Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Now I may just be completely insane here, but I think Hinrich has a legit shot at winning the 6th man of the year award this year. Barring any injury catastrophe, he should have a good season this year IMO. He is clearly the best backup PG in the league (yes he is better than Steve Blake) and I think he might be the best 6th man because of the amount of playing time he is going to get. Looking at the Bulls's guard situation, you can see where I'm coming from on this: Rose, Salmons, Hinrich, Pargo, Hunter. Obviously Rose and Salmons will start, and I think that Hinrich is still going to get a lot of minutes at both guard positions because of the types of lineups that Vinny puts out there. Hinrich will also be able to look for his shot more coming off the bench, leading to higher point totals and the like. Now some of you may be thinking "BUT HINRICH SUCKS ON OFFENSE!" to which I must tell you, this is simply not the case. Now I agree that he is definitely nowhere near the best finish on the planet, but he's a pretty good outside shooter. He's no Ben Gordon, but he still shot 40% from 3 last year and is 2nd in 3's made for a Bull behind Ben Gordon with I believe 707 career makes (bet some of you didn't know that).

Again I might be a bit crazy and be drinking some sorta spiked Kirk Hinrich preseason Kool-Aid (48% from the field and 59% from 3? what?) and I might be totally off base here, but I think it's a definite possibility.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Ginobli, BG and Terry will all have better numbers than him and Marion will probably have a bigger impact. Kirk isn't getting a sixth man of the year trophy.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think Marion will start for Dallas. I think eventually BG is going to start for the Pistons, eliminating him from eligability, but otherwise I think he could beat Kirk on the strength of his scoring average (though Hinrich will probably beat him in most other stats). Ginobili, if he stays healthy definitely poses a threat, but that Spurs team is very loaded and he might not have to do as much which will impact his numbers. Just my opinion, again I could be quite crazy.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
I think Gordon wins it if he comes off the bench, but I'm not going to believe that Detroit paid him all that money only to have him come off the bench. That would be beyond dumb.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
JR Smith, Outlaw, Nate Robinson, the Jet, Ginobili, that's just a few of the better 6th men in the NBA coming into this season. I think Kirk will improve on his 10ppg & 4apg of last year but he's not going to be scoring 15+ coming off the bench. I could see 12-13ppg & 5apg. Enough possibly for consideration if he has a really solid defensive year, but guys like Robinson, Terry, & Ginobili are still on a higher plane than him.

Fred

Liked Posts:
6th man? Kirk's been paid more by the organization than any other Bull currently on the roster over the past 3 years. Shouldn't we expect 1st team All-Defense, and him challenging for the Defensive player of the year award? Heck, what about the MVP?

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
We should expect Hinrich to be one of the best all around players on the team, as he has done the past 5 years when healthy.

Again, after watching the playoffs, there were two guys that had anything to grab on to in the legendarily competitive but bad Celtics playoff series. Kirk was the most consistently effective wing player on both sides of the court during the course of that series and Noah was the most consistent and effective in the frontcourt. Shouldn't be a shock to expect Hinrich to have a decent year this year.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Fred wrote:
6th man? Kirk's been paid more by the organization than any other Bull currently on the roster over the past 3 years. Shouldn't we expect 1st team All-Defense, and him challenging for the Defensive player of the year award? Heck, what about the MVP?
Luol Deng?