Kizer Finally Getting Some Love

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
To me, you need more than 1 good year in college. That's why I like Watson the most of the 3. Atleast with Tribs, his one good year was the most recent. Kizer makes me the most nervous because he had one good year but declined. Yes, there were other factors, but to be a top pick, I would want that player to show the ability to overcome some things out of their control.

I don't think you have been paying attention to which games you are watching.. Kizer's play did not decline, he team did! If anyone's game declined it was Watson, he is still making the same bone head mistakes and showing that really just cant process the game. If Kizer or Trubisky played on Clemson not only do they win the bowl game, but they would be the favorites to win.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I was listening to Kiper on espn 1000 the other week and he said there were questions about his work ethic,

:aj:

That's hilarious. Seriously.

I'll repeat this: as a 19 year old in June of 2015 Kizer seriously considered giving up football to go back to baseball. Between that time and the end of the 2015 season he became a 1st round NFL draft prospect ...and he did this with a poor work ethic?

Kiper is fucking clueless on this one.

cobra302

Liked Posts:
Would love to see the Bears draft Kizer, but then I'm a ND homer. But he did lose a lot of the quality talent that was around him in 2015. And the 2016 defense put him in some tough situations. They couldn't get off the field. And I saw almost all of their games, same story pretty much every week.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Watch the games! BF51 broke down 2 games. His accuracy and ball placement was not good. Go dig up those threads for specific throws if you want to hear them again.

Please cite specifics of issues you have seen.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Please cite specifics of issues you have seen.

There will be simple quick hitters where the receiver would be open no more than 10 yards from the LOS and he would dirt the throw, or put it in locations where the receiver could not catch and run. I saw this time and time again last year. There would be other times where his accuracy was terrible when he was under pressure. Like overthrow a guy by 10 yards.

When you say specific, do you want opponent, time of game, weather conditions, etc?

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
There will be simple quick hitters where the receiver would be open no more than 10 yards from the LOS and he would dirt the throw
What games or passes did these happen in. Please cite.

Thanks!

When you say specific, do you want opponent, time of game, weather conditions, etc?

Yep. Because from your description above I know you have zero idea what you're talking about.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
:aj:

That's hilarious. Seriously.

I'll repeat this: as a 19 year old in June of 2015 Kizer seriously considered giving up football to go back to baseball. Between that time and the end of the 2015 season he became a 1st round NFL draft prospect ...and he did this with a poor work ethic?

Kiper is fucking clueless on this one.

In college you can take a huge step on talent an familiarity alone (knowing the playbook Better) and it's entirely possible for people to work hard then coast For example when a FA is about to hit the open market they always seems to step their game up.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don't think you have been paying attention to which games you are watching.. Kizer's play did not decline, he team did! If anyone's game declined it was Watson, he is still making the same bone head mistakes and showing that really just cant process the game. If Kizer or Trubisky played on Clemson not only do they win the bowl game, but they would be the favorites to win.

lol

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
In college you can take a huge step on talent an familiarity alone (knowing the playbook Better) and it's entirely possible for people to work hard then coast For example when a FA is about to hit the open market they always seems to step their game up.

Ok?....this has what to do with Kizer?

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
What games or passes did these happen in. Please cite.

Thanks!

Yep. Because from your description above I know you have zero idea what you're talking about.

First half of MSU game, entire Stanford game, entire NC State game (although I give him a pass because of the conditions). Those had the most bad plays, but pretty much every one had a few. No one is going to remember the exact moments.

I would like to know how many people with insider information to the NFL are reporting that Kizer currently is a top QB that is likely to go in the top 10. From what I have read, most have him lower than both Watson and Trubisky. And that is even with Kizer having the best measurables of the 3.