Let’s talk about the draft.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pace opted to not address the gaping hole at QB. He didn’t even try to trade for Mahomes or Watson. Instead he took a look at the dubious tandem of Trubersky and Daniels and somehow came to the conclusion that that was good enough. That’s great that he drafted all these offensive playmakers but they will be useless when the mediocre QB can’t get the ball to them.

Colin Cowherd has the Bears finishing 9-7 solely because of Trubersky’s poor performance. I think he’s spot on that the league has figured this bum out (not there’s much to figure out). I think the only thing he is off on Green Bay winning the division. I like Minnesota’s chances better at the time of this posting.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
You are correct. Pace did not try to "trade for Mahomes or Watson." He is terrible at his job :rolleyes:

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Imagine using Colin Cowherd as your inspiration for intelligent thought.
I don't think that was how @CRM 114 was 'using' Colin Cowherd but I may be wrong.

OP, care to explain?

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
**makes thread to discuss the draft**

**doesn't discuss any of the actual draft picks**

tenor.gif

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
A lot of ppl assured me that if Trubisky had Mahomes' weapons....(try not to laugh)...he'd put up similar numbers.

Well, it's looking like that WR is going down soon, so we'll see if that grand theory holds water. I bet Mahomes still smokes him statistically.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
A lot of ppl assured me that if Trubisky had Mahomes' weapons....(try not to laugh)...he'd put up similar numbers.

Well, it's looking like that WR is going down soon, so we'll see if that grand theory holds water. I bet Mahomes still smokes him statistically.
What do you expect from them both statistically next season

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
What do you expect from them both statistically next season

Doesn't matter because I suspect, outside of Mahomes dying, he will put up better numbers than Trubisky without Kareem Hunt or Tyreek Hill. The Chiefs could sign Tanner Gentry and Don Inman - it wouldn't matter.

Before anyone gets upset, I have slowly begun to really like Trubisky. He's a leader with a great work ethic and a great attitude, and I think the Bears can do well with him...but he ain't no Patrick Mahomes.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Doesn't matter because I suspect, outside of Mahomes dying, he will put up better numbers than Trubisky without Kareem Hunt or Tyreek Hill. The Chiefs could sign Tanner Gentry and Don Inman - it wouldn't matter.

Before anyone gets upset, I have slowly begun to really like Trubisky. He's a leader with a great work ethic and a great attitude, and I think the Bears can do well with him...but he ain't no Patrick Mahomes.
So then call your shot. If you have that much confidence in Mahomes to be that superior compared to Mitch you should have no problem at least saying by how much he will out produce Trubiaky by. Personally I think they will both be around 4200-4500 yards with 30TDs

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mahomes will have more production out of necessity. They have a bad defense and (their) offense needs to produce more.

That being said, Mahomes is better than Trubisky right now.

Last edited:

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
So then call your shot. If you have that much confidence in Mahomes to be that superior compared to Mitch you should have no problem at least saying by how much he will out produce Trubiaky by. Personally I think they will both be around 4200-4500 yards with 30TDs

I expect dear sweet Mitchell, or Trubiaky as you call him, to continue to improve, but that would be quite a step up, in yardage. I could see 30 TDs if Mole Eye stays healthy, but those numbers would also be a huge step backwards for Mahomes.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Most of the big shots here also didn't want Mahomes 1st. There were separately, moar Mitch or Watson advocates with Mahomes only having a couple/few Mahomes 1st advocates. Hindsight is 20/20 and many of us looked at him as a boom or bust type pick, including myself. The boom was enough for me to rank him 2nd to Mitch but all this bluster about the idiocy of not picking Mahomes is just that. There were sound reasons that had nothing to do with his generational arm talent as I referred to it before the draft, especially in the Bears situation where a miss would be devastating. KC could more easily afford to roll those dice with Smith behind center.

Mitch never had the potential to be as good or as frustrating as Mahomes did.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I expect dear sweet Mitchell, or Trubiaky as you call him, to continue to improve, but that would be quite a step up, in yardage. I could see 30 TDs if Mole Eye stays healthy, but those numbers would also be a huge step backwards for Mahomes.
Not really. Remember if he played in those 2 games he missed (against sub par defenses in DET and NYG) and has a below avg game of 200 yards and 1 TD per game that moves him up to 3600 yards and 26 TDs. It is not crazy to think he can improve by 600 passing yards and 4 TDs in his second season in Nagy's offense on what would be a very conservative projection for his season total last season. Also losing Hunt and Hill is a huge loss. Defenses can now braket Kelce and force Mahomes to throw to whoever the hell else they roll out there. Defenses won't have to worry about having to double cover Hill anymore and can take away his other favorite weapon.

Last edited:

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Not really. Remember if he played in those 2 games he missed (against sub par defenses in DET and NYG) and has a below avg game of 200 yards and 1 TD per game that moves him up to 3600 yards and 26 TDs. It is not crazy to think he can improve by 600 passing yards and 4 TDs in his second season in Nagy's offense on what would be a very conservative projection for his season total last season. Also losing Hunt and Hill is a huge loss. Defenses can now braket Kelce and force Mahomes to throw to whoever the hell else they roll out there. Defenses won't have to worry about having to double cover Hill anymmore and can take away his other favorite weapon.

I don't disagree with any of that. I just don't see Trubisky getting that much better yardage wise or Mahomes missing Hill that much, remember he was still lighting it up without Hunt. I missed Hunt more on my fantasy team than Mahomes and the Chiefs did.