Let's all just calm down here...

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:
As Sesame Street would say, one of these QBs is not like the others. I do wonder if some of the concerns about Fields are not the sports equivalent of Dog Whistling as I see no reason to not be optimisitc. He is easily the most accomplished and athletic QB we have ever drafted.

Dudes were happy when we got a mediocre white dude from a basketball school that wasnt on the draft radar going into his junior season. But worries we got a guy that has been seemingly destined for the 1st round since high school that played for one of the more successful football programs in college.
....... in addition to your point of him being easily the most accomplished and athletic QB ever drafted by the Bears, I would add that he is also one of the smartest QB’s ever drafted by the Bears as well.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
So you are saying to not be really happy for a QB because in the future we might be really sad.

If we are not really happy now and he ends up bad, we will never be really happy.

How about being really happy now and hope to be really happy all the time?

After all, if the Bears QB curse is going to come and bite us in the ass, it was going to bite us in the ass whether we were happy to begin with or not. Better to enjoy some happiness than no happiness at all if the curse continues.
Solid point fuck it im on board lets roll

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I personally have been a super optimistic bears fan...
...bears has set me up for srs butthurt be careful boyos

I legit saw this this thread title and assumed you were asking CCS to stop turning each and every thread into a 2-3 person childish pissing match flame war over nothing.

To your actual point, I'm glad to have hope for enjoying them building into the success we've all wanted but not really ever gotten; but I'm not placing my overall personal life happiness on a football team.

Sadly, many seem to prefer having little hope just to avoid being let down.
Understandable since the Bears consistently let us down after the hype train & Koolaid drinking many an offseason.
That said, there's legit change going on for this offense with substance to back it up.

I am NOT however comfortable with Nagy yet. He's got some serious proving to do. His last few years were really terrible in many ways. Perhaps he's good if/when he has a cerebral QB? Let's hope so. Adjusting to personel, in-game strategy, and holding players accountable are big empty loops in his HC toolbelt so far.

As usual, we all hope for off-season to be over already, but it can/should be the time for us to get our shit done IRL without FB to distract. ...yet here I am on CCS now ?‍♂️?

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I tried a reality check too.

I got angry.

png-transparent-crying-meme-face-internet-meme-rage-comic-pol-antifa-meme-television-white-face.png
FIFY

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I have been enthusiastic and overly optomistic about like 80 qbs now and im sure I'll get fully sucked in again sheesh i just said we should maybe calm down a tiny bit before we crown this latest guy in case he flops and we are all on the ledge again
I’m usually always happy with a change from what’s not working even if we don’t draft “my guy”. As much as I wanted Watson over trubisky I still felt we were going in right direction with a rookie qb. So don’t stop now with fields. His potential is way higher than many past bears blunders. I’m not saying he will ? pan out. But the potential is there unlike any other bears rookie qb I’ve seen drafted

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Fields is a thoroughbred that has never not delivered.

Every hardcore Bears fan should be fapping continuously and endlessly.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
....... in addition to your point of him being easily the most accomplished and athletic QB ever drafted by the Bears, I would add that he is also one of the smartest QB’s ever drafted by the Bears as well.

Yeah this would be like being burned numerous times by girls that are 5-7s with bad attitudes and then being concerned that you scored a 10 that has a great personality.

The OP would be like, "I can't trust you," while I would just shut the fuck up and make sure I do everything to not fuck this up.

jerkstore

Liked Posts:
So saying calm down a little bit is now racist? I mean i never said i wasn't enthusiastic about the kid in fact i am
Why is everything about skin color nowadays?
Have you been in a coma for the last four years?

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Yeah this would be like being burned numerous times by girls that are 5-7s with bad attitudes and then being concerned that you scored a 10 that has a great personality.

The OP would be like, "I can't trust you," while I would just shut the fuck up and make sure I do everything to not fuck this up.
This!

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's fuckin hilarious how triggered people are just cause someone is like hey, maybe we should temper this shit and actually give this kid a chance