Letting Allen Robinson sign with the Bears was a catastrophic blunder by the Jaguars

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
We know how that feels. Pace made a catastrophic blunder by letting Alshon sign with eagles and not getting anything in return.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
In about six months we could just as easily see this labeled as another catastrophic FA signing by Pace.

I don't get it? Why? You make it sound like a coin flip. I'm not seeing it.

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
We know how that feels. Pace made a catastrophic blunder by letting Alshon sign with eagles and not getting anything in return.

iu

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
He's coming off an injury. ACL. If he passed the Bears physical, you would think he should be fine....but still, there is some doubt there.

He also had the same kevin white stress fracture in 2014 when he missed 6 games

Stress Fracture, ACL, Jaguars knew him better than anyone so cant really say they made a mistake. They made the playoffs last year and need to sign guys who they can get on the field. Nobody is really sure if AR is even going to start game 1. Its 6-9 months for a regular human being to recover so they can walk and go back to their desk job.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Trubisky threatening tier 1 fantasy QB...nice

I don't know about this and I certainly wouldn't draft him as your starter, but he would be a solid guy to draft in the later rounds if this offense really does take off.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Sure hope Robinson pans out, but I am not in a hurry for him to be on the field week one. I know it will be nearly a year, but if he is not Adrian Peterson and needs a little longer to recover then let him take a little extra time. He has the talent to be patient with him.

I still like the signing, until I don't.....

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I don't know about this and I certainly wouldn't draft him as your starter, but he would be a solid guy to draft in the later rounds if this offense really does take off.
Just don't do it in db70's rip off league no matter what you do.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

LiverpoolBearsFAn

Liked Posts:
If he stays healthy and comes back as good as he was before then he’ll be a fantastic addition. It’s an if but without that if he probably never hits free agency. There’s an element of risk but the ceiling if it comes off is extremely high, and most free agency signings have some element of risk to them. Very rare a guy with his talent at his age becomes available.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just don't do it in db70's rip off league no matter what you do.

Fear not. As reigning champion of that league, I will be enacting my Champion's Right to serve as co-commissioner for the 2018 season to ensure a fair experience for all.

DB70 and myself are working furiously to bring CCS a far superior FF product this fall and will be looking to recruit some coaches in approximately ten weeks.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
AR doesn’t need 1500 yards for the Bears offense to be successful. He’ll make the offense extremely effective just by being on the field

Exactly! If the offense is doing well, then the defense will not be able to shut down one player with double or triple coverage and essentially eliminate the offense. Unlike last year, if a team was able to shut down the run game, then we had no chance to win the game.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
AR doesn’t need 1500 yards for the Bears offense to be successful. He’ll make the offense extremely effective just by being on the field

This is true. He is a coverage draw.

That means 1 on 1 for Gabriel and his elite speed and it means 1 on 1s in the slot for Miller.

The ripple effect of a guy who cannot be covered 1 on 1 in an offense is huge. The Chiefs crushed 1 on 1 matchups last season because teams were terrified of Hill running by their CB.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

Yes, teams were lined up to pay a lackadaisical kid that had injuries and a PED suspension in his CONTRACT year. That's like showing up at the combine and failing the drug test. He had to take less money than Pace was offering to move on. Pace would have been idiotic to tag him a 2nd time.

He's probably going to miss a good portion of the 2018 season too.

This is tough place to earn the distinction of worst poster on the forum but you're definitely in the team picture.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
He's probably going to miss a good portion of the 2018 season too.

Do you have proof for this or are you making stuff as usual? A little bit of advice. A meatball like you should not be calling anyone a bad poster. You are the textbook definition of a meatball homer poster that supports every mistake the team makes.