Landry and Quinn

Throwthebones

Liked Posts:
Do the titans look to trade for Quinn with the Landry injury. I believe that they are a "super bowl or bust" type of situation. Do they reach out for Quinn? I am not speculating anything. Just an actual question.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
What make you think that it's a make it or break it year for them?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bears would trade him depending on the return. Lets be honest.

Would you trade Quinn for a 2nd and a 4th?

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Unless a team is overpaying, keep Quinn for now.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:

If that was the case he wouldn’t be a bear rn

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
The thing with Quinn is that he has been wildly inconsistent throughout his career. Yes, he can be very good but he also has had seasons similar to his first in Chicago.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
sure, anything is possible, but his cap number 17m and Titans have about 6m in space I think...
That is his cap number for the Bears. It would be 12.8 for the Titans as they wouldn't take on the portion of his contract that is the Signing Bonus. But more than likely Bears would have to eat some salary to move him. That and better for a team cap wise to trade for him at the trade deadline when in theory little over half of that 12.8 would be left.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
That is his cap number for the Bears. It would be 12.8 for the Titans as they wouldn't take on the portion of his contract that is the Signing Bonus. But more than likely Bears would have to eat some salary to move him. That and better for a team cap wise to trade for him at the trade deadline when in theory little over half of that 12.8 would be left.
They would eat salary if it meant better draft choices....

That being said I doubt the Bears completely gut their team. They need to be somewhat competitive on the field to keep the players spirits up and to attract FAs next year.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think any haul from a trade for Quinn would have to be slightly above and beyond.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
I think Quinn probably still performs at a high level for another 1-2 seasons, but if Titans want to "buy high" on Quinn then I would hope Poles is happy to start negotiating. IMO Bears should be happy to restructure the $6-7M of his '22 salary to fit under the Titans cap if they're willing to offer something like a 1st and 6th to make it worth CHI's while. With all of the free cap space Bears should be happy to use a small portion of it to improve draft return on potential trades.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
His market value won’t be any higher then it is right now. Once the season starts it’s going down. There is no way he duplicates his performance from last season.

A 32 year old pass rusher in his 12 season with a back loaded, crazy high contract, isn’t getting top dollar return.

Beast15

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Quinn probably still performs at a high level for another 1-2 seasons, but if Titans want to "buy high" on Quinn then I would hope Poles is happy to start negotiating. IMO Bears should be happy to restructure the $6-7M of his '22 salary to fit under the Titans cap if they're willing to offer something like a 1st and 6th to make it worth CHI's while. With all of the free cap space Bears should be happy to use a small portion of it to improve draft return on potential trades.
Bears will not get a 1st for Quinn. As someone else stated, he has been inconsistent in career. Be ecstatic if he gets 10 to 12 sacks this year

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:

Might be an unpopular opinion but I prob wouldn’t. IF Fields is the guy, bears could realistically compete as soon as next season. They have the most cap in the league and a full deck of picks. If their window to compete opens next year, why trade one of the best pass rushers in the league who’s on a great contract for anything less than a 1st?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Might be an unpopular opinion but I prob wouldn’t. IF Fields is the guy, bears could realistically compete as soon as next season. They have the most cap in the league and a full deck of picks. If their window to compete opens next year, why trade one of the best pass rushers in the league who’s on a great contract for anything less than a 1st?
Quinn is nearing the end athletically. Could drop off a cliff soon. If you are going to get anything for him, now is the time. At least through week 7.
I don't care either way, but if you get a good return it would be well worth it.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
but if you get a good return it would be well worth it.
I am kind of torn because he helps the Bears be competitive and his contract at 16/17 million for year is what you pay for a productive pass rusher. But for a 2nd and 4th, yes I would do it.