Lastros at Cubs IST

justaChifan

Liked Posts:
I thought we were talking baseball here..... X-factor, what do you want to see happen with Garza? Or do just trust that whatever the regime does will be best.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I thought we were talking baseball here..... X-factor, what do you want to see happen with Garza? Or do just trust that whatever the regime does will be best.

I'm torn w/ Garza. I don't value his arm as much as many do (I think his absolute ceiling is an avg. #2 pitcher, and he'll probably be a slightly above avg. #3 pitcher)...but there's nothing wrong w/ a good #3 pitcher. I'd like to lock him up for 4 years for $35M or so, but I don't think he'll take that deal. I'm not sure he's going to be worth his next contract (regardless as to whom gives him the contract)...and since I don't believe the Cubs will be the highest bidder in the off-season, part of me wants to trade him just so we get something for him.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

I'm just talking about tonight.

[video=youtube;wMKTB95-LVk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMKTB95-LVk[/video]

justaChifan

Liked Posts:
I'm torn w/ Garza. I don't value his arm as much as many do (I think his absolute ceiling is an avg. #2 pitcher, and he'll probably be a slightly above avg. #3 pitcher)...but there's nothing wrong w/ a good #3 pitcher. I'd like to lock him up for 4 years for $35M or so, but I don't think he'll take that deal. I'm not sure he's going to be worth his next contract (regardless as to whom gives him the contract)...and since I don't believe the Cubs will be the highest bidder in the off-season, part of me wants to trade him just so we get something for him.

I hear ya. But he seems to have veteran type leadership and desire(from what I've seen...could be wrong) that this team sorely needs. Rookies alone I don't think are gonna make it happen on their own. Then again if you're expecting them not to contend for 3-5 years, Garza's not needed.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wood was cruising. Had 2 outs and nobody on and then wheels fell off. 2 singles and a BOMB to tie game at 3

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
Wood was cruising. Had 2 outs and nobody on and then wheels fell off. 2 singles and a BOMB to tie game at 3

It happens. Overall, the trade for Marshall was good for both teams, excluding the throw-ins of course.

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
Cubs got screwed by the shitty umps today. Oh well.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cubs got screwed by the shitty umps today. Oh well.

Yea they did. Sori picked off when clearly hand in. Barney draws a basesloaded walk but UMP gives guy who throwing everywhere a strike that was 3 inches inside

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nice to see a hustle double lead to a mistake as Rizzo ends up on third. Please not the same result as usual with this situation.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
Nice to see a hustle double lead to a mistake as Rizzo ends up on third. Please not the same result as usual with this situation.

Darwin needs to start seeing more pitches. You can't aid the pitcher that way by swinging at the 1st pitch.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Astros have being hit the ball hard all day. Some start to fall in and with some #Cube defense it is now a ball game.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Castro with great DEF!!! 13 E

Okay I am know I am invinting the apologist or whatever calls with this, but am I the only one that thought Rizzo should have corralled that one? I mean it is an error on Castro because the throw hit the dirt, but it wasn't off line as far as I could tell.