Led Zeppelin......ranking the albums

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
what a way to spend retirement in the biggest house in Elgin.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I heard The Rover on the radio today. Great tune.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Quotes from famous musicians on Zeppelin. They think they are shit:

Eric Clapton :"Led Zeppelin took up our legacy. But then they took it somewhere else that I didn’t really have a great deal of admiration for."

Jack Bruce: "Zeppelin has always been crap and will never be anything else. The worst thing is that people believe the crap that they're sold."

. . .also from a different interview "Let's face it: Jimmy Page ain't no Eric Clapton, no matter what anybody thinks. . .I mean the only decent guy, the one good guy in the band is dead. . ."

Ginger Baker (in reply to the question "Could John Bonham swing?"): "[John] Bonham couldn't swing a sack of f***ing ****."

Keith Richards: "As a band, I thought they were aptly named: They never took off, for me. At the same time, Jimmy Page was one of the best guitar players I've ever known and Bonham was a hell of a powerhouse drummer - although I think he was kind of heavy handed, myself."

Pete Townshend: See above.

Jimi Hendrix:"I don't think much of Led Zeppelin - I don't think much of them. Jimmy Page is a good guitar player."

Nick Mason (Pink Floyd) : "Led Zeppelin were less important to me than Cream. Cream were one of the reasons that I'm here now. . .Zeppelin came along a little bit later and were perhaps not quite as influential."

David Gilmour was in the midst of a conversation about utilizing additional musicians/instrumentation live when an interviewer commented, "That's something I wish Led Zeppelin would do - carry a few extra pieces." Gilmour then responds "I wish that they'd carry a few fewer, myself. . .less singers."
Sounds like jealousy to me. None of those bands were as great as Zeppelin. You cannot question Zeppelin’s influences in music today.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Sounds like jealousy to me. None of those bands were as great as Zeppelin. You cannot question Zeppelin’s influences in music today.
Ummmmmmmm. Sorry I love led zep but Cream was amazing. Ginger Baker >>>>>>>>> john Bonham.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I like ginger baker (as a drummer not a person, would make for a horrible mod) AND john bonham :-(

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Cream was so amazing that they made a nondescript guitar player into one of the biggest names in the music industry.

Baker/Bruce >> Bonham/Jones
Page>>>Clapton
While Clapton's work with Cream was amazing, I have to agree with you about Page.

Still though, Ginger Baker >>>> most anyone imo

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
How long before omelot starts a carlos santana thread and makes it about the border crisis?

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
How long before omelot starts a carlos santana thread and makes it about the border crisis?

Carlos Santana is like how they used to describe Wagner's classical music..."It's better than it sounds!"

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
So many great musicians hating on Zepp, makes you wonder why they are so hated

In a Mod battle: Baker > Urblock > Bonham

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Yes, most retired traveling salesmen and their male nurses prefer derek trucks to led zeppelin. Shocker

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I hear your male nurse is wiping his mouth and marveling at how you choose to spend your retirement