Let's play GM!

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
To me the yards and TDs aren't a huge factor. I am more focused on WINS and turnovers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best recipe for winning is accumulating yards and scoring TDs. But hey, whateva.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Russell Wilson, Tom Brady and Carson Palmer were the on QB's to accomplish this last year. Jay is fucked by those metrics.

Others didn't quite hit those metrics simply due to injuries. This scenario is obviously barring injuries.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Seahawks and Cardinals were "running teams", too. Jamies Winston threw for 4000+ yards while the Bucs were 5th in the NFL in rushing. Cutler is better, tho.

I'd love for Jay to throw for 4,000+ and have a 2:1 TD/Int ratio. The problem is with Jay Cutlet, those contradict themselves. If Cutler throws for 4k, his TD:INT ratio will be closer to 1:1 lol. Where as if we run more and he only throws for closer to 3500 yards his TD:INT ratio should be much better like it was in 2015. Hell with Jeffery and White though, I say you air it out.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Others didn't quite hit those metrics simply due to injuries. This scenario is obviously barring injuries.

Sure, throw in Rodgers and Big Ben, but that's still only 5 people in the NFL that did it last year. I don't see any possible way Cutler can achieve those numbers unfortunately.

dawags

Liked Posts:
Hard to say, got to wait to see if Fox pulls his bone headed game management tricks or Pace changes long snappers mid season in an attempt to stay up in the top half of the draft for the third year of his rebuild.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Sure, throw in Rodgers and Big Ben, but that's still only 5 people in the NFL that did it last year. I don't see any possible way Cutler can achieve those numbers unfortunately.

Considering AT MOST only 6 teams could achieve this metric (due to the fact that it includes a playoff win) the fact that 5 of 6 basically achieved the other 2 metrics should be indicative of what we need to do to win playoff games in this league.

Seems obvious to me.

Parkway Drive

Liked Posts:
First of all, unless he wins the SB MVP he damn well better be willing / eager to restructure his contract, which I *believe* he and the Bears can do (please correct me if I am wrong) for the final 4 years.

That aside, I would hope for something around: 10-6, 65%, 4000+ yards, 28 td- 12 int.

da_bears6

Liked Posts:
Better decisions with the football and better deep ball accuracy.

I couldn't care less if he pads his stats in garbage time like Bortles did last year I want him to have less than 10 INTs, over 64% completions and have a QB rating over 95. Hopefully the defense can get turnovers this year to help out what is most likely going to be a struggling offense.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
First of all, unless he wins the SB MVP he damn well better be willing / eager to restructure his contract, which I *believe* he and the Bears can do (please correct me if I am wrong) for the final 4 years.

That aside, I would hope for something around: 10-6, 65%, 4000+ yards, 28 td- 12 int.

Thy can definitely restructure.

But, given there is very little guaranteed after this year (save 2 mil), why the heck would the Bears restructure?

Seems like cutting him makes much more sense...

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Oh hey, another Cutler thread out of the million that already exist, with posts by the same idiots that continue to bitch about him.

Hey look, another dumb ass who has no added NFL discussion value to the site other than bitching about others.

Bronze65

Liked Posts:
Hey look, another dumb ass who has no added NFL discussion value to the site other than bitching about others.

Hey look, dumbasses who add no value by making more Cutler threads and discussing the same thing as nauseum millions of times.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
With his arm talent, experience, and the rules of this league in the passing game, I consider anything less than 32 TD's and 12 int a failure.

Look what Carr did. Look what the goon in Jacksonville did. Cutlers numbers have not been good enough.

He is a frustrating player for sure, because he is better than what you are likely to get elswewhere, but just doesn't have the intellectual qualities to get to a championship level. Worse, the second you believe in the guy he will give up on a game, throw it in the dirt, throw a petulant tantrum pick 6, or get hurt. Its a harsh and sad and long story.

I'm fine with him having one more chance, but if I don't see 32 int and 12 TD and just feel we are wasting time with a QB who can't ever be quite good enough to win with.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
What would you need to see from Jay and/or the bears in 2016 for YOU to justify keeping Jay around for 2017 and beyond?

Discuss.

No BRANE

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Considering AT MOST only 6 teams could achieve this metric (due to the fact that it includes a playoff win) the fact that 5 of 6 basically achieved the other 2 metrics should be indicative of what we need to do to win playoff games in this league.

Seems obvious to me.

I'm on board with you, I just don't think Cutler is capable of those stats. He's nothing more then a stop gap at this point, imo.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Top 5 thread of all time........at least top 10......top 15 for sure.........if it's over 15 then only like 1 or 2 over or maybe 3 over so top 17........definitely top 20.............................

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
And the resident stalker rears his braneless head, once again.

images