Last 17 games -- 4,200 total yards, 93 total TD's, 93 QBR ..... 2 OC's in 3 Years....

Lurk McGurk

Liked Posts:
I think it's pretty easy to manipulate stats to whatever picture you want to paint. At this point in Fields' career, if he were the guy, we'd know it without reservation. He has talent. I love his attitude. From what I've seen on the field, Justin is a dynamic runner of the football. I don't think he is a talented enough passer and at the NFL level that's a serious problem. He holds on to the ball too long at times. He misses some throws he should be making.

The 2024 draft is deep in terms of QB talent. The following year's draft is not. Yes, there is risk in moving on from Fields and drafting a QB but there is also risk in not drafting a QB in 2024. Who knows what position the Bears will have in the 2025 draft? Top 5? Maybe. Top 10? Probably. It's very unlikely they'll have the first overall pick for a third year in a row and therefore if they want to draft a QB in 2025 from a weaker QB draft class than the 2024 draft class the Bears would need to give up significant draft capital to move up into the top 1 or 2 or 3 spots to get him.

I'd prefer the Bears fire Flus, hire an offensive minded HC, then have Poles and the new HC draft their QB of the future in the 2024 draft.
Very well said. This is exactly the reasoning why you have to make the move now. You've been gifted the perfect opportunity to go in a different direction, and with the roster beginning to take shape, it's the perfect time to reboot too. I've been surprised that so many fans don't see this, it seems so obvious.