LeBron on the Clippers question??

Kush77

Liked Posts:
Myself and a few guys at work were talking about this.

if LeBron went to the Clippers, could they win the NBA title next season?

C - Kaman
PF - Griffin
SF - James
PG - Davis
SG - Gordon

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
if they trade kaman for a guy who loves to run, this could be a very fast team.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
I don't think so, to me that team is a lot like the Cavs but in the West. There is no true #2 and don't sell me on Griffen. He needs to prove himself before he can be a #2.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
I don't know, there's not a huge amount to like about the roster around LeBron. The Clippers were even more inept than the Bulls offensively last year, and they're no defensive powerhouse either. I think it's asking a lot to expect LeBron to turn them around completely at both ends.

Maybe Griffin will be good in the future, but do you really expect much out of a rookie who is coming off a major injury? And Baron Davis, well he's probably the worst chucker in the league. So you've got Gordon and Kaman as the decent pieces around LeBron, of which Gordon is a good fit, but I'm not sure Kaman would work much better than Shaq did.

Sure they could win the title just because LeBron is good, but I wouldn't think they're remotely close to being favourites or anything.

Kush77

Liked Posts:
I'm going under the assumption LBJ makes them all better.

I think Davis is a good player, he would be better with LBJ. Gordon is decent. Kaman is almost a 20/10 guy. And I don't think Griffin will go the Oden route. I hope not.

But then there's the Vinny factor. I'm sure that will change all of your minds.

Kush77

Liked Posts:
Let me put it this way. Which supporting cast would you rather have?

Shaq, Jamison, Williams, West

or

Kaman, Griffin, Davis, Gordon?

If LJB can make a 60 win team from the first group, he could do it for the second. But the Lakers would still be in the way.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
You left off Sideshow Bob, who is hugely important to the Cavs defense and rebounding. I don't think the Clippers would be as good defensively as the Cavs have been.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Kush77 wrote:
Let me put it this way. Which supporting cast would you rather have?

Shaq, Jamison, Williams, West

or

Kaman, Griffin, Davis, Gordon?

If LJB can make a 60 win team from the first group, he could do it for the second. But the Lakers would still be in the way.

60 wins in the west would make them the best in the west, are you taking them over the lakers?

And I think they are about even.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
That Clippers team would get destroyed by the Lakers, especially if Bynum is healthy. Not even close. They would have to wait for Kobe to get old and tired before they would win titles. And how anyone could trust Sterling is beyond me...

Kush77

Liked Posts:
No, I wouldn't take them over the Lakers. I'm just asking the question.

Lord knows it won't happen. Just having some fun.

I might be expecting too much from Griffin after his surgery. I do think he's going to be a beast. I read that he was fully healthy now.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Kush77 wrote:

I might be expecting too much from Griffin after his surgery. I do think he's going to be a beast. I read that he was fully healthy now.

I just don't think they are better than the cavs cast until griffen proves himself as a 20/10 guy.

Kush77

Liked Posts:
TheStig wrote:
Kush77 wrote:

I just don't think they are better than the cavs cast until griffen proves himself as a 20/10 guy.

I understand that.

Let me ask this. Since we all agree they wouldn't win a title even with LBJ.

If LBJ leaves the Cavs - who has a better record in 2011? The Clippers or the Cavs?

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
Clippers, because they'll use their space on someone while the Cavs will be looking to unload everyone and tank.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Kush77 wrote:
TheStig wrote:
Kush77 wrote:

I understand that.

Let me ask this. Since we all agree they wouldn't win a title even with LBJ.

If LBJ leaves the Cavs - who has a better record in 2011? The Clippers or the Cavs?

There are a million things to consider like who the clips get and if the cavs tank. But as is, I think the Cavs do better and fight for the eighth seed, especially if they sign a sf for the mle. But it really depends on if the west pfs come to the east or not. I think the clips are injury prone and play in a harder conference. So I really can't see them making the playoffs.