Lauri Markkanen is Not With the Spurs Because He Reportedly “Wanted So Much Money”

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Realistically there is no reason anyone should want him on their roster. The only thing he is is a decent shooter. I'm sure most clubs can find a big than can shoot and also has some other good quality.
I mean…I hate Lauri the player but he’s def rosterable. He has a role in the league but it’s a very limited one with the right team. Thankfully, it’s not the bulls. Hated watching that guy

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I mean…I hate Lauri the player but he’s def rosterable. He has a role in the league but it’s a very limited one with the right team. Thankfully, it’s not the bulls. Hated watching that guy
He'd probably be decent in Europe. Although they are probably more physical than him sadly

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
I’m not gonna hate too much on the kid because he was saddled with a Dirk comp from day one so the expectations were ridiculously high.

He had a good rookie season and a promising year two. His problem is he didn’t hit the weight room and add muscle. If he added about 15 pounds to his upper half he wouldn’t have been pushed around so much in the paint to the point he just refused to enter it.

He really could have been a player, he just chose not to be.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
It’s all between the ears and lack of testicular fortitude with Lauri. Guy plays like he’s strolling through the buffet line

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Realistically there is no reason anyone should want him on their roster. The only thing he is is a decent shooter. I'm sure most clubs can find a big than can shoot and also has some other good quality.
I think he is a bit better than what you are describing. The potential is there....its a matter of how motivated he is and can the right coach get the best out of him consistently.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
I think he is a bit better than what you are describing. The potential is there....its a matter of how motivated he is and can the right coach get the best out of him consistently.
He should have been plenty motivated last year, no? Again, it’s between the ears with him. People blamed Boylen for “making” him a spot up 3 shooter…turns out that’s all he could do offensively with any semblance of consistency. He does not play with the hunger and chip on his shoulder that he needs to

Enasic

Liked Posts:
The fact that he’s consistently injured also doesn’t help his cause either. Not only is he one dimensional and terrible defensively, he’s injury prone.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
What potential is there? He's not a good athlete. He can't rebound well because he is soft. He has 0 post moves. He's got 0 ability to become a good defender. Not sure I see the potential. I guess potentially he could become a consistent shooter instead of a streaky one

Enasic

Liked Posts:
He’s actually a decent rebounder and has some athleticism. He’s not very agile though and cannot create his own shot. He’s a spot up shooter or straight path to the basket guy with no counter moves. I don’t think AKME will be able to get a 1st for him but hopefully they could recoup a couple of 2nds

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
I remember the game he had against New York I want to say his second year where he was actually motivated and was the talk of the NBA for a couple days thinking this guy is gonna be something special.

Turns out that was his peak.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
i'm suprised lauri hasnt fired his agent...he clearly stated he's done with chicago and if he'd lower his salary demands he could have been gone in a S&T but now its looking like he'll be stuck playing on the QO...

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
What potential is there? He's not a good athlete. He can't rebound well because he is soft. He has 0 post moves. He's got 0 ability to become a good defender. Not sure I see the potential. I guess potentially he could become a consistent shooter instead of a streaky one

He’s actually a pretty damn good athlete

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The roster can't afford to trade him without getting a playable power forward back, preferably that can defend in the post.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why? He isn't a playable PF. So it would be a wash
This roster is fucked without him as crazy as it sounds. I'm with you but having a 7' stretch 4 big body is absolutely necessary to hold this thing together.

I cringed when they traded WCJ but they never tried him at his true position of PF. Wendel was not a center and didn't have a center mentality. The genius' at the Bulls took away the middle jumper where he excelled as well.

I think Lauri is important to this build, and it sucks for everyone but also creates the opportunity to get him going long enough to trade him. If he could just play well for 2-3 months he could become an early trade deadline get.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
This roster is fucked without him as crazy as it sounds. I'm with you but having a 7' stretch 4 big body is absolutely necessary to hold this thing together.

I cringed when they traded WCJ but they never tried him at his true position of PF. Wendel was not a center and didn't have a center mentality. The genius' at the Bulls took away the middle jumper where he excelled as well.

I think Lauri is important to this build, and it sucks for everyone but also creates the opportunity to get him going long enough to trade him. If he could just play well for 2-3 months he could become an early trade deadline get.
Going to have to disagree wholeheartedly. I wouldn't be surprised if simonovic is better than lauri. Also Wendell sucked as well

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Going to have to disagree wholeheartedly. I wouldn't be surprised if simonovic is better than lauri. Also Wendell sucked as well
If Simonovic can fill that need great. I think you don't see what Lauri can be too well and neither did this franchise but I hope you take your crow with his next franchise.

I would love to have all Lauri has as a basketball player.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Lauri actually shot 40% from 3 last year (and 48% overall to boot). Any player who can do that on 5+ attempts like he did is a rosterable player. His best fit may not be here, but let's not act like this guy is Felicio.
Hes rosterable. Just not playable for a good team. Which is why all the teams that want him are garbage