Let's say we get a Top Ten pick next year.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like Wentz very much and did out of NDSU, but what's next? He's omnipotent?

So... bash on a guy for wanting a QB who's already providing great returns for their team as a rookie? That makes a lot of sense.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
The Bears will finally be in position to get a talented young QB.

Please people, do not over think this.

I have to overthink it. Think about this scenario...

We suck this badly all year long, and come the offseason, no heads roll. Kizer coming into this bottom-dwelling shitshow. The current team/staff would likely destroy any chance he has at developing into a solid QB. And we'd all be lamenting about how he's Jay Cutler 2.0, just like John Fox is Lovie Smith 2.0!

We need Pace to cut off Fox's head, and hire an offensive-minded coach to go with his new franchise QB. Maybe that's why he didn't draft a QB... MAYBE PACE IS A GENIUS!

Right, don't overthink it...

Brandon Marshall

Liked Posts:
Best QB easily. Look at what Philadelphia and LA had to give up to draft a top QB prospect. I'd even keep Cutler for one more season to use him as the guy getting killed because of our shitty OL. Gives us an extra summer to make the OL as good as we can, and probably use a high 1st rounder to draft a stud LT.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Best QB easily. Look at what Philadelphia and LA had to give up to draft a top QB prospect. I'd even keep Cutler for one more season to use him as the guy getting killed because of our shitty OL. Gives us an extra summer to make the OL as good as we can, and probably use a high 1st rounder to draft a stud LT.

No reason to keep Cutler when Hoyer is just as capable of both sucking and taking a beating. Let Jay ride off into the Nashville sunset never to be seen again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I have to overthink it. Think about this scenario...

We suck this badly all year long, and come the offseason, no heads roll. Kizer coming into this bottom-dwelling shitshow. The current team/staff would likely destroy any chance he has at developing into a solid QB. And we'd all be lamenting about how he's Jay Cutler 2.0, just like John Fox is Lovie Smith 2.0!

We need Pace to cut off Fox's head, and hire an offensive-minded coach to go with his new franchise QB. Maybe that's why he didn't draft a QB... MAYBE PACE IS A GENIUS!

Right, don't overthink it...

I don't think or see Fox as the problem and all we would need for our new young QB is a new OC that respected around the league. The o-line isn't as bad as it's looked so far and will get better, we have A.Jeffery (hopefully), K.White, Z.Miller and what looks like a good RB in J.Howard with Langford as a good backup RB so there's plenty of talent on offense and who knows who they'll add in the draft or free agency.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

If they want a crash test dummy for a year, Hoyer is a much cheaper one than Cutler.

Liked Posts:
Who specifically do you want?

Draft a Left and Right Tackle. Build from the lines out, yeah it's not sexy but it works. Bringing a rookie QB into this mess without really fixing the O-Line is a recipe for disaster. I am not sure if Pace is up to the task. How much does Pace have to do with the current state of the Saints roster (The scouts he brought over as well)? THe D-line needs help too.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Yeah, cheaper, but you get what you pay for. In all honesty, Cutler is one of the best QB's I've ever seen at taking an ass beating.

Yeah, Hoyer would probably miss more time than Cutler. Cutler is one tough SOB.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bears will finally be in position to get a talented young QB.

Please people, do not over think this.

Over think? I was thinking we needed to draft a QB in rounds 1, 2 and 3, just to make sure. Is that over thinking?

I Just Want To Read

Liked Posts:
Draft a Left and Right Tackle. Build from the lines out, yeah it's not sexy but it works. Bringing a rookie QB into this mess without really fixing the O-Line is a recipe for disaster. I am not sure if Pace is up to the task. How much does Pace have to do with the current state of the Saints roster (The scouts he brought over as well)? THe D-line needs help too.

It really doesn't work though. If you get a top 5 pick, it should not be used on the O-Line.

O-Lines are effective as a unit. Top 5 picks (and first rounders in general) should be reserved for positions where individuals shine (such as QB, Pass Rusher, WR/CB)

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
If we have a Top 5 pick (which we clearly will) and Ryan Pace drafts anything BUT a QB -- he should literally be sentenced to 20 years in a maximum security prison with out the possibility of early release.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If we have a Top 5 pick (which we clearly will) and Ryan Pace drafts anything BUT a QB -- he should literally be sentenced to 20 years in a maximum security prison with out the possibility of early release.

No need to waste taxpayers money, plenty of people in Chicago would kill him if he does that.