Let's take a vote...

Status
Not open for further replies.

bossdrb

The Boss
Donator
Liked Posts:
Regardless of what happens from here on out, would you like to retain the current coaching staff in its entirety or go for Cowher/Gruden? May use this vote in an article...

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Retain our coaching staff.

With a solid offensive line, we're unstoppable.

Reactions: Pre

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
If we make the playoffs...I keep the staff as is another year and see what the staff does to improve our team even more next year.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I don't think either are actually going to take a job next season. I see Gruden taking at least 1 more year away and I don't know if Cowher will go back.

Regardless of that, I'd retain Lovie on contract in his final year. I'd want to fire Phillips and JA still, especially JA. Having the freedom to spend big money on a player doesn't mean you had a good offseason as a GM, just as an organization regardless of most of the GMs actions.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
lol Scoot, love the sig. This is my first time noticing the caption underneath it.

I might make that a site smiley and name it :vick:

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
if the bears make the playoffs...which they should imo...i dont see why they shouldnt retain their coaching staff

Globetrotter

Liked Posts:
I cannot stand Lovie. He's cost the Bears a win this year, not to mention several the past few years with his decision making.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
lol Scoot, love the sig. This is my first time noticing the caption underneath it.

I might make that a site smiley and name it :vick:

lol...I've had it up since last Tuesday or Wednesday I think lol. I think it would make a good smiley though.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I don't think either are actually going to take a job next season. I see Gruden taking at least 1 more year away and I don't know if Cowher will go back.

Regardless of that, I'd retain Lovie on contract in his final year. I'd want to fire Phillips and JA still, especially JA. Having the freedom to spend big money on a player doesn't mean you had a good offseason as a GM, just as an organization regardless of most of the GMs actions.

Yeah in reality what it boils down to is Phillips and JA. Sadly this organization will probably keep them. I really want a guy who can friggin draft offensive and defensive players.

Dr. KickurButkus

Liked Posts:
I don't think even if the Bears lose their remaining games will they make a coaching switch. Lovie still has one more year (for how many other millions already coming to him)and) we all know the McCaskey's will not hire someone at the end of this season knowing they are still on the hook for Lovie and there might be a work stoppage in 2011. Regardless this team is a lot better than I had ever invisioned especially after training camp. If the Bears collapse, Angelo goes first this year and Lovie remains a lame duck until 2011 is resolved and then it's clean house and start over, otherwise same as usual!

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
I don't think even if the Bears lose their remaining games will they make a coaching switch. Lovie still has one more year (for how many other millions already coming to him)and) we all know the McCaskey's will not hire someone at the end of this season knowing they are still on the hook for Lovie and there might be a work stoppage in 2011. Regardless this team is a lot better than I had ever invisioned especially after training camp. If the Bears collapse, Angelo goes first this year and Lovie remains a lame duck until 2011 is resolved and then it's clean house and start over, otherwise same as usual!

You're assuming the McCaskey's actually make those decisions, they didn't hire JA.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
You have to give Lovie and crew at least another year. They've earned that much.

SuperSwede

Liked Posts:
Let the staff stay for one more year, 8-3 right now are great improvement in one year and remember that they dident have top round picks in the draft this year.
So let them have a draft and offseason to improve even more.

At the same time, if the results dont come next year aswell dont be shy to move on.

IronMike

Liked Posts:
Get rid of them regardless of what happens. I'm sick and tired of mediocrity. The Bears deserve greatness. Nobody will be talking about Lovie Smith 10 years from now unless they're talking about Dave too.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Get rid of them regardless of what happens. I'm sick and tired of mediocrity. The Bears deserve greatness. Nobody will be talking about Lovie Smith 10 years from now unless they're talking about Dave too.

That's a lot of wash just based on hatred. He will be recalled, already easily became the 3rd winningest coach in the Bears history, took the team to a super bowl... and if they get to the playoffs that 3 year playoff drought was something plenty of those so called great potential coaching prospects next year (Cowher, Fisher, ect.) have shared. Nobody seems to oust them as having settled for mediocrity and they were at those same stages as Lovie Smith, except their personality connected to the majority of fans, (something that makes no difference in their actual coaching success)

IronMike

Liked Posts:
Hatred in that I want the Bears to be the great team they should be as one of the most storied franchises in NFL history. The Bears got embarrassed in the Super Bowl and playoffs. Seriously, they were not a good team either time. They were lucky to make it to the Super Bowl. Mostly it came to Mike Brown being in the right place at the right time. I went to 6 of those games that season. Right now they look more convincing than they ever have under Lovie and that's great and all don't get me wrong but Lovie is not a good coach. That much is obvious.

Mostly it's ownership but you can't fire them.

Status
Not open for further replies.