Learn his name - Howard Wilson

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
This guy might be one of the steals of the 2017 draft. My sleeper pick for the draft.

Howard Wilson, CB, Houston
6'1, 184lbs, 31 3/8 inch arms - Top performer in 3 cone and 20yrd shuttle. Averaged an interception (nine total) every 15 targets despite just one season as a full-time starter.

Go get him Pace. Check out tape against Cincinnati. Not afraid to come downhill and get his nose dirty in the run game. Should have had 3 INT's in this game but dropped 1.

[video]http://draftbreakdown.com/video/howard-wilson-vs-cincinnati-2016/[/video]

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
He would immediately become the skinniest dude in the NFL. Looks more like a marathon runner than a NFL player.
1024x1024.jpg

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
This guy might be one of the steals of the 2017 draft. My sleeper pick for the draft.

Howard Wilson, CB, Houston
6'1, 184lbs, 31 3/8 inch arms - Top performer in 3 cone and 20yrd shuttle. Averaged an interception (nine total) every 15 targets despite just one season as a full-time starter.

Go get him Pace. Check out tape against Cincinnati. Not afraid to come downhill and get his nose dirty in the run game. Should have had 3 INT's in this game but dropped 1.

[video]http://draftbreakdown.com/video/howard-wilson-vs-cincinnati-2016/[/video]

I'm no scout but i'm not sure i see anything special with him in that tape/game. The int's and the almost int looked to be just dumb throws by the QB and he gave his WR anywhere from 5 -10 yards off the line of scrimmage before he even touched him and although he didn't shy away from contact with his tackling, it was always going at the guys legs and no body tackling and he even missed a couple of tackles. Again, i'm far from a scout or being good at being an evaluator but i just don't see special. What round were you talking for this kid? I'm thinking 3rd or 4th.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I like Wilson a lot. I think with the CB talent at the top of the draft, he's a guy that could be around in the 4th round. Probably not going to be able to throw him into the fire as a rookie. A guy you'll have to essentially redshirt and put 10lbs on during the season, but if he stayed in college 1 more year he had potential of being a 1st round pick in 2018. The Bears should be able to afford to redshirt him with the vets they've signed.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
He is a 3rd/4th rounder. That's why I called him a sleeper. I am not saying you line him up week 1 as your #2 CB. Give him a year as your #4 CB and watch him develop.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
He is a 3rd/4th rounder. That's why I called him a sleeper. I am not saying you line him up week 1 as your #2 CB. Give him a year as your #4 CB and watch him develop.

I didn't know anything about him until this thread. Most 'experts' think he will need a year to get muscles and learn NFL routs. It's tough to spend a third round pick on a project that will be special teamer for the first season. That's more like a sixth or seventh rounder.

Ra's al Ghul

Stuck in the Lazarus Pit
Liked Posts:
http://draftanalyst.com/pro-day-march-27-update-houston

Redshirt sophomore Howard Wilson ran the 40 in the high-4.5s (4.58s), similar to the time he ran at the combine.

Then things got really strange.

Wilson refused to participate in position drills. When scouts asked if he was injured he told them no and that it was recommended he not take part in drills. Scouts tried to coax him into drills by reminding him Myles Garrett, expected to be the first pick of the draft, was scheduled to work out on Thursday. Wilson would still not participate in drills.

Later on Wilson was throwing the ball to former Cougars signal caller Greg Ward Jr., who was warming up for receiver drills. According to eyewitnesses, someone ran down and yelled for Wilson to stop throwing the ball -- which he did.

We rated Wilson as a free agent before all this took place and this only confirms our grade.

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
Another tall, lanky DB not fast enough to be a #1 starting CB on an NFL team without them having a serious disadvantage--but fans want to see him succeed because taller DBs are just necessary, to have against taller WRs in today's game. That and tall CBs are nice luxuries to have. a 6'1 CB gives you a better chance than a 5'10 one would against a 6'4 WR....unless said WR is soft.

We already have that in Deiondre Hall, so if we didn't have Hall--I'd be for it. I'd rather focus on a top talent CB that can be a day 1 starter, either 1st or 2nd round.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Didn't R.Sherman run in the 4.5's?? The rest of that just sounds like his agent didn't want him doing drills right??

The problem is that as a late round prospect you can't afford not to do drills.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
The problem is that as a late round prospect you can't afford not to do drills.

Right, so now i'm sure it looks to any scouts/GM's that he was hiding something which can't be good for his draft stock.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
He would immediately become the skinniest dude in the NFL. Looks more like a marathon runner than a NFL player.
1024x1024.jpg

Does he intercept the ball, or does it just get wedged between his ribs?

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Howard Wilson

"He played bail coverage all game long against DeDe Westbrook so it was hard to get anything out of that. He has a lot of physical talent but I think he will struggle if you ask him to go from his conference into taking on NFL route-runners. Might have been a first-round prospect if he had gone back." -- AFC Director of College Scouting

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/howard-wilson?id=2558158