Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
He already went on IR, but is technically eligible to return for our last game of the regular season

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
6-8 weeks on Halloween. Should be back in time for playoffs.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
He will be back for the last 5 games of the year.

redgrange19

Eater of Ham
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Witzmann had a decent/solid game against the Rams, but if Long is ready to go he would be an upgrade.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
At a minimum he can be back for week 17.......

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Larry Mayer

@LarryMayer
Nagy on Kyle Long recovering from foot injury: "He's coming along good. He's out of his boot. Could be a possibility [he returns this season]. We'll just have to see."

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have to say, if he isn't back this year for the playoffs (assuming they make it) then I think the Bears have to part ways with him in the off season. He just can't stay healthy. Big heart, big talent and, when healthy, a big part of the team. If I were the Bears I would assume he won't come back this year and, if he does, its gravy.

oping00@gmail.com

Liked Posts:
I have to say, if he isn't back this year for the playoffs (assuming they make it) then I think the Bears have to part ways with him in the off season. He just can't stay healthy. Big heart, big talent and, when healthy, a big part of the team. If I were the Bears I would assume he won't come back this year and, if he does, its gravy.

Also Big Salary. For a guy that has been injured so much and at a very replaceable position it could make sense to cut ties with him and free up cap space. We are in pretty good position in cap space next year , but with no 1st or 2nd rd picks the extra money might come in handy.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
he will be back for the playoffs. Kyle Long is not going to miss the playoffs.

ChadKelly

Liked Posts:
Also Big Salary. For a guy that has been injured so much and at a very replaceable position it could make sense to cut ties with him and free up cap space. We are in pretty good position in cap space next year , but with no 1st or 2nd rd picks the extra money might come in handy.

He shouldve been dealt last offseason.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And if he is back for the playoffs....keep him next year??

How do those 2 things relate?

Either it's a fluke short term injury and he'll be at full strength next year or he won't. THAT's what will be a factor, not whether he plays week 17 and playoffs this year.

Seems he was doing better this year before the injury where dude got rolled up on. Unlucky, not a "made of glass" prone-injury.

Dumping him before we know what's up is the same logic we all heard ad nauseum all off-season:

Eddie Jackson was a terrible wasted 4th Rd. pick because he "had a rod in his leg

and

Robinson wasn't worth the contract & roster spot because...ACL.

I hope he comes back and kicks assess again this season and the next. How quickly fans turn on a leader who may still have good football left him.

Ironically, many people then crushed Pace for letting Cam Meredith go, who as it turns out did have a significant injury and didn't come back full strength. Yelled when Forte was let go. Good thing CCS doesn't run the show.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I want long back, but I don't want him at the price he is currently scheduled to make. If he takes a paycut, that would be great. I really don't see it happening however, but it would essentially allow us to re-resign Massie as well.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
He can start practicing as soon as next week, which it sounds like might actually happen.

Could be back for Week 17 or if they're conservative, the first round of the playoffs, Dan Wiederer said on ESPN 1000 yesterday.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I want long back, but I don't want him at the price he is currently scheduled to make. If he takes a paycut, that would be great. I really don't see it happening however, but it would essentially allow us to re-resign Massie as well.

I'm not a capologist like some people are on here (seriously), but it probably only helps financially if you get rid of Long's contract, drop Sims, and don't have to pay two first rounders over the next two years.

With that saved money, you could probably sign a comparable-or-better OL or draft one if you feel good about the player.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

He may very well have gotten that deal to continue playing with a bad wing in a contract year. He may have sat to be ready for FA instead. Being one handed also helped lead to other injuries that fucked him up for 2 years. Next year should be the 1st one where he starts it at 100%. He was good going into this one but not at full strength yet. This is the 1st offseason that he can get all of his very substantial strength back. Probably the wrong time to ditch.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
Long is an elite WoW player and has decided to pursue his gaming career instead of football.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pfcmsh

Liked Posts:
Witzmann had a decent/solid game against the Rams, but if Long is ready to go he would be an upgrade.

I agree. I do not think Long is an elite player. Maybe when he was young he was? He is injured so much we have learned to get along without him with serviceable replacements. Is he really worth what he is paid? Has he made any standout plays this year? Maybe one or 2. I just think we are so used to being without him that I do not think we miss him all that much.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The one thing that absolutely stands out about LONG is he is a GREAT teammate.

He was socializing all training camp with everyone. Dancing and prancing and joking.

He even spent at least 10 minutes working one on one with Morgan sharing.

He is the consummate player without an Ego.

Besides, when healthy he does pancake players and is an "enforcer" out there during games. Sticking up for his teammates