Let's play GM

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
To everyone who says that they will keep Fangio on board as DC:

It was reported that Fangio wanted out of San Fran because they did not promote him after Harbaugh got fired. Given the premise of the topic, how do you intend on keeping him around?

The interesting thing about Fangio is that he doesn't seem to generate any interest from teams looking for a HC. I'm not even sure he's even had an interview. So I think we've got a good shot at keeping him as DC.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
I don't think the Bears have to draft a QB in the 1st round next year, but they certainly can't have Cutler behind center for another season. Wherever they end up picking in the 1st round, they need it to be someone that will be a Pro Bowler at their position. This team is lacking at the franchise changing positions of QB, LT, and DE so pick the best one in the group. Find a veteran QB to fill a gap for a season or two and develop a younger QB (drafted in later rounds or traded for) slowly.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If you hire a head coach (other than Vic) he will want his own regime. The chances of retaining Fangio are slim.

Jim Harbaugh isn't going to happen, anyone that thinks that is an option is delusional.

TheeUndyingFan

Dragon of Dojima
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
I see there are still some in the thread okay with running Cutler out there another year. I've talked myself into Cutler being our best option before the year started, and previous years, but no more.

I have friends that will pick apart the other fifty-two players but immediately come to Jay's defense, every single time. It puts me in a fucking stupor.

I can not stomach another year of this guy coming out of the tunnel lethargic, I just can't. Anyone on here that disagrees should be ashamed of themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
Surely everyone agrees that Cutler is done now.

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
I'd hire people from this message board for all of the coaching positions.

The identity would be "offensive" since some posters take offense to others having different views and opinions.

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
1-let fox stay on
2-fangio full control of defensive staff
3-off staff completely gone

I actually like the last 2 drafts. Unfortunately tons of injuries. I trust pace signings/drafts so far.

1-off line #1 priority
2-must do whatever with pics to get QB they want most in draft
3-trade cutler for anything(we seem to trade everything for 5th rd pics)
4-CB position needs complete revamping. Porter is old and fuller just can't compete. Safeties can continue developing.
5-Houston and McPhee must go...can't pay people to never be able to get on the field.

Still need 2-3 more drafts...but I'd stay patient with pace/fox/fangio

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Alright - lets play. The very first thing I do is hire Josh McDaniels, OC of New England. McDaniels had a short ugly tenure in Denver, but he's a tremendous OC. He's worked under Belichick for years. People forgot Belichick failed his first go-around in Cleveland. McDaniels has a lot of connections through out the league and I think he'd do a lot better his second go around. He could also call plays offensively. He'd have to hire a DC who would play a 3-4 to replace the declining/over rated Fangio. We've spent a few years bringing in 3-4 guys -- need to transition easier than we did last time after Tucker and his crappy 4-3.

Head Coach - Josh McDaniels.

My three immediate goals would be acquiring players at the following positions: QB, LT and DE/Edge Rusher. If we have the 5th overall pick, we should be in position to draft Kizer (QB, Notre Dame), Watson (QB, Clemson), or Kaaya (QB, Miami).

I would not expect to legitimately compete for three years. Very few players on the current roster would be core members going forward. Kyle Long, Eddie Goldman, Jonathon Bullard, Alshon Jeffrey, Danny Trevathan, and possibly Jordan Howard would probably be the only ones. I have absolutely no faith in Leonard Floyd and Kevin White -- none.

I would re-sign Hoyer as the starting QB for the 2017 season so we can groom our future starter. The next three drafts would feature 1st round selections at QB, LT, or DE/OLB. We NEED talent at those three positions.

Josh McDaniels is a horrible head coach, and a fool.

EVERY coach that has come from NE has done poorly elsewhere, yet people here want NE coordinators.

Hello?

Charlie Weiss?
Josh McDaniels?
Romeo Crennell?
Bill Obrien, whose team will win this year, has been below expectations (and is a douche)

Who has come from NE and succeeded?

If they hire Josh mcdaniel, I will go on hiatus. That guy is a flaming douchebag.

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I know that there are people who will tell you this is a bad QB year.

I think there are 4 QBs with the talent and athletic ability to be the Bears pick.
Absolutely agree. This class could end up being one of the better ones in recent memory - it wasn't just Wentz and Goff.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
People want McDaniels as hc - the same guy who moved up to get Tebow with the 25th pick in 2010? Ok.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My first move would be to fire the idiot who fired Pace and Fox after only 2 seasons. It's not like we are dealing with Emery and Trestman here.

Aim your arrows at Cutler, Emery, and Angelo. Give the new regime some time otherwise they might as well change the name to the Chicago Browns or Bills.

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Storyline:

- Who do you hire as head coach? Why?
- Do you make any changes to your coordinators? If so, who?
- Who do you change as position coaches if any?
- What kind of identity would you like this team to become? ie offensive or defensive minded?
- What are areas of weakness on the team that you look to fill in free agency?
- What positions do you look to draft with the 5th overall pick? What players are on your radar with that pick?
- How quickly do you think you can take this team to the playoffs?

Alright....My first move is getting ahold of Jim Harbaugh's agent immediately. I think I would be still be a great hire for any NFL especially this one. That's my coach.

The coaching staff would be up to Jim. He would have final say. Maybe Vic stays.... Maybe he doesn't, ultimately it's up to Jim. Dowell on the other hand would be toast regardless.

Defensive centric.

Free agency for me would include grade A offensive line, grade A secondary help, grade B TE, and the rest would be some depth help on the defensive line and secondary.

Round 1 - Quarterback killer
Round 2 - Quarterback
Round 3 - Another Quarterback killer
Round 4 - OL prospect
Round 5 - CB prospect
Round 6 - TE prospect
Round 7 - Kicker

Playoffs in Jim Harbaughs first year.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Lots of detailed questions. To me, the big complaint for several years was that the Bears didn't draft well, especially in the 1st round. Fox was brought in to stabilize the franchise, Pace was brought in to draft better. I think Fox has stabilized the franchise. I don't think Pace has drafted any better than the previous regimes. In fact, given the high draft position Pace has had the last two years, you could argue that Pace has drafted even worse. All of the other rhetoric of firing position coaches and commenting on Cutler is really just window dressing. Its still the same story...the Bears need to draft better players.

I think Floyd and White need more than 2 games.

But Goldman and Whitehair look like long term studs, and Emery couldn't do anything in the 2nd or 3rd round outside of Alshon.

I do not think he has been worse than Emery, probably better. To me right now he is the decent Angelo years [04-07].

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Everyone's mock draft for the Bears should start

1[2] Insert QB of your choosing or who Cleveland down not pick