Let's be real about Fields

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:

Any real talk about Justin fields begins with that.

Anyone who wants to make conclusive statements about Justin fields who either blows off the stats in that tweet or glosses them over with "well yeah of course, but..." and then shovels them aside and ignores them isn't mentally qualified to have an intelligent thought on Justin fields.
Honestly i dont want to hear shit about Justin Fields until he is working within a competing offensive system that gives him the opportunity to succeed. Im not sure how many qbs people need to see fail in this proven shit system before they finally realize its the system that sucks.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
I do too especially with Nagy gone but I dont feel the need to blame everyone else for everything simply to assuage my fears that the Bears may have got it wrong again.
Bullshit! How the hell can you judge a guy who didnt get reps with the starters in camp, has zero time to throw in a system that has proven to be a failure through multiple qbs? This coaching staff is a fucking joke!!!

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
I’m just guessing here, but it kind of looks to me like fields has no say whatsoever in the game plan or play choice. It just looks like Nagy told him theses are the plays you run, like it or not.
Fields has no ownership of this offense.
which, coming from an arrogant ass like Nagy, shouldn't surprise anyone…

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Honestly i dont want to hear shit about Justin Fields until he is working within a competing offensive system that gives him the opportunity to succeed. Im not sure how many qbs people need to see fail in this proven shit system before they finally realize its the system that sucks.
Exactly - Dan Orlovsky agrees with you.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I’m just guessing here, but it kind of looks to me like fields has no say whatsoever in the game plan or play choice. It just looks like Nagy told him theses are the plays you run, like it or not.
Fields has no ownership of this offense.
which, coming from an arrogant ass like Nagy, shouldn't surprise anyone…

EXACTLY. Fields told you as much when people were asking why he didn't throw to a wide open receiver and he was saying he was doing what he was told.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Bullshit! How the hell can you judge a guy who didnt get reps with the starters in camp, has zero time to throw in a system that has proven to be a failure through multiple qbs? This coaching staff is a fucking joke!!!

He can judge because he pays for a subscription to PFF, and in his mind, that makes him an expert in all things football, moreso than players who actually played the game. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::parrot:

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Yeah...fields has his challenges with the team and coaching and leeway needs to be given.

But- he is borderline historically bad.

If you count his 5 starts, he is putting up 149 yards per game, has 7 turnovers and 2 td.
Ryan leaf in his first 5 starts put up 145 per game, had 9 turnovers, and 1 td.
Both had records of 2 and 3.

Cade Mcnown in his first 5 starts had 5 tds and 7 turnovers, 155 yards per game. He also had a record of 2-3.

Fields isnt Mcnown or leaf level bad I would imagine... but he sure has not separated himself much.
Beyond that, Both chicago and San Diego were 4 and 12 the year before Leaf and Mcnown started their first games.
Both Sand Diego and Chicago had shit offenses when they were drafted- 25th and 26th the year prior.
The defenses were not that much better- SD had the 30th ranked d, chicago had the 26th ranked d the year prior.

For contrast, Fields walked in to a far better situation than Leaf and McNown- The league favors the passing game and Chicago ranked 22nd in offense, 14th in defense.

Dont act like nobody has faced bullshit situations.
Leaf and McNown actually had it worse- and I kind of expect Fields to perform light years ahead of both those washouts.
But he hasnt.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Simple I can judge him on the plays where he has people open and fails to make the play.

Mooney-sack.png

Should I blame Nagy because 3 guys are open and Fields inexplicably takes a 12 yard sack?

Last edited:

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
Simple I can judge him on the plays where he has people open and fails to make the play.

View attachment 15187

Should I blame Nagy because 3 guys are open and Fields inexplicably takes a 12 yard sack?
So we are going to judge a rookie making rookie mistakes over a guy whos given us 4 years of failing offense? Ok. Sure. Makes sense if you dont think about it.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So we are going to judge a rookie making rookie mistakes over a guy whos given us 4 years of failing offense? Ok. Sure. Makes sense if you dont think about it.

The issue was you were claiming it was not a mistake when in fact it was. I think Fields is going to be fine but let's stop denying when he fucked up. He fucked up here. Plain and simple.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
The issue was you were claiming it was not a mistake when in fact it was. I think Fields is going to be fine but let's stop denying when he fucked up. He fucked up here. Plain and simple.
Difference is all rookies have plays like this, but have a competent system or environment around turn where over the course of a game they can make plays to over come that. With Justin EVERY play like this becomes more meaningful unjustifiably because 90% of his other drop backs are doomed because nobody is open, or his line can’t block, or a combo of both.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Difference is all rookies have plays like this, but have a competent system or environment around turn where over the course of a game they can make plays to over come that. With Justin EVERY play like this becomes more meaningful unjustifiably because 90% of his other drop backs are doomed because nobody is open, or his line can’t block, or a combo of both.

Well I would not say 90% because he is kept clean 68% of the time but sure. He doesn't have the luxury of fucking up because the rest of the team is also fucking up.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Well I would not say 90% because he is kept clean 68% of the time but sure. He doesn't have the luxury of fucking up because the rest of the team is also fucking up.
Okay but that doesn’t account for his receivers not getting open either.

Bust

Liked Posts:
realist bear fans should be concerned with Justin's frequent fumbles.

He was dropping balls in preseason going up against 3rd string. Only reason no one said much cause he recovered 2 of his own and it was only exhibition.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Okay but that doesn’t account for his receivers not getting open either.

Who isn't open on this 12 yard sack by Fields. Look there are times when WRs are not open. There are also times when they are and he doesn't throw them the ball.

1635381185925.png

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Who isn't open on this 12 yard sack by Fields. Look there are times when WRs are not open. There are also times when they are and he doesn't throw them the ball.

View attachment 15213
again, every rookie has plays like this. the difference is the 90% of other plays when the line fucks up or nobody is open. You are missing the forest for the trees with this.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
again, every rookie has plays like this. the difference is the 90% of other plays when the line fucks up or nobody is open. You are missing the forest for the trees with this.

No I am saying you are making up a number and pretending it is real. 90% is not a real number. It is just a number you made up to support your argument. I have watched the all 22 of all the games. Fields fails to throw to open guys or with anticipation a lot. I won't make up a number like you did but your number isn't remotely accurate.