dach might solve that problem for Cat/Kane....so it must be looked at regardless.

But then again if Dach is going to have explosive offensive growth, add strength and be a defensive monster with length, and a head hunter checking...

then he is going to basically be an all-star and you should just let him play with the American GOAT since you have a defensive center in Toews.

I mean...maybe its not even Strome we are talking about here. Maybe its Toews who gets pushed into a third line checking role. lol...but seriously. That time might be only 18 months away or something, to where Dach has to be placed on the top 6.

That time might arrive early. And if Strome could take a step, Toews belongs so easily on the defensive line. It will be tempting sooner than later.

Maybe somebody should send Cat a book on fellatio tricks to help convince Strome to come back.
Do you really see Toews as a defensive center who gets pushed to the 3rd line? Toews is the team's 2nd leading scorer every year (with the exception of the 2 Panarin was here)and only a year removed from his best offensive season ever.
Dach has been very good defensively and strong on loose pucks but you have to be kidding about the head hunter/checker part.....that shit don't happen here. I know the kid played @18 but he absorbed a lot more hits than he threw and some push back against Tkachuk when he took liberties on a late hit woulda been welcome too but maybe not by the staff.
Dach's an All Star and JT's in a shut-down role? In five years maybe!
There's NOTHING Dach does better OR as good as Toews at this point and there might not be for years.......who takes the draws on a Dach/Kane/D-Cat line?

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Strome is a little bitch on the ice. He isn't quick or strong.

Toews always played above his weight.

Dach is a 200lb skeleton. lol. He's a fucking big man. Strome is not.
It's a team full of little bitches.......name someone other than the new Russian D-man who'll stick up for a team mate.
Dach did a pretty good bitch impersonation himself when Tkachuk ran him late with ZERO response.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If Strome isn't in the top-six, he's useless. He is not a 3LC, as his two-way game really is nothing special; and in reality, he really hasn't bee good here, other than that initial hot streak when he was traded from Arizona, which is typical when a player is traded initially. I disagree with Bowman on a lot of things, but I'm fine with him refusing to bend over backwards to sign this guy. If Strome wants to play hardball, he's an idiot.
I'd like to see a 2.5M deal for a year or two just to let Dach settle into the league a bit more.....if he wants over 3M,I move him.
Dach won 33% of his draws against opposing 3LC's last year and that went down to 30% against better centers in the PO's......a 2LC role would see him get slaughtered at the dot.

Granada

Liked Posts:
I'd like to see a 2.5M deal for a year or two just to let Dach settle into the league a bit more.....if he wants over 3M,I move him.
Dach won 33% of his draws against opposing 3LC's last year and that went down to 30% against better centers in the PO's......a 2LC role would see him get slaughtered at the dot.

The problem though is, Strome really isn't much better at face-offs anyway. I'd be fine with him at that price and term, but then again, if one of the main reasons we are keeping him is because of face-offs, we really don't need him. Seems like Wallmark is the best option at the dot without Strome.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
This team does not need Strome, let the kids play and develop. In case people missed it, the Hawks are in rebuild mode. I keep reading posters talk about hiding Dach on the third line, but then I read other posters anointing Dach as a second coming of Toews, My point is let Strome walk put Dach as the second line centermen and see how it rounds out. Its fair to say this team is going nowhere this season so let’s see what they can do and save that Strome money for a future goalie which the Hawks will realize they will need following this season.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
It's a team full of little bitches.......name someone other than the new Russian D-man who'll stick up for a team mate.
Dach did a pretty good bitch impersonation himself when Tkachuk ran him late with ZERO response.
I remember that game Bob, to be honest, Dach most likely would of been embarrassed by Tkachuk if he attempted any physical retaliation. Hopefully he remembers that moment and pays him back in the future.

KBIB

Liked Posts:
The problem though is, Strome really isn't much better at face-offs anyway. I'd be fine with him at that price and term, but then again, if one of the main reasons we are keeping him is because of face-offs, we really don't need him. Seems like Wallmark is the best option at the dot without Strome.
Wasn't Strome like 50% on the dot right after the trade? He was pretty dependable for a minute, this much I remember...

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
I would be ok with Wallmark, it’s not like it’s going to make a huge difference overall. The central is stacked, The Hawks will be battling the Wild for last place,
I want to be honest, I do not dislike Strome, I just feel with or without him in the lineup doesn’t change the team overall, they will be basement dwellers for years to come, so I would rather go in house get the cap in order, see what the kids can do and be prepared in 3-4 years to start competing for a playoff spot.

KBIB

Liked Posts:
This team does not need Strome, let the kids play and develop. In case people missed it, the Hawks are in rebuild mode. I keep reading posters talk about hiding Dach on the third line, but then I read other posters anointing Dach as a second coming of Toews, My point is let Strome walk put Dach as the second line centermen and see how it rounds out. Its fair to say this team is going nowhere this season so let’s see what they can do and save that Strome money for a future goalie which the Hawks will realize they will need following this season.
Following the season?

I'm thinking three games in??

Granada

Liked Posts:
Wasn't Strome like 50% on the dot right after the trade? He was pretty dependable for a minute, this much I remember...

Can't remember exactly, but that sounds right.