Lawrence Frank is on the bulls radar

TheStig

Liked Posts:
After former assistant Del Harris' offseason departure, Bulls assistant coach Bernie Bickerstaff, who has held four head-coaching jobs, stands out as the most natural interim replacement should Chicago decide to continue a tradition of Christmas-season coaching changes that previously claimed Tim Floyd and Scott Skiles. But NBA coaching sources told ESPN.com that one name already on the Bulls' radar is New Jersey's just-dismissed Lawrence Frank.

Yet money is bound to be an issue, as it is everywhere in the NBA. Del Negro's contract is guaranteed through next season and Chicago's appetite for spending on a new coach when it's also still paying off some of Skiles' deal remains to be seen.

http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/page/dime-091112-13/weekend-dime-players-soon-trade-eligible

I don't know how I feel about this considering how poorly the Scott Skilies era ended and that they are very similar. Frank is a good underrated coach but I am not sure he can help our offensive problems. Despite my arguments to keep Vinny in other threads, I would have no problem pushing him aside for a real coach like Frank. I think we would be much better off with someone like rick adelman or waiting till the summer to see someone who becomes available. Plus I really can't see JR paying three coaches plus his expensive assistants.

Dpauley23

Liked Posts:
From what I've been told they already contacted the Nets to get some research on Frank. I've also heard that Del Negro is safe for now and will be as long as they not getting blow out daily. From my understanding Frank would have good shot at being named the head coach during the season if they did Fire Vinny instead of going the interim route.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Dpauley23 wrote:
From what I've been told they already contacted the Nets to get some research on Frank. I've also heard that Del Negro is safe for now and will be as long as they not getting blow out daily. From my understanding Frank would have good shot at being named the head coach during the season if they did Fire Vinny instead of going the interim route.

I think your right. As long as Vinny isn't getting blown out every night he will last through the season. I really can't see Vinny paying for another coach. Vinny has a guaranteed deal at least through this year if not next and we are still paying skilies. I have a hard time seeing us add another 3-4 mill this year to pay frank.

Dpauley23

Liked Posts:
Im pretty sure Reinsdorf and co. they can get him for 2.5

Liked Posts:
You guys really think that firing Del Negro and having Bernie Bickerstaff coach is the answer?

Man, first throwing out Gordon and keeping Hinrich and Salmons and now Bickerstaff?

Boy are we on a roll.

Dpauley23 wrote:

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Dpauley23 wrote:

Thats barely more than what Vinny is making. I doubt Frank would take that unless it was full of bonuses and an opt out clause. He'd be the lowest paid coach in the league that wasn't a first time coach.

cool007

Liked Posts:
I am sorry but I DO NOT WANT Frank as our coach. He is NOT that good. I rather see JVG instead.