Kyle Fuller: Best CB in the NFL over the past three weeks

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
He is good when he is going downhill, I think that is where the nickle/safety comments came.

He doesn't always seem to be in the right place on the play, and over the last two weeks there have been at least 4 or 5 times when the receiver dropped a wide open ball under his coverage.

Plus, what Xer0 said about turning his damn head around and locating the ball on the down the field plays.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Fuller has played better but he's no pro-bowler. But at least its good to see he can be involved in future plans.
Porter has played well but he's always been an injury prone guy. Besides Amos, there isn't much future upside in the secondary.

OnemanWolfpack

Liked Posts:
Second year player in his second defensive system. He has the skill set to be really good. Nice to see the positive stats but he hasn`t really faced any top notch WR or QBs other than Rivers in the past three weeks. Hopefully he continues trending upwards.

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
Am I in a bizarro world right now? The top two topics on this board right now is "Cutler is outplaying Rodgers" and "Fuller is best CB in the NFL." Holy crap, two threads I'd never thought I'd see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I want to believe but my eyes tell me otherwise. When he has his back to the QB he looks lost and flailing in coverage. I do think he has looked good when the play is in front of him and he can read the QB. I think this stat could be a little misleading due to the competition we have faced, whether shitty QB or decimated WR staff, the last 3 weeks. Let's see how he fares against GB in 2 weeks before we toot his horn.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Larsonite

Guacamole Taco
Liked Posts:
Give our secondary a pass rush and the shorter field passing attack will play to Fuller's strengths.

I think the criticism of Fuller was warranted early this year but he has not been picked on of late. He also hasn't faced any great wr's of late either aside from an aging Megatron. Let's see how he does next week vs Thomas before we get all gushy.

Sent from a spaghetti monster circling the earth

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Should be obvious to anyone watching that Fuller came in groomed and ready to play zone at a very high level for a rookie.

What we have been watching is him learning to play a trailing technique. Going back to last year, it was very obvious he is absolutely raw in this aspect of his game. I have no idea why people have had zero patience with him learning a whole new skill set.

Who knows how it will turn out. But for fucks sake, there is no way to tell this soon into the process.

Larsonite

Guacamole Taco
Liked Posts:
Should be obvious to anyone watching that Fuller came in groomed and ready to play zone at a very high level for a rookie.

What we have been watching is him learning to play a trailing technique. Going back to last year, it was very obvious he is absolutely raw in this aspect of his game. I have no idea why people have had zero patience with him learning a whole new skill set.

Who knows how it will turn out. But for fucks sake, there is no way to tell this soon into the process.
I think the issue was simply anticipating the ball and turning his head around. Some of his worst plays were pass interference penalties caused by this. I also think there was some issues reported about his aditude and some lack of confidence.

I'd like to see him targeted and make plays. It's nice that he hasn't been targeted as it says somethings about how he's playing but making plays when you're targeted is the next step I'd like to see.

Larsonite

Guacamole Taco
Liked Posts:
Biff and I were both very vocal about how good Fuller could be at the start the season but I don't think it's quite the time to hand out #calledit just yet.

I thought he was the best cb in his draft and I'm pretty sure Biff said the same. It's funny how Gilbert and Dennard were raked higher than Fuller and Verrett but that's what happens when combine and college hype cloud scouts judgments.

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
And look, right when our d-line started creating pressure too. Maybe there's a link between CB play and quarterback pressure?