Lance Briggs On Marc Trestman’s Bears Tenure: ‘He Shouldn’t Have Been A Coach Here’

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
Remember the Redskins game in 2010 where he challenged the ballcarrier broke the plane for a TD when it clearly wasn't? And then the next play, he didn't challenge when he did break the plane but it was called a fumble.

LOL, I totally forgot about that. Brutal.

I'll never forget being at the UC for a regular season Bulls game when the crowd start chanting "Lovie Sucks! Lovie Sucks! Lovie Sucks!" I still to this day have never seen anything like it.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
LOL, I totally forgot about that. Brutal.

I'll never forget being at the UC for a regular season Bulls game when the crowd start chanting "Lovie Sucks! Lovie Sucks! Lovie Sucks!" I still to this day have never seen anything like it.

LOL, was Lovie in attendance?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Huh? He was awful with us. He missed the post season 5 out of his last 6 years. Only one year during his 9-year tenure did he produce an offense that was even remotely close to decent. He was allowed to select 6 different OC's, which is absolutely unheard of for a HC with a 9 year run.

Beyond the offense, his inability to make in-game adjustments was embarrassing. How many games did the same WR or TE light us up with zero adjustment? Over and over and over. Not once did I ever see our CB's standing less than 10 feet from the WR's at the line of scrimmage.

And let's not even get started on his clock management. It was seriously the worst I've ever seen. Does anyone remember the squib kick against Atlanta? Wow.

And who remembers the double challenge flag fiasco? That call was still not over turned after TWO challenge flags. Absolutely incredible.

In 2006, Lovie had prime Brian Urlacher, Lance Briggs, Peanut Tillman, Mike Brown and Tommie Harris. I could have coached that team to a top 10 defense. Lovie was a below average HC, period.

Lovie was a below average HC, period

2 do what he did ( and win) with crap Qb's......Smith was a damn good HC

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Lovie is now a college coach at a bottom rung college.

I think that answers the question.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Huh? He was awful with us. He missed the post season 5 out of his last 6 years. Only one year during his 9-year tenure did he produce an offense that was even remotely close to decent. He was allowed to select 6 different OC's, which is absolutely unheard of for a HC with a 9 year run.

Beyond the offense, his inability to make in-game adjustments was embarrassing. How many games did the same WR or TE light us up with zero adjustment? Over and over and over. Not once did I ever see our CB's standing less than 10 feet from the WR's at the line of scrimmage.

And let's not even get started on his clock management. It was seriously the worst I've ever seen. Does anyone remember the squib kick against Atlanta? Wow.

And who remembers the double challenge flag fiasco? That call was still not over turned after TWO challenge flags. Absolutely incredible.

In 2006, Lovie had prime Brian Urlacher, Lance Briggs, Peanut Tillman, Mike Brown and Tommie Harris. I could have coached that team to a top 10 defense. Lovie was a below average HC, period.

blah,blah,blah,blah and Smith performed a coaching miracle with below avg. Qb's

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Stats prove he's above average. I've already rekt you on this debate before. I didn't like him either but as a head coach for us he was above average. Winning percentage shows that. Can't deny it.

You know it goes deeper than wins and losses. If he was the defensive coordinator, and we had a HC and/or OC that knew anything about offense, those mid to late 2000s teams would have been much better.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:

Beautiful.

He was a terrible HC and given every chance to succeed, which he didn't because he sucked ass.

He's so bad he's now at uofi lol!

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Yeah, multiple Pro Bowl players are definitely mediocre....

Is this Guano's alt account? Because as far as I'm aware, Guano is the only poster 'tarded enough to correlate team success with pro bowl counts. Like a child.

On a related note, many were crowning Emery's ass over the "great success" of his 2012 draft, wherein he "drafted 3 starters", however said starters included Shea-Mc and Isaiah Frey.

So, to summarize, number of pro bowlers (and rookie starters for that matter) do not add up to jackshit, only the scoreboard matters. either a team is a playoff contender, or it's not. Bears have not been a playoff contender for a very long time, and this personnel rebuild is still on the 50-yard line.

RacerX

Liked Posts:
2 do what he did ( and win) with crap Qb's......Smith was a damn good HC

PLease don't even start with this fucktarded line of trolling. Fucking dipshit talk, yeah, so great he got his ass kicked out of the NFL good ole boys club.

RacerX

Liked Posts:
blah,blah,blah,blah and Smith performed a coaching miracle with below avg. Qb's

He under-performed by failing to win any titles with the treasure trove of defensive superstars which JA gifted to him.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
I can't stop laughing thinking this was Lovies reaction when fired from Tampa.

[video=youtube;mzN2z6MM_G4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzN2z6MM_G4[/video]

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'd have liked see what Lovie's teams could have done with a good QB.