LEAST regrettable purchase you have ever made.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I recently bought a french press and it's upped my coffee game exponentially.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
waaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy too much.

My truck is my office, and there is no room for the coffee maker.
2-3 times a day I would get a large coffee with a couple shots.... so 15 a day give or take.

Now It is a bag or 2 of coffee a week, so 15-20 per week.

On the plus side, I dont drink alcohol or soda, so I spend way less on drinks than most of the world

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
waaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy too much.

My truck is my office, and there is no room for the coffee maker.
2-3 times a day I would get a large coffee with a couple shots.... so 15 a day give or take.

Now It is a bag or 2 of coffee a week, so 15-20 per week.

On the plus side, I dont drink alcohol or soda, so I spend way less on drinks than most of the world
Coffee is a crutch. Be a man with no vices

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Coffee is a crutch. Be a man with no vices

Coffee is a delicious treat that I allow myself.
I thoroughly enjoy the smell and the taste and the break it allows me.

It is a pleasure of sense on par with a good steak or a great dessert. A nice strong cup of sumatra, light on caffeine, heavy on taste, all about the flavor.

In reference to the use of the word crutch... I imagine you are referring to the stimulation of the caffeine being the deciding factor.
Not even close. I will grab a bag of decaf sumatra long before a caffeinated bag of any other.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Coffee is a delicious treat that I allow myself.
I thoroughly enjoy the smell and the taste and the break it allows me.

It is a pleasure of sense on par with a good steak or a great dessert. A nice strong cup of sumatra, light on caffeine, heavy on taste, all about the flavor.

In reference to the use of the word crutch... I imagine you are referring to the stimulation of the caffeine being the deciding factor.
Not even close. I will grab a bag of decaf sumatra long before a caffeinated bag of any other.
I will pray for you and hope you get better

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Membership to Horsemeat of the month club.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Best purchase......I bought a used 2007 honda civic for 8k that had 145k miles on it back in 2010 to use as a 4th car....

I still have it.....it has 255k miles on it now......I replaced a battery and the starter.......and that's it....

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
The Toro-shaped shot glass I bought in Pamplona first time I ran the bulls, been sipping my tequila shots in it for 2 decades.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I spent 24 bucks on a starbucks coffee mug... I thought the price was insane, but I was working in an area that did not have quick access to good coffee.

Turns out, it was worth every penny. takes a beating, I can drop it while full and not spill a drop, and if I run hot water in to it before filling it, it keeps the coffee warm from 7 till around 130.

My story is almost the same. My Stanley Thermos will be 30 years old this winter. Cost me twelve dollars in 1989 and I still use it almost every morning.

It is the only practical possession I have owned that long...so it wins by a mile.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
My story is almost the same. My Stanley Thermos will be 30 years old this winter. Cost me twelve dollars in 1989 and I still use it almost every morning.

It is the only practical possession I have owned that long...so it wins by a mile.

Jesus, 12 dollars in 89 is like 50 bucks now! Do you hold your pinky up while you sip? you should!

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jesus, 12 dollars in 89 is like 50 bucks now! Do you hold your pinky up while you sip? you should!

Nah.

This thing is too blue collar looking for that jazz. Peep this:

20190503_164114.jpg

The Stanley logo fell off about seven years ago...otherwise works like new!

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Ok nitwits, thought I would pass this along as a public service to the fine members of the CSS

I have been researching soundbars and finally settled on the $1300 Sony STHT5000 which is fabuolus and befitting the spacious OmeletDen. In the course of this purchase I looked at all kinds of soundbars from $200 up. One that did a nice job clarifying voice and adding some bass and depth to the TV was this bose for $200. For the price it did a nice job.

Now it's selling for $100 which is a steal and will add to your listening enjoyment. Uses an optical cable not HDMI which only really changes how the soundbar is controlled and does nothing to affect the sound

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Ok nitwits, thought I would pass this along as a public service to the fine members of the CSS

I have been researching soundbars and finally settled on the $1300 Sony STHT5000 which is fabuolus and befitting the spacious OmeletDen. In the course of this purchase I looked at all kinds of soundbars from $200 up. One that did a nice job clarifying voice and adding some bass and depth to the TV was this bose for $200. For the price it did a nice job.

Now it's selling for $100 which is a steal and will add to your listening enjoyment. Uses an optical cable not HDMI which only really changes how the soundbar is controlled and does nothing to affect the sound

Thanks for letting us know for the 5th time about your shit Sony sound bar.

Shallower than a pancake griddle.

Idiot.

oober

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Getting a projector for the 2006 SB... Have used one ever since. On my 2nd one now. Will never go without. It's pretty nice to have a 120in HD tv. :)