Let's compare apples to oranges....

baredown

Liked Posts:
Apples are responsible for gravity, or something like that....

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
... since we are doing that, why don't we compare the early career of Aaron Rodgers to Justin Fields. I'm pretty sure that Rodgers sat the first three seasons before starting.

With that in mind, I'm thinking we shouldn't panic too much about 'wasting' rookie Fields' contract with the draft picks that have been made this year. So far I'm buying the long term approach to the rebuild, and am excited to see where we will do in the years to come.

I agree. Yes, teams have a lot more flexibility when a QB is on his rookie contract to build a Superbowl winner. But that doesn't mean you have to win one on a QBs rookie contract or else you're doomed, and yet the media basically is so hung up on this that they act like this is the case.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I agree. Yes, teams have a lot more flexibility when a QB is on his rookie contract to build a Superbowl winner. But that doesn't mean you have to win one on a QBs rookie contract or else you're doomed, and yet the media basically is so hung up on this that they act like this is the case.
the media isn't so hung up on that at all.