Larry Broom: "I can pass block with the best of em"

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
I don't recall a rookie class that showed as much confidence as this group, and I like it.
Is its really the actual rookie class showing the confidence, or is it CCS just going dick ripping bitchmaid crazy for these greman fuckers?

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
can we just stack like 4 5th round picks every year :)

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:
I hope Borom works out. The Bears probably need to be prepared to go back to the OL next offseason.

The chances that Mustipher and Borom are long terms answers is pretty low.
What makes you say this?
Our Oline turned around last year when mustipher was inserted at center (wasn't the only move made), I didn't see him seeming out of place and Krutz seemed to be very high on him.
Borom moves very well for a big man and gave up zero pressures in the SEC playing overweight.
Are you just talking pure chance of two late picks end up sticking?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I hope Borom works out. The Bears probably need to be prepared to go back to the OL next offseason.

I think Mustipher showed well at center and should only get better with play. When you come in without pro reps and play the position better than the 2 vets we've already tried there... Maybe not in absolute grade but when you consider the finer points of the position that improves the entire lines play, he was a success. Obviously we know nothing about Borom and he was a 5th round pick so odds are he's not an answer but also way to early to write him off.

Last edited:

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

easy killer

yeah, it's unlikely that either will become a stud. but it wouldn't be surprising if one turned out at least serviceable

The OL only needs one or two excellent players

pinkfloydster

Liked Posts:
Is its really the actual rookie class showing the confidence, or is it CCS just going dick ripping bitchmaid crazy for these greman fuckers?

9 times out of 10, I would say we are all drinking the Kool-Aid. But this one has late round steal written all over it. Look at his athletic scores, look at how (it seems) he was coached to play way overweight and how he has immediately lost that weight. His technique is supposedly solid. AAAAAANND the kid is an academic standout pre-engineering major.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Talking shit is one thing doing shit is another. I see this with the younger generation a lot.

Have you ever heard of the Fab 5 or the Running Rebels??

WookieOnRitalin

Liked Posts:
I mean, if Charles Leno can be a 5 year starter at tackle as a 7th rounder....

My guess is that Borom will struggle with the athleticism and speed of the edge rushers in the NFL.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
The reference is to quotes from the rookies who all show greaa confidence. Fields, Jenkins, Borom, Graham have all shown a lot of self confidence.

Yes, it is absolutely true that talking about it won't matter if they don't do it.

But the point being made earlier was that we haven't seen rookies show this much confidence recently. Could just be that we have a group of talkers. We shall see. But most see this as a good sign.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What makes you say this?
Our Oline turned around last year when mustipher was inserted at center (wasn't the only move made), I didn't see him seeming out of place and Krutz seemed to be very high on him.
Borom moves very well for a big man and gave up zero pressures in the SEC playing overweight.
Are you just talking pure chance of two late picks end up sticking?
Because the chances of both a 5th round pick and an UDFA becoming long term above average starters is just low.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
easy killer

yeah, it's unlikely that either will become a stud. but it wouldn't be surprising if one turned out at least serviceable

The OL only needs one or two excellent players
All I am saying is that we shouldn't look at the OL as a finished project. We don't have any difference makers on the line. I hope Jenkins will be one. Whitehair is solid, but has not been as good the last couple of years, Daniels who knows.

We need to continue to invest until we either have 5 above average guys... or a couple of difference makers and solid guys mixed in.

This OL project is likely to be a 2-3 offseason revamp.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think Mustipher showed well at center and should only get better with play. When you come in without pro reps and play the position better than the 2 vets we've already tried there... Maybe not in absolute grade but when you consider the finer points of the position that improves the entire lines play, he was a success. Obviously we know nothing about Borom and he was a 5th round pick so odds are he's not an answer but also way to early to write him off.
All I am saying is we should be prepared to continue to invest in the OL, something Pace has not done consistently.

We have more talent, I am more intrigued by Borom and Mustipher than the bums we have had in the past, but it would be a win if they were both serviceable starters.

We need to aim higher than serviceable.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
All I am saying is we should be prepared to continue to invest in the OL, something Pace has not done consistently.

We have more talent, I am more intrigued by Borom and Mustipher than the bums we have had in the past, but it would be a win if they were both serviceable starters.

We need to aim higher than serviceable.
I guess but when 2 of your 1st 3 picks are OL...

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I guess but when 2 of your 1st 3 picks are OL...
It was great to get the investment. Unless everything breaks right, I think we will need more.

But what do you think the ceiling if for this unit?

I think we should try and aspire to building a top 10 unit in the league.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It was great to get the investment. Unless everything breaks right, I think we will need more.

But what do you think the ceiling if for this unit?

I think we should try and aspire to building a top 10 unit in the league.
I think they 'could' be real good for a while with the huge ifs of the new Ts. Borom and one of the T spots is the biggest ?. We have pretty good idea that Teven will be able to play one of them.

Once we see Whitehair as just a good player as opposed to our best player on the line. We'll have arrived.

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Totally agree about continuing to invest in OL. Now that Pace went up and got his QB, he needs to settle in and draft for long term success.

Hopefully OL won’t continue to be a screaming need and we can replace aging talent as the priority, but there is always a need to replenish talent at OL.