La Canfora's claiming that the Bears are in talks with Jacksonville Jaguars about trade for Nick Foles.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
NBC Sports posted a video about Foles coming to Chicago about a week ago...I'll see if I can find it.

Foles will have a cap hit that JAX will want to offload. They can't just cut him like the Dalton/Cincinnati situation.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
OMG then it's true.... we are going to draft a QB. ?

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Brace yourselves, this is going to happen. I honestly think this makes too much sense.

The Jags save almost 4 mil if they trade him. If they keep him, they pay him 22Mil to backup and 15Mil next year after even after they cut him. The team taking on Foles takes on 15Mil, but it would be NON guaranteed, meaning a negotiation would certainly be in order. His 2020 money is very similar to what Ryan Tannehill had before he renegotiated and bet on himself after being traded to the Titans.

The Jags also have a bunch of picks in the first 4 rounds. I think they'd be willing to give up one to get rid of Foles.

Foles has been with Nagy (KC), Lazor (PHI) and Flip (PHI and JAX). Think he'd jump at a chance to play in Chicago. The Bears get a QB familiar with their system (which seems to be big for Nagy, being that Daniel and Bray have hung around for a couple years), and can sell the fanbase on the fact they're getting a SB winning QB.

PaytonHighstep

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Not this LaCanfora shit again. He's reaching in an attempt to remain relevant. I guess it's working if people keep following him on twitter.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I think the Bears may be feeling around the league to see if anyone really wants to strike a deal. There have been quite a few verified inquiries.

I do not believe the Bears are desperate, or will act accordingly.

There are several teams with overpaid QBs and it doesn't hurt to inquire around the league.

kg1187

Liked Posts:
I wonder if they could do a Burton for Foles swap. Trading Burton create's an extra five in cap space that could be spent on Hooper.

Its hard seeing the Bears trading for Foles and acquiring Hooper cap wise. Making the Jags take on Burton's bad deal instead of attaching a pick might make a difference. Plus it would save the Bears another 1.7 million in 2021 cap space.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I wonder if they could do a Burton for Foles swap. Trading Burton create's an extra five in cap space that could be spent on Hooper.

Its hard seeing the Bears trading for Foles and acquiring Hooper cap wise. Making the Jags take on Burton's bad deal instead of attaching a pick might make a difference. Plus it would save the Bears another 1.7 million in 2021 cap space.

Interesting idea.

reggie_love

Liked Posts:
would you rather.......cut floyd so you can afford nick foles OR keep floyd and bring back david fales? as silly as the latter is its probably the better option imo. at least you get rid of floyd's contract after this year.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
I hope this happens! I've been on the trade for Nick Foles bandwagon since before the end of the season. You literally couldn't ask for a better available option to Nagy's system. He won a superbowl in the same system.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
I'd probably line up my choice in QBs to 'compete' with Mitch like this:

Tannehill
Bridgewater
Derek Carr
--------
Foles
Keenum
Dalton
Mariota

I think from Foles down enter more realistic territory. What I like about Foles is his quick release and is decent all-around, except certainly not a rusher. The downside is his recent injury history. But Foles would be a good pair with Mitch in that he can be a mentor, and gives Bears offense diversity. Mitch can be a great Option QB, but I don't think that would really hamper the Offense using Foles if they went that direction at any point (or Mitch to Foles).

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
Brace yourselves, this is going to happen. I honestly think this makes too much sense.

The Jags save almost 4 mil if they trade him. If they keep him, they pay him 22Mil to backup and 15Mil next year after even after they cut him. The team taking on Foles takes on 15Mil, but it would be NON guaranteed, meaning a negotiation would certainly be in order. His 2020 money is very similar to what Ryan Tannehill had before he renegotiated and bet on himself after being traded to the Titans.

The Jags also have a bunch of picks in the first 4 rounds. I think they'd be willing to give up one to get rid of Foles.

Foles has been with Nagy (KC), Lazor (PHI) and Flip (PHI and JAX). Think he'd jump at a chance to play in Chicago. The Bears get a QB familiar with their system (which seems to be big for Nagy, being that Daniel and Bray have hung around for a couple years), and can sell the fanbase on the fact they're getting a SB winning QB.

Superbowl