My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
- Who do you hire as head coach? Why?
- Do you make any changes to your coordinators? If so, who?
- Who do you change as position coaches if any?
- What kind of identity would you like this team to become? ie offensive or defensive minded?
- What are areas of weakness on the team that you look to fill in free agency?
- What positions do you look to draft with the 5th overall pick? What players are on your radar with that pick?
- How quickly do you think you can take this team to the playoffs?

I wont argue the premise of your situation, but I'd like to note that while Fox may or may not be fired, there is no way that they get rid of Pace.
1) I'd upgrade Fangio to HC

2) I'd fire Loggains and try to hire Marty Mornhinweg as OC (he is currently the QB coach in Baltimore)

3) I'd want a defensive minded team that has a capable offense. I dont care if the offense is run first or pass oriented, i just want them to be good enough that the defense isnt on the field for 2/3 of the game.

4) After resigning Jeffrey, this team has a need for a better TE, CB, S, and QB, but I am not going to overspend on FAs. FAs are for helping you cross the finish line, not to help approach it. That strategy goes out the window if the right QB becomes available in FA, though.

5) We look for a QB at #5. If the right prospect isnt there, we take the player that my coaches feel would make the biggest difference for our team. BPA fails where you dont account for how they fit your scheme. Hell, I would even reach for my QB (people will shut up about reaching for the guy when he starts playing well).

6) I'd like to say 2 years, but you can never really tell how long it takes for a QB to start playing well enough to get into the playoffs. I'll give myself 3 years with that in mind.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
I hire five guys from here.
We fucking party like escaped cons for two years until fired.
Then get jobs on ESPN as qualified analysts while going to cocain rehab.

The "wolf of soldier field" movie rights are worth millions.

The Dream Team:

Myself
Novak
Ommy
WinCity
Ares

Can't see anyway we wouldn't go 16-0 in year one.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
2) I'd fire Loggains and try to hire Marty Mornhinweg as OC (he is currently the QB coach in Baltimore)

I commend you for picking an OC, but doesn't hiring the guy under Trestman sound like a bad idea?

Escobar's Army

Liked Posts:
I don't reach for a QB in the draft if there is an elite OL or DL available and keep Jay another year/draft a QB later.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
HC - Vic Fangio
DC - Ed Donatell
OC - Rob Chudzinski

Draft DeShaun Watson at #5.. Kiser will be 1st to Browns and no fucking way they're trading that pick.. Chud has good experience with a QB like Watson and transformed a shitty offense to a top 10 with young Cam Newton...
Finally Draft a real starting RB (Jalen Hurd/Nick Chubb). Double dip on QB, Draft his backup later in this same draft (Rush/Kelly). Defense and oline picks with the rest.

Resign Jeffery
Sign:
S - Tony Jefferson. Finally, a real starting safety
CB - Logan Ryan to start opposite Deiondre Hall/Callahan. Let Porter and Fuller backup these guys
OT - Really anyone could be better than Massie right now

This will be a defensive team with a QB who scares defenses with his legs, making our running backs even better.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
I don't reach for a QB in the draft if there is an elite OL or DL available and keep Jay another year/draft a QB later.

That's fine and dandy taking an elite OL/DL if the top prospects are gone and we can't trade up, but keeping Cutler? I'd rather throw a 5th round rookie in there after what i saw this last game. Cutler is falling apart, physically and mentally

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I commend you for picking an OC, but doesn't hiring the guy under Trestman sound like a bad idea?

The blind squirrel found a nut, I wont hold it against him that his superior was a shit HC here. Mornhinweg has a track record of success as an OC and employs a west coast offense. Between 2008 and 2011, his Eagle's offenses were in the top 10 by points scored. He is as competitive a candidate that you can find that isnt currently a HC or OC in the NFL.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Josh McDaniels is the right Head Coach
An offensive mind and someone we know would get ridda Cutler.

.....but first extend Fangio's contract five years with bonus incentives

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I know that there are people who will tell you this is a bad QB year.

I think there are 4 QBs with the talent and athletic ability to be the Bears pick.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
After the "shit" show we have endured since his arrival I really am absolutely ready for McDaniels to take his pick of which QB can run his system and go from there.

Always glimmers of hope to be constantly deflated are NOW OUR PAST

Lets run Jay outta town

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

I think there are 4 QBs with the talent and athletic ability to be the Bears pick.

People said that about last years draft too. Wentz seems to be doing okay.

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
Storyline: The Bears finish 2016 in last place in the NFC North and net the 5th overall pick in the 2017 NFL Draft. Cutler, riddled with injuries and poor play, decides to retire a day after the 2016 season ends. John Fox and Ryan Pace are both fired from their jobs on the same day. You are hired as GM to first most hire a new head coach and start fresh. The situation of the coordinators and all other coaches has not yet been determined. That is entirely up to you. Head coaches fired at the time of your hire: Rex Ryan, John Fox, Chuck Pagano, Mike Mularkey. No coordinators have been hired yet as head coaches.

- What kind of identity would you like this team to become? ie offensive or defensive minded?
- What positions do you look to draft with the 5th overall pick? What players are on your radar with that pick?

I think this would be a fun exercise for us. The Bears are bad enough that it is easy to list things that are wrong with the franchise. Let's try and come up with our thoughts on how we think the team can improve!

Preferably Matt Patricia or Dave Toub. Patricia and Toub are some of the most respected coaches in the league. Maybe, I go in-house and promote Fangio to HC.

On the offensive side, yes. Dowell Loggains is fired and Greg Roman is hired as his replacement.

Quarterbacks coach.

Offensively, we would build that side of the ball around our rookie QB. Defensively, stop the run and get after the quarterback.

TE, RT, OLB, CB, and S

QB with DeShone Kizer as the selection.

Probably in 2 years or so.

Escobar's Army

Liked Posts:

If this us the car then it's a no brainer to go QB, but we can not afford to pass up a top flight OL/DL (Garrett/Robinson) prospect for a questionable QB pick. The quickest way to set back a franchise is reaching for QBs early in the draft.

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
the only thing I see happening is Loggins gets the boot unless fox has a epic meltdown in the looker room that surpass Trestman and company.

however I do think cutler is gone and I am all in on the Kizer train for 2017.....:hitler:

1360259398_snow_clearing_train.gif

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
Thankfully, we still have 14 games left this season and don't have to replace our last two draft classes or the 2016 free agents yet.

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
If this us the car then it's a no brainer to go QB, but we can not afford to pass up a top flight OL/DL (Garrett/Robinson) prospect for a questionable QB pick. The quickest way to set back a franchise is reaching for QBs early in the draft.

Myles Garrett is no doubt a top flight prospect. He is already the #1 rated prospect for many people. I'd love to have him. I don't see Cam Robinson's future at left tackle in the NFL, which is a position the Bears could upgrade. Many believe his future is at right tackle or guard like D.J. Fluker did his rookie year, a guy who he's been compared to. Plus, with the off-the-field issues and questions, I don't see Pace taking him. I think he'd be a good player, but I don't see it happening.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Pace is the worst GM in the league. I've said this many times. Unfortunately it looks like I'm right. The Bears should hire me.

greg23

Liked Posts:
If im hired as the gm then in the interview process ive already told ted phillips to go fuck himself and never speak to me or make any football related decisions. Ive also told whatever mckaskey ive interviewed with to open the checkbook, get the fuk out of my office and never come back for 5 year.

Then

I go hire jim harbaugh and tell him its our show and the ass clowns above us have been told to f-off

After that, im letting him hire his own staff and hope that hes kept fangio on board as d-coord

After that we've determined the talent level sucks and we are accumulating as many picks as possible and stockpiling assets at all levels since we're not strong at any position.

As part of that strategy im blowing up every gm phone in trade down scenarios for the 5th pick and trading any mid-older assest i have (possible sign and trade jeffrey, long, etc)

I know I will suck for at least 1 year but have told Phillips and George to f-off so I have years 2-5 to become dominant.

With harnaugh and my track record we should be approacing the playoffs at the end of year 2.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
To everyone who says that they will keep Fangio on board as DC:

It was reported that Fangio wanted out of San Fran because they did not promote him after Harbaugh got fired. Given the premise of the topic, how do you intend on keeping him around?