Kyle Long comeback? "I'd wait for a new staff."

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:

If you go thru the full thread of tweets, some fans were asking if he'd consider coming back. He said he missed football, but in clear transparency, he didn't retire as much as he got fired. He also alluded that if he did come back, he would wait for a new regime.

Given that a lot of us really question Trestman Nagy's ability to cultivate a run game or blocking scheme...is a tweet like this a bit of an indictment that the coaching is piss poor, or is Kyle just blowing off steam because he got canned?

msadows

Liked Posts:

If you go thru the full thread of tweets, some fans were asking if he'd consider coming back. He said he missed football, but in clear transparency, he didn't retire as much as he got fired. He also alluded that if he did come back, he would wait for a new regime.

Given that a lot of us really question Trestman Nagy's ability to cultivate a run game or blocking scheme...is a tweet like this a bit of an indictment that the coaching is piss poor, or is Kyle just blowing off steam because he got canned?

Yea, lets not overthink it.

He got fired. No one wants to go back to the guy who fired you.

In his current state he is a walking liability on the field.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Breaking News - Kyle Long suffered a broken thumb while throwing shade at Bears on twitter. He is expected to be out 3-5 months.

P.S. Nagy's OL is still a disaster until proven otherwise on the field.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know a lot of ppl don't care for Long, but a lot of ppl are seeing red flags with Nagy too.

Obviously, no one is seriously considering him coming back, but this is the first time someone who was with the team has said something critical of the staff.

1. As usual, he coulda said nothing, or glossed it over.
2. With this little dig at Nagy, he's implying that a regime change would happen soon enough where he'd still be young enough to come back...lol.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
If the "regime" fired him, isn't it obvious it would have to be "a different regime" for him to return?

This is Teddy level reading between the lines.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
The guys body just can’t hold up. I don’t see what a new staff would do for him exactly. But this isn’t me defending the naggy shit show that was in full view once he got more of “his” guys on the roster

Exactly. Long has not had double digit starts in the last 4 years. It was time for him and the Bears to part ways. His body is a wreck.

msadows

Liked Posts:
If the "regime" fired him, isn't it obvious it would have to be "a different regime" for him to return?

This is Teddy level reading between the lines.

Seriously....I imagine anyone would hold a bit of a grudge against an employer that fired you, even if it was warranted due to performance.

Kyle sucked. That doesn't mean the bears oline coaching staff didn't as well, but kyles decline had nothing to do with them.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Let's see which different front office i can convince to extract a contract from, before I wind up finishing the year on IR kinda Kyle Long comeback

Bearsgonewild

Liked Posts:
As much as we are hearing that Mitch is really studying and getting to know the passing game, shouldn’t we be hearing that Nagy Is doing the same to understand and master the run game?

So as not to be clueless?
Coaches must learn and adapt too.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I know a lot of ppl don't care for Long, but a lot of ppl are seeing red flags with Nagy too.

Obviously, no one is seriously considering him coming back, but this is the first time someone who was with the team has said something critical of the staff.

1. As usual, he coulda said nothing, or glossed it over.
2. With this little dig at Nagy, he's implying that a regime change would happen soon enough where he'd still be young enough to come back...lol.

Didn't the Jets contact him like a week or so ago to see if he wanted to come play for them?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Long cam say what he likes but he was so bad the last 2 years that it was embarrassing. Coward was better. and is back on the bench where he belongs. Thought Long was great before the injuries but the team was absolutely justified in moving on.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Didn't the Jets contact him like a week or so ago to see if he wanted to come play for them?
He about 100 lbs below his playing weight.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Long cam say what he likes but he was so bad the last 2 years that it was embarrassing. Coward was better. and is back on the bench where he belongs. Thought Long was great before the injuries but the team was absolutely justified in moving on.

I'd like to point out that it's not a question of if Long can play again.

I find it interesting that a vet player, when asked the completely hypothetical, "Would you come back?" He said, "I'd wait for a new staff."

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'd like to point out that it's not a question of if Long can play again.

I find it interesting that a vet player, when asked the completely hypothetical, "Would you come back?" He said, "I'd wait for a new staff."
That's burning both sides of a candle. I think it's a big part of it. If he felt he could still play and they forced him to retire as you, yourself said in the OP, of course he's not coming back with this staff nor will he be that happy with them.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:

there were probably some resentment and bridges burned when he got let go / retired. No different than average Joe unwilling to work for same company after a few years knowing the same bosses are still there.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Proves Ryan Pace is a fucking idiot

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Breaking News - Kyle Long suffered a broken thumb while throwing shade at Bears on twitter. He is expected to be out 3-5 months.

P.S. Nagy's OL is still a disaster until proven otherwise on the field.

But a skinny ass Shrimpy Leg Long wouldn't make the line better.

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans