Leonard Williams: USC DT Could See NFL Draft Day Slide

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
If Pace truly believes in BPA and Williams is still on the board he will take him. We still don't know what scheme were running this year but with Williams he can play the 3 or the 5 so it would be perfect.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
He is the perfect 5 technique and could play the Justin Smith role.

He is late off the ball because he has terrible snap anticipation. That can be taught, he is not slow.

Well it didn't say he was slow it said he had a slow first step but this kid is a beast that can play more than one spot on the line kinda like JJ Watt.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Armstead should be a top-10 pick as well, but his problem I think is a bit of ego. He walked onto the field at Oregon and dominated from day one and I think being better than everyone else sort of slowed his progress. It came too easy for him.

You think Armstead has top 10 talent?? Where do you think he'll end up going in the draft?? 1st round? 2nd round?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Impressive use of poetic quotes, you magnificent fatbearded bastard.

giphy.gif

Nice selfie. What happened to your neck??

I was speaking of your avatar pic by the way.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
For this guy to slide to 7 he would have to either sleep with his sister or get caught with several kilos of heroine with intent to distribute.

It may take both of the above scenarios.

kdawgzx9

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
For this guy to slide to 7 he would have to either sleep with his sister or get caught with several kilos of heroine with intent to distribute.

It may take both of the above scenarios.

So you are saying there is a chance!!!!

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Williams is the best player in the draft, regardless of position, so if he is somehow available at 7 it is a sprint to the podium situation. With that being said, I highly doubt he slides out of the top 3 let alone the top 5. Slow first step my ass, dude is a machine and the most complete prospect the draft has to offer.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
You think Armstead has top 10 talent?? Where do you think he'll end up going in the draft?? 1st round? 2nd round?

Let me guess because I exposed you as an ass clown in another thread you're going to scroll around from one thread to another hoping to catch me in an equally stupid statement to reclaim your credibility by making me look stupid. It's not going to happen no matter how hard you desperately try to twist my words and craft my narrative for me by acting astonished and trying to insinuate something when I'm not insinuating any such thing.

But here let me throw you a bone:

Arik Armstead is listed at 6-8 290-pounds, let's say for the sake of argument he's only 6-6 280-pounds and he runs like gazelle. He's a freak athlete, freak athlete is a part of talent. Football skills are different than talent. Effort is different than talent. Fundamentals like hand usage pass rush moves to defeat blocks are different than talent. In terms of pure unadulterated Phil Emey loving football talent and athleticism Armstead could very well be a 6-8 290-pound freak size speed combination athlete but the rest of his football ability leaves a lot to be desired. Hence he's a second to third round type of prospect rather than top-10 player. He's sort of the Kareem Martin of last year.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Let me guess because I exposed you as an ass clown in another thread you're going to scroll around from one thread to another hoping to catch me in an equally stupid statement to reclaim your credibility by making me look stupid. It's not going to happen no matter how hard you desperately try to twist my words and craft my narrative for me by acting astonished and trying to insinuate something when I'm not insinuating any such thing.

But here let me throw you a bone:

Arik Armstead is listed at 6-8 290-pounds, let's say for the sake of argument he's only 6-6 280-pounds and he runs like gazelle. He's a freak athlete, freak athlete is a part of talent. Football skills are different than talent. Effort is different than talent. Fundamentals like hand usage pass rush moves to defeat blocks are different than talent. In terms of pure unadulterated Phil Emey loving football talent and athleticism Armstead could very well be a 6-8 290-pound freak size speed combination athlete but the rest of his football ability leaves a lot to be desired. Hence he's a second to third round type of prospect rather than top-10 player. He's sort of the Kareem Martin of last year.

Pretty spot-on analysis of Armstead. Freak athlete and for a guy who appears lean to the eye has incredible strength. He held up against double teams better than most could. With that being said you are right he is very raw and would greatly benefit from sound coaching at the next level and time to develop. I think the top of the second is an ideal landing spot for him for many of the reasons you listed above.

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
I know he hasn't done much since he was drafted, but what if Leonard Williams ended up dropping to the second round like Da'Quan Bowers? That would be great.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:

I can see him slipping to late 2nd or early 3rd round unless he has a tremendous pro day and combine...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Escobar's Army

Liked Posts:
I live in LA I'm open to ideas on how we can ensure that he slides.....let's hope I don't get caught because he could literally rip both of my arms off and beat me to death.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This sounds like a smokescreen.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
I live in LA I'm open to ideas on how we can ensure that he slides.....let's hope I don't get caught because he could literally rip both of my arms off and beat me to death.

Well if we take a page out of the Alshon/Burfict book we could initiate some rumors that Williams won't get out of bed before noon, would rather play madden than watch film, is quite lazy and has a Josh Gordon-esque philosophy on life.

Escobar's Army

Liked Posts:
Well if we take a page out of the Alshon/Burfict book we could initiate some rumors that Williams won't get out of bed before noon, would rather play madden than watch film, is quite lazy and has a Josh Gordon-esque philosophy on life.

I could have several cases of candy shipped to his house and "leak" photos.

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I think strength is safer than someone's first step. He's a guy that will dominate physically. I highly doubt he falls - it would be nice, but I think it's wishful thinking. I'm not a big fan of this draft. Armstead is intriguing physically, but he needs a lot of work, imo. I suppose Pace is pretty familiar with the PAC-12, given his time as a SW scout.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
Well Bucky Brooks latest draft has JAX, TEN, OAK and WAS all drafting defense. So in order to get Ray or Williams, were gonna have to hope that one of them trades out with Philly and another couple draft offense instead...

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Well Bucky Brooks latest draft has JAX, TEN, OAK and WAS all drafting defense. So in order to get Ray or Williams, were gonna have to hope that one of them trades out with Philly and another couple draft offense instead...

In that case you take Danny Shelton and feel very, very good about that particular consolation prize, because I'm not sure if there's a OT in this draft worthy of a top 10 pick.

To clarify some of my Shelton comments from earlier this week, I very much like him as a prospect. While Fangio's system does not require the use of a traditional huge NT, that doesn't mean he can't use one. Shelton is a manimal. Unlike Nix last year, Shelton has the elite movement ability that he showed at the Senior Bowl, and if he isn't in the Wilfork/Ngata/Poe class of NT prospects, he's damned close. Very interested to see what he does at the Combine, just to see how that ability quantifies.