Last 17 games -- 4,200 total yards, 93 total TD's, 93 QBR ..... 2 OC's in 3 Years....

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:
Fields' numbers over the last 17 games/pretty telling. Now we see him staying in the pocket more/showing pocket presence, throwing less picks, keeping his eyes up/passing before deciding to run some, etc. The kid is growing and developing. Moreover, the kid continues to show grit, it, and that bounce-back/resilient quality that the great ones have. Those 2 fumbles would have been backbreakers for most QB's.... yet Fields turned it around and was pivotal in leading us to victory. Lastly, whatever remaining flaws he has (like better ball security) are correctable -- according to Chase Daniel.

Regarding Fields' numbers over the last 17 games..... they are pretty remarkable when you consider our disfunction as an organization.... and despite the fact that he has had 2 OC's in 3 years and is now dealing with a subpar (idiotic?) OC. Despite these obstacles that would be insurmountable barriers to success for many other QB's, Fields has still managed to put up respectable numbers while still trending upward.

Bottom line -- based upon what we seen from Justin versus what we have seen from draft eligible QB's (who clearly have the potential to bust) -- it would be stupid to give up on him this soon.

Put more talent around him, give him a competent OC, and lets see what he can do.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Not going to bust this guy's balls over a typo. His point still stands...

MakeMyDay

VISIONARY
Donator
Liked Posts:
So looks like Getsy is performing miracles with JF whom was failing badly from the prior coaching staff?

I would have never looked at it that way until you pointed it out

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not going to bust this guy's balls over a typo. His point still stands...
No it doesn't. Over his last 17 games his passer rating ( please don't use QBR as it means something else) is 88.61. Here's his actual #s if you don't include his running.

2960 yds (277 of 422), 25 td, 12 int. He's also taken 63 sacks and had 16 fumbles which are negatives that don't go to passer rating. Nor does his running ( plus 8 TDs and 1000+ yds) which is how the OP is getting his #s.

This is not a slam JF post but here as a correction. I personally don't know what will happen with Fields but I'm more positive than negative overall.

Last edited:

Forty-six

Liked Posts:
I think it's pretty easy to manipulate stats to whatever picture you want to paint. At this point in Fields' career, if he were the guy, we'd know it without reservation. He has talent. I love his attitude. From what I've seen on the field, Justin is a dynamic runner of the football. I don't think he is a talented enough passer and at the NFL level that's a serious problem. He holds on to the ball too long at times. He misses some throws he should be making.

The 2024 draft is deep in terms of QB talent. The following year's draft is not. Yes, there is risk in moving on from Fields and drafting a QB but there is also risk in not drafting a QB in 2024. Who knows what position the Bears will have in the 2025 draft? Top 5? Maybe. Top 10? Probably. It's very unlikely they'll have the first overall pick for a third year in a row and therefore if they want to draft a QB in 2025 from a weaker QB draft class than the 2024 draft class the Bears would need to give up significant draft capital to move up into the top 1 or 2 or 3 spots to get him.

I'd prefer the Bears fire Flus, hire an offensive minded HC, then have Poles and the new HC draft their QB of the future in the 2024 draft.

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
Do you guys actually believe your own gaslighting on Fields, wow

Neckbeard

Liked Posts:
Chase Daniel had these stats up in a recent tweet and film review. 4200 was TOTAL yards, which with Fields you can reasonably do that since running yards can be significant with him.

33 TOTAL TDs, which again, makes sense. You can do the same with Hurts as he's hit double digits in rushing TDs again.

Chase did have ~93 QB rating as his number. Not sure what exactly is the right number but its right in that ballpark for the last 17 games.

Fumbles - 16 over the last 17 games. 5 lost. He still needs to get better here but it was worse his first 17 games.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Chase Daniel had these stats up in a recent tweet and film review. 4200 was TOTAL yards, which with Fields you can reasonably do that since running yards can be significant with him.

33 TOTAL TDs, which again, makes sense. You can do the same with Hurts as he's hit double digits in rushing TDs again.

Chase did have ~93 QB rating as his number. Not sure what exactly is the right number but its right in that ballpark for the last 17 games.

Fumbles - 16 over the last 17 games. 5 lost. He still needs to get better here but it was worse his first 17 games.
He does have a 93 QB Rating...his detractors will run to ESPN QBR, which has been shitted on by many. Skip use to get laughed at, for trying to use it.

That shit had Fitzpatrick rated higher than Brady who was 8-0 at one point and Ryan Mallet as one of the best QBs in league. I posted article before...not doing it again...let tards be tards.

Last edited: